PDA

View Full Version : Human beings require balance...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kingwood
Tue, Apr-22-03, 07:18
Whether we are talking about a relationship with people or a relationship with food, both require balance in order to be healthy. When one is giving too much or taking too much emotionally a relationship will suffer. When one is starving themselves or gorging themselves they will suffer. In so many posts, including my own what I see at the root is a lack of balance.

So is there a connection between us overeating, with us being "overly" in our human relationships too? Look at how many of us are giving too much in our relationships to the point of causing ourselves to suffer. How many of us go to extremes taking care of others rather than living life in the middle zone of give and take? No relationship should require that one or other become a human sacrafice. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm beginning to see that I am able to stay faithful to my food plan as long as I'm able to stay faithful to taking care of me. When I begin getting out of balance, giving too much of me to others, taking on more than my share of responsiblity, that is when my thoughts go to sabatoging all my intentions to eat right and lose weight. Does anyone else see that pattern?

kaznz
Fri, Apr-25-03, 01:02
Absolutely............ It's very emotional with me. I can be upset, happy, probably afew other things. But it's cruel, because it sabotages the important woe. I can't get on top of it. If anyone has any ideas, please reply!!

Greenwings
Thu, May-15-03, 07:01
You've brought up a very good point. People will often say, very casually, "you've gotta take care of yourself...", but sometimes it goes in one ear and out the other...because there are so many forces in life that demand that we "perform" to prove our worth. It seems like everything is based on how much we DO...and our kids learn this from the earliest age...

For example, in my case...I am raising kids, taking care of a huge home and yard, pets, husband, business...and last of all...myself. My ill and aging Mother cannot understand why SHE is not my first priority! Sorry, Mom, but there just isn't enough of me left over. The only thing I have to sacrifice is my personal care time (exercise would be the first thing to go). If I sink any lower than I already am, then I am no good to anybody!