PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bebet
Wed, Apr-30-03, 15:57
Hi, my name is Bebet. I've only found this site today which is good because I've become stuck in my diet goals here. Last July I weighed 255 pds. I started working out in the fall briefly and started a new medication for treatment of my bipolar disorder and lost about 20 pds. On March 3rd this year I began the Atkins diet in earnest and began working out again. I walk at least 30 minutes a day (a good cardio workout) and do weight circut training 3 times a week at the Y. I started at 235 and have now weighed 209 for almost 2 weeks. Everyone tells me I've lost alot of weight. My clothes are definately too big, I can see physical changes- I have muscle where I've had flab. I'm happy with that but I need to lose the weight. So I come to this board with questions. I try to eat no more than 20 carbs a day and have been in ketosis since the first week. I feel good, just want to see continued weight loss. Well that's me.

Talon
Wed, Apr-30-03, 17:21
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Look around all the forums, do a few searches - there is a lot of companionship and followship here.

JudeJudy
Thu, May-01-03, 05:23
Hi Bebet :wave:

And Welcome! :D You won't be stuck for long. Don't get discouraged! We can all do this together! there are some great folks here and people that are more then willing to help keep you on track :cheer: You have made some fantastic success allready!
Keep up the good work! that scale WILL moooooooove again! you'll see :D

Maybe starting a journal here might help???- for one thing you can list your foods and menu's there for others to see and comment on.. This I find MOST helpful! sometimes others can catch something maybe you have missed, that you will find helpful in reaching your goal :thup:

Go Girl! Keep up the Good work and ASK those questions!!
Jude :rose:

kathiat40
Thu, May-01-03, 09:01
hi,
brand new to this forum! Started on L/C this week...have done lots of research and think this is best for me...work at home so easy to prepare meals. Just wanting to say hi. Not to sure what the heck I am doing regarding postings etc...lost one pound so far after a gain of 4. This forum is great. :cool: