PDA

View Full Version : climbing the hill

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bunner
Wed, May-07-03, 06:12
Hi everyone I am new to the forum, this is also all new to me. I've never done this stuff before. Anyway I am starting Atkins tomorrow (read the book about 5 times, it's brilliant :cheer: ), so thought it would be a good idea to get some support, I searched a lot of carb sites and felt this was the one for me. I am really looking forward to shedding the weight, and feeling good again, so just wanted to sAY HI EVERYONE, and hope to hear from some of you as I start the climb. Wish me luck, :wave: Bunner.

hev
Wed, May-07-03, 06:33
hi bunner i'm new today too. i am from england and also did loads of reading first becuase it is hard to get your head round the whole new way of thinking (i have had trouble trying to explain to family the concept behind the diet). it would be great if we could help each other and keep track of one anothers progress, good luck from hev :roll:

bunner
Wed, May-07-03, 10:22
:hyper: Hi hev, I am glad to hear from you, and would love to chart our progress doing the Atkins plan. I am totally convinced about the plan, and refuse to be swayed by others (who usually haven't even read the book). I've tried everything else so what's to lose by trying this, (weight I hope). Anyway I have a lot of weight to get off, and have to do it. I used to beslim and hate this way of life now. We can do this together , support is definitely what we need. This site seems to have plenty of it too. So hope to hear from you and stick with what you want, Atkins had been doing this stuff for a long time, he knew what he was doing was right for many people. So lets go for it. Bunner. :clap:

hev
Wed, May-07-03, 11:55
hi bunner,
it's cool to hear from you this is a great place do you think because it has an american vibe it seems more friendly? we seem to be a bit stiff upper lip and all that. Where in Scotland are you from? My mum is from Edinburgh but has lived in England all my life. How long have you been "gravity challenged" or fat to you and me?
I've been big for 3 yrs now and really gets me down. By the way if i spell anything wrong forgive me i am rubish at spelling and don't now very much about p.c.'s either.
well hope to speak to you soon, i'm trying to start a journal and we can speak better on there, later Hev
p.s. how old are you? not very important it's just nice to get a mental idea of who you are talking to. :yay:

gotaloseit
Wed, May-07-03, 12:23
Hello,

Thought I'd drop in and say hello and wish you good luck. Stop by my journal for a chat sometime if you need any tips or anything I'd love to help out. Sometimes the first two weeks are the hardest. Its a good thing I dont live in the UK anymore or I'd have a hard time giving up the chips. Good luck to you.

bunner
Wed, May-07-03, 13:25
:daze: Hi Hev, good to hear from you again, i agree this site is very friendly, and the american or canadian vibe thing i too fell it. Anyway i am 38 yrs old, married 19 yrs to an American, no children, love my pets, and am a Psychologist, got my degree last yera and am currently working on my Masters in research methods in psychology, after that i'll do my PhD. I finally decided later on in life what i wanted to be when i grew up (although not quite grown up yet). I started gaining weight very slowly over the past 12 yrs and 6 yrs ago was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (under active thryoid disease). After years of trying to convince Dr's that there was something wrong with me (and not just a fatty who was lazy and stuffing her face) they finally found the problem. Yet i'm still struggling with the weight, i also have other hormonal problems (oh the joys of womanhood) lol, so we have to stick together on this as there are going to be disbelievers who think were harming ourselves. Tell me more about yourself, also i'm 5ft 4in and have bobbed blondish brown hair and used to be a hairdresser and make up artist. I studied this in the US where i lived for 14 yrs, before returning home 8yrs ago. Well i could go on and on but need to get some work done (uni work, yuk) so get back to me, Bye Bunner :wave:

bunner
Wed, May-07-03, 13:31
:roll: Hi gotaloseit, glad to hear from you, i just joined today and will start my voyage tomorrow, how long have you been L,cing? i need all the help i can get, it's such a different approach, but one i can surely get used too, where are you are from? i used to live in the USA for 14 yrs before returning back to Scotland. Thanks again for the support, and wish me lotsa luck, Bunner.
:angel:

hev
Wed, May-07-03, 13:56
Hi bunner it's Hev, I too have hypothyroidism!!!!!!!!!
Mine is passed down through the females in our family, I have only been diagnosed for 2 months so I'm still going for fortnightly blood tests and am currently on 100 microgrammes of thyroxcin.
This diet is supossed to be good for thyroid problems (or so i
have read).
I have been on this site for the best part of today.
In regards to your life success you have been blessed with your accademic achievments (that sounded a bit religious didn't it).
I am 26 going on 60, i have a partner of 9 years and together we have 2 kids 8 yr old boy (Josh), and 3 yr old girl (Rhiannon).
I managed to lose the weight after Josh but not with the last and have got bigger infact i'm bigger now than when I was full term with Rhiannon.
I am also aneamic so i have to take quite a few tabs in the morning, it sounds like I'm ready for the knackers yard (my other half is always threatening to trade me infor a better model) but this has only come on reccently.
I have picked up a lot of good recipes so far,
speak to you soon Hev
p.s. have you found out how to open or start a journal (thats where they like you to keep your ongoing chats apparently)

bunner
Wed, May-07-03, 15:46
:wave: Hi again Hev, i looked into the journal thing and there was some info by a person posted on how to start a journal, i didn't quite understand it though, i'll need to check it out again when i'm more awake, anyway that's quite a coincidence you too suffer from hypothyroidism, i no longer take thyroxine, i was on it for 6yrs and my symptoms remained the same. So i finally found a brillaint Dr, who is private (unfortunately) but i was going mad with my other Dr's who told me i was within the 'normal range' so there was nothing wrong with me. So Dr. Skinner who i see now has been fantastic. I am feeling 100 times better, although still having severe menstrual probs, but i see another Dr for that and i recently started using natural progesterone cream, so waiting to see how that goes. I too had this disease passed onto me from the females on my mothers' side of the family, she too was recently diagnosed. Anyway if you haven't read any books on this i suggest getting Thyroid Power by Dr's Shames and one by Mary Shomon (can't remeber the name of it) she also has the best website for thyroid disorders. I'll get it to you as i don't have it handy, anyway i am off to bed now, the big day starts tomorrow, i can't wait, Bye Bunner. :roll: