PDA

View Full Version : New to the boards

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Debbie46
Mon, May-05-03, 02:29
:wave: Hi to All, I'm an American living in Singapore, 4 years now. Although my life style has become healthier, I still struggle with my weight. I've been watching the posts for a long time trying to work up the motivation to get involved. The time is NOW. I will turn 47 on Thursday and do not want to turn 48 carrying around the excess weight. Most of it is around the middle so I look like someone walking around carrying the proverbial tire around my waist. I plan to get with the program on Monday May 12. I'm putting off my start date to accomodate fasting blood working being done on Thursday for my annual exam.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the accountability and encouragement that I have seen on the posts. You people are AWESOME :D
Debbie

BeccaResRN
Mon, May-05-03, 04:18
Welcome to the forum!!! This is a great place to start lots of info, advice and tons of support!!!!

I really think my involvement on this forum has been instumental to my sucess on this WOL.

Good plan to delay starting until after your bloodwork coming up soon. That way you will have a nice comparison level once you have lost weight and been on Atkins for a while.

Be sure to make sure and plan a trip to the store this week and stock up with plenty of legal foods...

Well take care :wave:

LittleAnne
Tue, May-06-03, 06:55
Hi Debbie

Welcome to this forum. There are a few, but not many members living in Asia.

I echo much of what Rebecca has said. Get ready to go low carb on Monday and clear out the pantry of illegal foods. Make sure you do a good shop and have all that you will need to hand.

I wish you every success. I have found this site a great motivator.

2 Fat
Tue, May-06-03, 22:08
Hi Debbie. Welcome. Did you see the post from newbie Xartemis? She lives in Singapore too!