PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KelleyC
Wed, May-07-03, 19:30
Hi everyone,
I was at my ideal weight the first of fall then returned to work after an auto accident and with the combination of sitting all day and eating all day (all they do is cook and eat at work), I have really gained weight fast! I tried to start the Atkins' diet about a month ago and made it 1 1/2 days LOL, it seemed impossible with the candy pushers at work. I am now working at home and have total control of what is brought into the house and what I consume and am ready to start tomorrow full force!! With the support of you guys and my best bud Geri (who is the one who told me about this site) I know that I will succeed this time around. This is a truly awesome site!

Kelley

ladybugvv
Wed, May-07-03, 21:35
Welcome aboard! This site has lots of useful info. if you haven't done so already, the "stickies" at the top of each thread are vrery helpful. At least they were for me.

BTW, I know what you mean about sticking to it. This is my fifth (& last) try. I kept making 'deals" with myself like if I only eat this donut, I'll be good for the rest of the day. Didn't work! No cheats, and 8 pounds down.

KelleyC
Thu, May-08-03, 17:15
Thank you so very much for the tips, I need all I can get! :-)
I have done pretty good today, 29 grams of carbs and I worked out for about 40 minutes, 30 minutes of weight training and 10 on the stepper (not to mention all the times I ran up and down the real steps doing things for the kids LOL)!
This is a great site, thanks to the creator of it!
Kelley :roll:

KelleyC
Fri, May-09-03, 19:11
Update for day two!! I have had 9 grams of carbs today and have eaten a good bit of food, more than I normally would, but does this no energy, headache, grouchiness ever go away LOL! I hope this is my worst day, heard that the first two were really bad and I can vouch for that. I think after this diet I will become a vegitarian! Does anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of the headache and fatigue or will it just pass?

Kelley :(