PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm a newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Honeyrose
Sun, May-04-03, 15:41
Hello everyone! I just joined today and just thought I'd introduce myself. I went on the Atkins diet two years ago and lost 20lbs. My down fall was sweets, but for Lent, I completely gave up sweets. And now I'm trying to limit deserts (if I have to have any) to Sundays only.
My biggest accomplishment this year was giving up putting sugar in my coffee. I would take a cup and just pour it right in. Now I only use liquid cream and although I havent yet lost weight (maintained only) I still feel pretty good, so I will NEVER go back to putting sugar in coffee. : :wave:

Talon
Sun, May-04-03, 15:51
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

If you ever think you'd like us to take a look over your menu to see if we see any problem area, please feel free to start a journal and post a typical days menu.

Honeyrose
Sun, May-04-03, 19:48
Thank you Talon, I am still waiting for the journal symbol to appear on my post so I can start my journal. I think that's what I'm suppose to do right? I am really excited about this website as I discovered it by accident! :daze:

downscale
Sun, May-04-03, 21:33
Hi, Honeyrose

You have to start your journal first -- THEN the symbol shows up. It's easy. Just scroll down to the Journals section, pick the one that H is in (H-L?) and hit the green button at the bottom that says Start New Thread. Whatever you put in as the subject of your first post is going to be the Journal's title. When you want to add to your Journal, you add by submitting a reply to yourself -- the same way you would post on someone else's Journal.

Good luck. (I think there is a sticky note about Journals at the start of this section if you have more questions.)