PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lwilliam
Fri, May-09-03, 10:34
Hi,my name is Lyn and I have just joined. Can't tell you how great it is to make contact with other Australian Low Carbers. Hopefully you may be able to help me with some sources for low carb products? Cheers Lyn

jaddles
Fri, May-09-03, 21:30
Hi Lyn!! :wave:

Welcome!! I love this site too 'cos we have our own Australian & Enzed area.

I'm not much help to you with lowcarb products, I dont use any! I try to stick with natural whole foods as much as I can.

Pamlyn
Sat, May-10-03, 15:40
Hi Lyn, welcome to the LC Club. I've been on Atkins now for 7 weeks (and loving it). First diet I've ever had success on and not wanted to go off. If I can help in anyway with any of your questions, please yell! Went into an Angus & Robertson bookstore yesterday and found 2 great books on low carb eating. "The Low-carb diet for life" and "Low Carb Meals in Minutes". Both by Linda Gassenheimer. Still think Dr. Atkins book with all the fantastic receipes in it is the best tho.
Have you heard about using "FitDay" for your carb/calorie counting? Makes life a lot easier. Check out www.fitday.com
Cheers
Pam
:wave:

lwilliam
Mon, May-12-03, 06:32
Hi,
Thanks to those who sent messages of welcome and encouragement to this new member. I am having a bit of a :thdown: period at the moment and do appreciate the messages. Thanks Lyn

Pamlyn
Mon, May-12-03, 14:30
Hi Lyn. Sorry to hear about the :thdown: period. Things not going well with the diet? If I can help at all, please let me know. Induction is pretty rugged for the first two weeks, but, from then on in, it's all cruising. Hang in there.
Cheers...Pam
:thdown:

ozgal
Wed, May-21-03, 00:29
Hello,

GNC stores have some Atkins products. I just purchased Atkins Sugar Free Pancake Syrup.

If you do a search on the internet for GNC+Australia you should come up with a number to ring for store locations.

A good site to also try is www.carb-lite.au.com it has many, many good recipes that use regular everyday ingredients.

Hope things starting looking up for you.

ozgal