PDA

View Full Version : Armadillo eggs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

deb33
Mon, May-05-03, 20:02
Cut jalapeno peppers in half lenghtwise and take out the seeds. Fill with cream cheese and a piece of cooked grilled chicken. I use precooked chicken fajita meat. Then wrap with bacon, secure with a toothpick and grill or pan fry. You can either use half the pepper and wrap with half a piece of bacon,(you will have more), or use both sides of the pepper and wrap with a whole piece of bacon. Hope y'all like em. :wave:

MrMsgirl
Sat, May-24-03, 14:30
These sound awesome! I'm going to the grocery store tonight, I am definitely picking up some peppers! Thanks a bunch!

Rachel :wave:

jamian
Sat, May-31-03, 17:22
I was intriged and disturbed by the title of this thread, so I had to check it out. Looks delicious! I'll try it.

Jamian

bump
Sat, Aug-30-03, 16:29
Cut jalapeno peppers in half lenghtwise and take out the seeds. Fill with cream cheese and a piece of cooked grilled chicken. I use precooked chicken fajita meat. Then wrap with bacon, secure with a toothpick and grill or pan fry. You can either use half the pepper and wrap with half a piece of bacon,(you will have more), or use both sides of the pepper and wrap with a whole piece of bacon. Hope y'all like em. :wave:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! HOT IS NOT THE WORD FOR THESE THINGS!! HAD TO GIVE THEM TO HUBBY AND HE WAS EVEN CRYING EVERYWHERE. DO YOU SUPPOSE THERE IS ANY WAY TO SOAK THE HEAT OUT OF THEM? I DID TAKE THE SEEDS OUT , BUT , OH BOY ARE THEY ON FIRE!!
NO OFFENSE!!!! I'M SURE THERE WILL BE PEOPLE WHO WILL LOVE THEM.
BUMP

mizholly
Tue, Sep-02-03, 18:24
Hey Bump,

I've heard tell (and actually proved it) that to really "clean up" your jalapenos, you need not only to take the seeds out, but be sure to remove most (all) of the white veins .... then the peppers taste just fine, not really hot at all.

It works for me (and I'm not too terribly fond of burning my mouth out of my head ... :lol: ) so, I hope it works for you!

Have fun, keep some tea handy just in case ... they say that that is the best thing to cool the burn. [I live in the southwest, the urban legends are rampant!]

Ever Onward,

Holly

alaskaman
Fri, Sep-05-03, 23:20
Wow, those really sound great - must give them a try. A belated thought here for Bump - you ARE using fresh jalapenos, are you not? The ones I get here in my produce section are quite mild - but the canned or jarred variety are searing. ????? Bill

want2bfit
Sat, Sep-06-03, 05:08
A slightly different version. Remove all seeds and veins, stuff with cream cheese, wrap each half with half slice of bacon, secure with toothpick. Bake on cookie sheet (with sides) at 350 until bacon is at desired crispyness, about 15 minutes. These are very addictive. They are a wonderful finger food to serve at a party.
Blessings, Maureen

Mizree
Fri, Sep-19-03, 20:29
I love these poppers. A friend at work shared the recipe with me one day. I went home and made some using just cream cheese wrapped with bacon and also some wrapped in sausage. The other day I wanted something with more flavor so I tried this:

Ground chicken ( I use my food processer)
Minced garlic
Finely chopped cilantro & green onions
2-3 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce (look for one with no sugar)

Fill jalapeno halves with some cream cheese and then mold the chicken mix around the whole thing and bake in a 350 degree oven until done.
I wasn't sure about the times so I kept checking them.
Next time I may wrap them with bacon...or place a slice across the top slantwise...

These were Yummmmy!
:sunny:

ian559
Thu, Sep-25-03, 12:50
Poppers
You can do the deep fried version too. Take the peppers. Take out the seeds stuff with cream cheese.
I use 1/4cup fine ground almonds, 1/4cup unflavored soy protein. I add salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayanne pepper to the mix. Make a egg wash dip the peppers in the egg wash the dredge into the dry mix. Pop into the deep fryer (I use peanut oil) and fry till done. YUMMY!!!!!!!!
I do this with zuccini, mushrooms, eggplant, cheese, and other veggies. You can even make your own bloomin onion.
I use soy protien cause of the carb content. Taste is pretty damn good once you get the dry mix spiced up right