PDA

View Full Version : Just started Atkins,

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wonderwoma
Tue, Apr-29-03, 12:51
Hi everyone,
I just started Atkins on 4-27-03. I weigh 145 right now and want to lose 10 lbs. I exercise daily and am wondering how long it will take for the weight to come off. I have done low fat diets in the past, but feel out of place with the atkins because I am eating so many foods with a high amount of fat in them. Am I doing this right? How long will it take for the weight to come off. Also, after I lose the weight, can I eat somewhat normal again without worrying about the weight coming back on?

Alina
Tue, Apr-29-03, 12:58
Hi,

honestly I think your body can't lose more weight, you are already very slim. You are taller than me for one thing :)
Atkins WOE will make you eat and be healthy insted of starving on lowfat diets - take advantage of it and enjoy.
Best of luck!
Alina

lkonzelman
Tue, Apr-29-03, 13:13
If I were you and were so close to my goal, I would just concentrate on exercising to change my body.

If you don't feel good about what you are eating and your health, I would try Atkins because I believe it really changes how you feel. Carbs feel awful to your body when you have been off most of them (other then the many healthy veggies we are allowed).
Also, after I lose the weight, can I eat somewhat normal again without worrying about the weight coming back on?

But your weight would come back if you went back to old habits. But can't you really say that about any "diet".