PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

La dee da
Sun, May-04-03, 16:46
I just wanted to introduce myself, cause that seems to be the thing to do around here. After reading through the site for the past week I have finally got the courage to post something.

I have never dieted before because I have never been unhappy with my weight...however, I have decided to challenge myself to follow the atkins plan out of complete curiosity more than anything, and to look like a fox in my bikini this summer.

My mom has been following the atkins plan for one year and has lost 50+ pds, so she has been dropping hints that I should try it, and now that I have she is delgihted that we can talk "food" together. I find I have to call her a few times a day..."Can I eat this?" or "What did YOU have for dinner?".

So I actually started low carbing last weekend which would make it a week ago, with no slips except popcorn one night, I feel proud of myself more than anything that I can stick to something so well. I have never challenged myself like this before and I'm really excited. I think that if anything it will be an ego booster that I am in complete control of myself, even if no weight comes off.

I don't own a scale and I actually despise them, so my progress will be measured in the way my clothes fit. My mom has a scale at her house and I visit about once every two months, so I can always track that way too...

I am in my last year of university. I will graduate with two degrees in December and hopefully find a teaching position right away. Wish me luck!

Talon
Sun, May-04-03, 18:10
Welcome! :wave:

Even when we reach our goal weights, we will still be on a low carb diet. Not only does this way of eating help us loose weight, it lowers choleserol, and in general makes your body a well running machine.

Scottie
Sun, May-04-03, 18:22
Hey, I too have a low carb mother. I hope it proves a good thing, althuogh she doesnt have a sweet tooth like me. Dont know if i can live without chocolate but my mum promises the cravings will go after a week or two, is this true, do you have a sweet tooth or are you of the savoury persuasion? Dont know whats worse actually ' savoury folk' have to go without crisps and chips i suppose. Best of Luck! :)

La dee da
Sun, May-04-03, 18:36
My one weakness is potatoes, in all shapes and sizes, but I can live without them!