PDA

View Full Version : Changed my life and came back!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

indigogirl
Thu, Apr-24-03, 14:00
Hi everyone,

I joined a year ago and almost immediately fell off the wagon. It's hard to be a working mother of 2 busy kids and to continue to try and find time to take care of myself.

Sooooo..... I took the plunge and got a year's leave of absence from work (unpaid and I am sooo lucky that my husband supports me in my goals!). I am back and feeling really re-energized.

One other thing I did that I think will help me especially at the beginning is that I joined ediets.com (costs $5 US week - you have to pay for 10 weeks or something but can cancel and get refunded if you're not happy.) (I am not affiliated in any way with ediets etc - just telling you about what I am following.) Ediets has done up a meal plan following the Atkins Plan (they also have the Zone diet option that you can sign up for). So I get the weekly meal plan with a grocery list and I can make changes to either to suit my schedule. They walk you through induction and help you make the switch to ongoing weight loss and then they adjust the food plan for that. So far I wouldn't suggest signing up unless you do have the time to prepare some recipes - none of them are complicated recipes but there is cooking involved!

I plan to follow their plan strictly for 2 weeks (I am on day 4 and doing fine) and then see how I am liking it. I also will doublecheck the calorie and fat counts myself just so I have some idea of what I am eating.

I'm really happy to be back and look forward to participating again!

lkonzelman
Thu, Apr-24-03, 14:19
It is up to you but that is how I use my journal. I put in my daily menus and thoughts and have a wonderful support system here on the forum.

I find offering advice even more beneficial sometimes because it keeps me motivated and focused.

Here are induction allowed foods (http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html) to help keep you on track.

Welcome!