PDA

View Full Version : Newest Low Carber Here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cgfletch73
Tue, Apr-29-03, 08:51
Hello everyone!
I am new here - I just signed up yesterday. I live in the Boston, MA area, and I am getting married in August. I am about 5'8" and weigh, currently, 188. I was 204 in December and low fatted for two and a half months, including gym workouts, and I got down to 194.5. I have been on Atkins for two weeks and I have lost 6.5 pounds! I am really psyched to be here.
My fiance is doing Atkins with me so we can both be slim for our wedding. The problem is, I think I need some support from outside because he is a major carb addict and we both broke down over the weekend and ordered pizza. Resulting in a 3 lb weight gain for both of us!
The weight came off in 3 days following, but it scared me. I really need to keep focused - I have a wedding dress that makes me look like a cake, but it is so beautiful and I need to be down to around 150 by the end of June. I have started jogging as well, and I am dragging my fiance along!
I just wanted some confirmation that there are real live people out there struggling with the same problems I have, and I wanted a place to turn to when I started having cravings so I could get some support to overcome them.
I will take all of the help I can get!

Talon
Tue, Apr-29-03, 09:03
Welcome! :wave:

RE: Live people: <Checking pulse> Yep! :)

We will be here when you need us, there are quite a few of us from all around the world, always someone when you need them.

Good luck!