PDA

View Full Version : vitamin supplement

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mamasita
Tue, Apr-29-03, 07:31
Hi there:(My comment is for NIKI and her lack of energy)
about the supplements,she's right...! (Smuffy) I found a huge difference...
It even helped me with my cravings...
It's worth a try!!!! :wave:
Good Luck!
Mamasita

ahhaba
Fri, Jul-04-03, 13:16
What comment? Whose supplements? Cravings? Are there supplents other then L-Glut that deal with these?

Do tell.

x0

mamasita
Fri, Jul-04-03, 23:34
Hi There:
I take a multi vitamin from Solgar which has helped me very much taking it together with L- glutamine...
But it takes a while till you feel the difference...
It can also be that I was low cal for a long while before low carb... so my body needed it, but it's definitely worth a try...
I don't know how long you've been LCing but from my own experience it took me much more than 2 weeks to get 'detoxed' and even today I have days I totally sin..(with sugar that's my passion) but I go back to Lcing which has brought me many benifits... and I mange no to gain any weight and on my good periods to lose...
Viva Low Carb!!!
Have a good one :wiggle:
Mamasita

ahhaba
Sat, Jul-05-03, 09:33
Hi mamasita (you did'nt used to be on ivillage did you? Anyway, yeppers I def came to LC straight from LF and my God did I suffer for it!! That was about 6 mths ago. Could'nt do Atkins as I felt too low plus gaining. Just re-started on Neanderthin ans altho my energy is'nt to bad my stamina is shot. I've been taking over-the-counter caffeine pick-me-ups to help me to move my butte as if i meant it abit more. I'd prefer vits tho. Is thier a specific name to this multivit as Solars a big company. I don't mind waiting awhile for them to take effect Mamasita as I got the rest of my life for them to kick in ;)

I'm surprised that you still suffer from cravings if you've been on lc awhile. Are you 200% sure that its not s/thing thats affecting you adversely? I find that if I leave ANYTHING in the fridge, open that is, for more then a night and a day, I find eating it sets me off. Find onions do the same thing plus going over 20g carbs a day regularly. But anyhoo, cheers for the tip. I'll try them today

x
PS You do look very lovely BTW, not just thin!

mamasita
Sat, Jul-05-03, 22:43
It's called "FORMULA VM-75- you should get them iron free (maybe)
Thnks for the compliment,you just made my day!!!
My problem sticking to the "diet " is during TOM, so every month it's different, there's good ones and bad ones...otherwise in very good, and because I'm also very near my goal, and I work out a lot... I try not to be so obsessive...
So what about you? Neanderthin (BTW I think is great) and working out? what else do you do?
Let me know and we'll catch up later..
Have a good one,
M

ahhaba
Sun, Jul-06-03, 05:54
Thanks for the vm-75 mamasita, I'll go by my vit site later today and will post once I 'feel' something ;)

TOMs are like that its true but its good that you know what sets you off and keep working at it, its the only way to keep yourself in shape. My sister is 7 years older then me, has exercised since forever, today at 52 she looks the bomb and I really do mean the bomb. I don't know how long you've been into this WOL mamasita or/and exercise but there are so many cr~ppy things out there today I'd say being obsessive about our health & figures is way O.Ker y'know? (I feel abit of a fraud talking about 'figures' at my current weight <grin>) Altho 'experts' today are tending to say that too much is'nt good.

I tend to take thier latest research on exercise to the other extreme and don't do much. I joined a gym last month, induction, and worked my way up to exercising with weights then I stopped going. I intend to restart once work lightens up. I know its the only way to really get into a healthy WOL.

I love Neanderthin too as I don't much like the taste of processed stuff anyways. I'm getting pretty experimental in the kitchen which means I'm trying s/thing other then roasting ;) I'm also a slow loser after a lifetime of LF. This 2nd week on NT has been v.much a learning curve for me plus pre-menstrual, I'm going to really go all out from Monday to see a better loss next week. Now that I've said this here I feel comitted!!

So thanks mamasita for reminding me about exercise. I'll keep you posted about that too, infact I've worked up a tiny bit of eagerness for it wouldja believe?!

Abit later
x