PDA

View Full Version : Starting again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Merritt
Sat, Apr-26-03, 11:12
I started the Dr. Atkins program again yesterday. I am just looking for some support and friendship thru it all. It always seems hard to start over but I know this works, it did before. Night seems to be the hardest time for me, any suggestions? I always want to eat to calm down from my day. Anyone else like that? :daze:

zoochef
Sat, Apr-26-03, 11:20
Hi Merritt,

I used to be that way, using food to calm down. I have found that having something to keep my mind occupied, reading or doing something to keep my hands busy is a big help.

Also, almost forgot, I found that after being on induction, I didn't have any cravings, or was hungry between meals. If you check some other people's journals, you will see this is very common. Be sure to read the Atkins Diet Plan or the Atkins Diet Revolution, it will explain that process far better than I am able to explain it.
At this point I only know that now I eat to live instead of living to eat.

Don't know if that's any help. Feel free to stop by my journal anytime. We're here to support each other. Hope you can connect with Alina or Rosebud. They are both very helpful and supportive. This is a great web site and everyone is very supportive. Hang in there. It will all start to fall in place in a couple of days.

Kristine
Sat, Apr-26-03, 17:48
Hello and welcome! :wave: I love your sig. :lol:

I know what you mean about the eating to calm down thing. :( It's nice to be satisfied on small amounts of food, but it's hard to get used to not snacking. Snacking is practically a sport here in North American, isn't it? :lol:

I've made an internal list of things to do when I catch myself wanting to snack out of anxiety, bordom, etc. Make a pot of (decaf) tea or coffee, go read a book, play solitaire on the computer, hit this forum... ;) stuff like that. So I guess you could say "distraction" is my usual tactic.

Anyway, best o' luck!

Alina
Sun, Apr-27-03, 10:41
Hi and welcome!!!

You will find lots of support here! Why don't you start a journal so we can keep in touch with you? Here is how to do it. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?threadid=34155)
Also, check out my links below, they might help.
I also used to eat in the evening and at night. Make sure you get a meal with lots of good protein and fat for dinner, it did help me. I eat my last meal 19.00 at latest.
Hope to see you soon!
Alina

zoochef
Wed, Apr-30-03, 05:02
Hi Merritt,

Just stopped by to see how you are getting along. How is induction going for you? Just remember we are here to support and help you.