PDA

View Full Version : Whooshed right past goal!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jannie
Mon, May-12-03, 10:18
WOW-well, after recovering from the diarhhea by having to eat nothing BUT carbs for 36 hours, I finally got back to normal, and weighed myself today, and was bowled over-I'm a pound UNDER my goal!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks to all of you for your unending support and the great hints and info given out on these boards. Sugar-free jello has set me free from sweet cravings! :p :p :p

I plan to hang around, and would love to hear from anyone who is doing maintenance-thanks again, everyone, this community has been a large part of my ability to stay motivated...

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yellowrose
Mon, May-12-03, 10:26
Jan, Outstanding work!!!!!Congrats on your success!!!!!YR :daze:

lucky1
Mon, May-12-03, 10:27
Jan, what a great success! You can go to the Maintenance forum on this site and pal around with the Lifers now. Congratulations!

SweetSheri
Mon, May-12-03, 10:28
Jannie,that is wonderful!!!!I Know you must be bouncing off the walls lol (I would be) :Party: !What an inspiration I love this WOL :cheer:

mystery2u
Mon, May-12-03, 10:29
Congradulations!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

hippygal
Mon, May-12-03, 10:57
Can't wait to meet you across the finish line !

WAY TO GO !!!!!

Smudgie
Mon, May-12-03, 12:53
How exciting to have reached goal!

You are really an inspiration, Jan.
I love to hear success stories! Continued good luck!

Val

shama
Mon, May-12-03, 12:58
:D

Super de duper!!!!!! I have a 3 yr old and we watch Barney!!!
WTG!!!!!!! on the weight loss! :cheer: :cheer:

Continued success to you, and if you have a tips please pass them my way!

Shannon :rose:

paradise
Mon, May-12-03, 13:48
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats on making goal (or going past goal)!

You can go to the Maintenance forum on this site and pal around with the Lifers now.

I am fairly close to goal, so I went to the Maintenance forum out of curiosity. It's AWFULLY quiet over there. For example, if you post something, it might be a week before you get a response, if you're lucky to EVEN get one. You should stay here. The Atkins forum is by far the most active one on this board.

Kudos to you again. Now the hard part is beginning.....keeping the weight off!

sarah36
Mon, May-12-03, 13:58
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

angelswed
Mon, May-12-03, 15:09
thats great ! :thup:

Groggy60
Mon, May-12-03, 15:31
Congratulations!

I did the same thing, my goal was 167 and I it just wasn't happening. Got a weird virus that made me cramp and not want to eat, followed by a cold and my weight hit 165.5.

My biggest whooshes have been when I get sick.

Why do you suppose there is no forum on this site for maintenance? For a way of life, everyone seems here is trying to loose weight.

paradise
Mon, May-12-03, 15:52
Groggy60, there is a forum here for Maintenance, however, I've posted in the past that it does not seem that there is much support for maintainers. I think also once people reach goal they are not really interested in hanging out here anymore - bigger, better, things to do.

Jannie
Mon, May-12-03, 16:06
Thanks, all-I did try the maintenance forum-no replies!! That's why I asked for replies on this site, tho't someone might actually be on maintenance, now or soon!

:thup: :thup: :thup:

red1cutie
Mon, May-12-03, 16:49
Wow!! Awesome Jannie. Thanks for sharing!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let us know how maintenance is going.

Peace
red

jers52
Mon, May-12-03, 19:06
such success is to be applauded :clap:

Jan S.

Pugzilla
Mon, May-12-03, 19:50
Congratulations! May I just say that I can't wait to be in your shoes! You've done a great job! :Party: :clap: :Party: :clap:

I'm from the Baltimore area, too. I guess I'll recognize you if I see someone slender, gorgeous and walking with their feet two feet off the ground! :dazzle:

chelles
Mon, May-12-03, 22:05
Excellent job! We have the same goal weight (though I started at 211 pounds) and I can't wait to be posting like you did!

I agree with the consensus that maintenance folks should stay here - it's kept me motivated!

gracecame
Mon, May-12-03, 22:23
AWESOME!!

Thanks fort sharing it's great inspiration!! :wave: :thup:

Jannie
Tue, May-13-03, 08:32
Hey, fellow baltimoron!! Which part of the area are you from??

I live in Timonium and work in Pikesville-so glad to know someone else in the area!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Pugzilla
Tue, May-13-03, 20:43
Hi Jannie! I live in Reisterstown and work in Westminster! We've been to computer shows over at the fairgrounds, so I know the area your talking about.

How cool! We're practically neighbors! :wave:

Jannie
Wed, May-14-03, 07:39
Hey, this is too cool! :cool: