PDA

View Full Version : Where are the calories coming from?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bookgurl99
Tue, Apr-29-03, 07:16
I've tried coming up with low carb meal plans in preparation for beginning TSP this coming week. However, they are coming out to about 1000 calories/day. This is _definitely_ not enough. Where do the calories come from? How does one get up to, say, 1600 cals/day?

caverjen
Tue, Apr-29-03, 07:24
Make sure you're adding enough fat.

Jen

Sunski
Tue, Apr-29-03, 11:26
Definitely the fat. Fat has more than twice the calories of carbs or protein per gram.

I add 1 tablespoon of butter to my 1/3 cup (measured dry) of oatmeal in the morning, and the butter has as many calories as the oatmeal. Don't skimp on the oil & vinegar dressing on your salads, either. And nuts for snacks -- I think they're practically the perfect food.

bookgurl99
Wed, Apr-30-03, 23:07
Of _course_, I knew I was forgetting something. Hee hee. I think I'm just so used to _not_ eating fat that it didn't even occur to me.

:p