PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

diet4alli
Thu, May-08-03, 11:26
I just joined this site and it seems like it will be very helpful! I've been on Protein Power since last September and I've lost 30 lbs since. I've hit a slight stall on the weight loss, but considering I haven't been able to exercise at all since I started this diet (multiple knee surgeries), I'm expecting things to pick up again when I start working out. For those of you that are just starting out on this diet, the best advice I can give you is to stick with it b/c it really does work! I never really feel like I'm dieting anymore. I've battled weight issues since I was 9 yrs old and tried every diet under the sun with no luck. After years of eating disorders, diet pills, low fat/low calorie EVERYTHING, not only was I not losing weight, but I was very unhealthy. After being on this diet for 4 weeks, my high blood pressure went down, my high cholesterol went down, and my weight went down! So it is so good to find so many other people that are in the same boat as me and offer such great support! I look forward to reading about everyone's trials, tribulations and successes!!!
-Alli

Iowagirl
Thu, May-08-03, 11:43
Welcome! Glad to see you've come over from 'the dark side'! :D