PDA

View Full Version : Starting over

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dimilli
Sun, Apr-27-03, 20:55
Hello,

I have been part of this board before but never posted very much. Just thought that I would let people know I was here again and that I have to start over.

I really blew it this time. I got lax first because I had so much pressure on me and almost no support. I am living with my daughter and her husband and while sympathetic they weren't going to change their eating so I eventually stopped trying to eat strictly.

To make a long, pretty predictable story short---I blew off about two years of my lowcarb lifestyle to enter yo-yo land again. I haven't gained all my weight back yet but I have to stop now and begin again. I will need some real talking to do it I think.

I will post this in the newbie section although I am pretty experienced, have read all the literature, et. al and do "know" what I have to do. Knowing and doing are two different things. I just feel lots of failure at this point and can't figure out where to jump back into the WOL that once gave me a lot of hope.

I had stalled out pretty bad and I also kept running into information that the older you got the less likely that you would lose without superhuman effort. There seemed to be a combination of things that spelled danger even before I finally went off.

Basically, I am afraid to go to a completely Newbie mode because I need advice from some folks who have been in this particular rut. I do know how to do this but its not working for me to just talk to myself. I want to have some conversation with others that are in the same boat with me. That would be my best hope for posting this. I am not ashamed to start all over again, but I don't want to pretend I do not know the basics. It wasn't a lack of knowledge that got me to this point. So, I need to make some commitments. Anyone want to give me a "hand," so to speak? Thank you

Dimilli

:thup:

Karen
Mon, Apr-28-03, 01:38
Welcome back dimilli!

You're right, there's no shame in starting again. It would be shameful not to!

You do have experience, so what about getting support through giving it? It can help to firm your resolve in a really good way. You might also want to check out the Buddy Up! forum to search out a one-on-one partner.

Karen