PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cheese Steak Butter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MaryToU
Tue, May-06-03, 13:06
Not sure where to post this, so this seemed as good a spot as any!

Blue Cheese Steak Butter

1/2 pound blue cheese, crumbled
3/4 cup softened butter
1 or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
2 to 3 drops Tabasco

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until well blended and smooth.

Roughly 12 Tablespoons, each with 1 gram of carbs, only a trace of fiber.

jerppt
Thu, May-08-03, 18:59
MaryToU

I tried this steak butter tonight and let me tell you it was the best-So much better then steak sauce could ever be
THanks for the post :roll: :roll: :roll:

MaryToU
Thu, May-08-03, 19:12
Let me tell you, it's great on hamburgers too! You no longer have a need for ketchup!

dogeatdog
Mon, Sep-15-03, 08:17
I use Danish Blue Castello as a buttery blue cheese spread on pork chops or steaks. It spreads easily and melts into a great sauce.

solamander
Mon, Sep-15-03, 18:08
I love melting crumbled blue cheese on my steaks and burgers too. Really gives a good flavor

Michael_R
Thu, Oct-09-03, 18:57
Awesome recipe... A new favorite of mine, good job! I keep two bottles in the fridge, one with your original recipe for meats, and one that I replace the butter with mayo and a bit of vinegar and use it as a great salad dressing too!

MyJourney
Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:44
That sounds yummy! I have to try it.

I make something similar

1/4 lb blue cheese
1 Garlic clove crushed in 1-2 tbsp Brandy for 15 min
1/4 c olive oil

Pound the garlic and brandy to a paste, blend in the blue cheese and olive oil.
Grill a thick steak, slice it, spread this mixture over it and put it under the broiler just enough to melt the cheese.

Enjoy

-MJ-