PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Brand New at This...Tried everything else!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nayner
Thu, Apr-24-03, 19:46
Hi everyone! It's nice to have a forum like this. I just began yesterday and I love the food. Seriously, I've tried and tried everything from Liquid Diets, to Jenny to WW to LA you name it, I've bought it. Nothing has worked for too long. I noticed that when I started LA the first 3 days they put us on a low carb "induction" phase and it truly worked. I always lost like 10 pounds in 3 days when I did that...but then when you go back to normal "dieting" it all came back.

I know that there has been tremendous weight losses with Atkins and I am excited to be on it. However, I feel so sluggish! I know this is only day 2 and I read that it is possible to feel this way at first but man....I've wanted to go to bed 4 hours ago and it's only 9:30pm! My energy level is shot and without being distasteful, my "movements" are extremely loose...sometimes I have to quickly jump up and run!

Is this normal? Will it stop? lol

Also, I'm flabbergasted that eating sausage and eggs for breakfast, bacon cheeseburger (without the bun) for lunch and steak and shrimp cooked in butter, (all with small salads of course) will actually make me lose weight?

When I described this to my dad he called me a lunatic! :daze:

But anyways, I'm going to stick it out and see!

tara.e
Thu, Apr-24-03, 20:56
Hello,

I was extremely tired for the first week. I also had very nasty headaches. I read somewhere that it has to do with your body needing to create the appropriate enzymes to deal with the different food intake.

Anyway, for me it went away after about six or seven days. The amazing thing is, after it went away, I felt really energetic. I don't know if you have kids, but in the second trimester of pregnancy a lot of women get an amazing energy boost. This is kind of what I feel like now. Or like when you are still 16 and you wake up in the morning and want to jump out of bed. I've never had a change in diet affect my energy level before so I was pretty surprised.

Cheers,
Tara

pegva
Fri, Apr-25-03, 07:47
It's Carb withdrawal and it's completely normal... and completely temporary.

Mine went away in 3 days... some take longer.

But when it's gone, you will feel GOOD!

Welcome aboard!!