PDA

View Full Version : Hello and I REALLLLYYYYY need support!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sunnyday2
Sun, May-04-03, 12:48
Hello everyone. Here I am trying a new WOE for the Gazillionth time, but now I weigh 200 pounds and it's getting serious. I have done WW in the long ago past somewhat successfully, but gained back everything and then some. I have dabbled with Atkins, PP and CAD over the past year, but would end up cheating and gaining. I am truly humbled now :eek: and I really want to make a change in my life. I am looking for a buddy (buddies) for mutual support and encouragement. I need help! Someone more experienced who has the patience to take a newbie under her wing would be great -- OR -- someone just starting out on the journey like me would be equally great. Please feel free to e-mail me or IM me. I really want to try and change the negative things I've done to myself over the past year and a half. Our family has been through many major stresses over the past year and a half (including several job layoffs) but now the excuses must end and it's time to make a difference. Thanks for reading this and I look forward to hearing from you!

Debbie46
Mon, May-05-03, 02:49
I'm so proud of you for being willing to take on this task. It sounds like many things have gone badly in the past. Aren't you thankful for new beginnings. I will be starting the Atkins diet on Monday. I have been preparing myself mentally for this, which for me right now is the big part of the battle. I have purposefully decided that I WILL SUCCEED. I have decided to be happy and to like myself. Therefore I deserve, and will do so selfishly, all those things that will help me to obtain my goal. It has become very obvious that the way I have been eating has not been making me happy or to even like myself. Therefore it's time to change the way I'm thinking. It's time for me to become the most important person to me. I don't like sitting down and feeling my fat in my lap. So, don't look to your past but look toward your future. You will find some days hard, but know that someone is on the same path as you and desires your success. Remember to THINK POSITIVE.
Debbie :angel:

BeccaResRN
Mon, May-05-03, 04:10
I've been there when I started i didn't weight a lot less than 200 myself. I also have done weight watchers to gaol and gained it back and did Atkins to goal figured I was done and started eating crazy then had another baby so here I am back again...I have really had to change my mentality about low carb eating and really had to realize that this needs to be WOL for me if I plan on maintaining my weight loss

Anyway...I don't consider myself an expert by any means but I have been doing well and I have also been where you were cheating and starting over so feel free to stop by my journal anytime!!! :wave:

sunnyday2
Mon, May-05-03, 10:14
Thanks so much for your support. Well, I made it through one day! This is a big accomplishment for me. I have so much to learn as well. It is so hard getting organized and prepared to eat LC (at least for me). It's tough to have the right snacks in -- it seems that the "bad" stuff is more portable.

I will keep thinking positively and doing what it takes. Although I have just found this meessage board, it has been very inspiring for me. Thank you so much for sharing!

I will keep the thoughts positive and hang in there. I think I will start a journal soon as well (once I figure out how -- I did notice some posts about how to do that).

Wishing everyone a positive day!!!! :heart:

Sis
Mon, May-05-03, 11:37
I'm right with you Sunny. Support from others is so helpful. We're all in this boat together.

Just remember that tomorrow will be here, no matter if you've done well or not. Think of how proud of yourself you will be tomorrow if you've done well today. Or on the other side, think of how you will feel if you don't do so well. That helps me keep on track. I love the feeling of being proud of myself for doing the right thing - FOR ME!

Also, never underestimate the power of a really good steak for breakfast!! :D