PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tlmarshall
Wed, Apr-23-03, 17:59
Thanks to you all for being here and putting some really great information together! I know it will be a great resource for me during my re-adventure.

I went down the low-carb road a few years ago with great success but due to my own stupidity I have let the carb-demons take over.

I am committing to "the program" - (putting that in writing sure helps!)

Looking forward to "meeting" you all and learning from your wisdom.

Iowagirl
Wed, Apr-23-03, 18:13
Putting it in writing certainly does increase one's level of comittment.

Welcome and keep posting!!

tlmarshall
Wed, Apr-23-03, 20:54
I did a bit of surfing around the site and noticed that a few people recommended the journal keeping.

Looking forward to my journey!

gotaloseit
Wed, Apr-23-03, 21:16
Just stopped by to say hello and welcome. This is a great place for support. Stop by my journal and take a look if you'd like........might help you get yours started.

tlmarshall
Thu, Apr-24-03, 13:32
I am really impressed by the sincerity of the people here - thank you for suggesting your journal. I did manage to get myself set up on Fitday.com - a REALLY COOL site!

Thanks again - I look forward to chatting with you again. By the way - great job on your progress!

lkonzelman
Thu, Apr-24-03, 13:33
Think about the journal thing... I have found that posting my food daily has made me very accountable and people come and visit and offer support too.

gotaloseit
Thu, Apr-24-03, 15:31
Hi,

There is a group of us who weigh in on Fridays together if you'd like to join us we'd be happy to have you. How are you finding the LC so far?? Have you had any cravings? Some people have major cravings, my biggest was getting over having toast for breakfast. Talk to you soon.

tlmarshall
Thu, Apr-24-03, 23:28
WOW! this is feeling great - I would love to join you guys weekly. Only one problem I don't have a set of scales at home yet. Plan on getting on weekend. I should have weighed myself at start of this week at the gym.....I will commit to next Friday if that's okay. Just tell me where to go!