PDA

View Full Version : Just Getting Started

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TBird710
Tue, Apr-22-03, 07:04
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I just started last week. I have already lost 2 pound and 4 inches :p I must say, I love this site. I found it last week looking for recipes and WOW I have found alot and used quite a few already. Well, just wanted to say hi, so HI :wave:

Iowagirl
Tue, Apr-22-03, 08:21
Welcome! May I recommend the deep dish pizza quiche? :yum: Nice that you and the bf are doing this together - good luck to the both of you!

DWRolfe
Tue, Apr-22-03, 08:43
Welcome to the forum, Teri!

I think you’ll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community. I know it’s a lifeline for me…

Have fun navigating around the site. You’ll find things well organized and links to a wealth of information.

Good luck to you both!

Donald :wave:

TBird710
Wed, Apr-23-03, 05:24
:D Thanks for the welcome! Pizza Quiche? sounds yummy. BF was craving sweets last night so I made root beer floats....definitely a keeper.

Iowagirl
Wed, Apr-23-03, 09:02
Yes - DW's infamous creation - deep dish pizza quiche (I should be getting some kind of kick back for this, Donald) - it is to die for! Very easy, too.

How goes the second week?

Galadriell
Wed, Apr-23-03, 09:25
Congrat and good luck to both of you. It is much easier to do this new WOL with a supporting partner. How about starting an exercise program with him too?

TBird710
Wed, Apr-23-03, 12:12
Week 2 is going good so far. Just feeling puffy all over, that time you know. Just made some great ham salad with Easter leftovers. The ham and spinach bake is really great too. Only serious prob so far is that I love to cook and to bake. :( No fresh bread, no cookies, pies or cakes. Oh well.........