PDA

View Full Version : new to this forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

knappfarm
Sun, Apr-27-03, 16:55
Hi everyone,
I have been doing Atkins this time for 3 months or so. I lost 40 plus pounds on it last year, then I messed up on food choices on vacation, and instead of getting back on induction, I was really discouraged, and gave up. I have always had to struggle with my weight. This time, I am doing well, not losing very fast, but still losing. I am finally able to excercise, and I know that will help a lot. This last time when I was reading one of Atkins books, I read the part that said that one sign of diabetes that you will see for many years before you notice it, is extreme thirst. When I am not on Atkins, I can drink water until I feel like getting sick, and still be thirsty. So I have decided that this is the way I am going to eat for the rest of my life. Diabetes and heart disease run in my family, and from the research that I have done, Low Carb seems to be the answer. The really great thing is that there are so many resources out there, and that low carb is great as far as diets go. I just have to be careful not to eat too much, even the legal foods. I am a sugar nut, and it isgreat to eat chocolate french silk pie with only about 3 carbs per 1/8 of a pie (without crust). Not to mention that the cheesecake is great. This time I am really making the lifestyle changes neccesary for permanent change, and I know that this is for me.

Alina
Mon, Apr-28-03, 03:41
This time I am really making the lifestyle changes neccesary for permanent change, and I know that this is for me.

Good for you! Welcome to the forum.
Once you have really decided for yourself to to this - the hardest part is over. Motivation is the most important thing, next comes information. Speaking of which - please check out my links below ;)
Best of luck to you!
Alina