Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 08:50

Plan: CKD
Stats: 122/118/113
BF:16.6
Progress: 44%
Talking

Hiya Angel! So you work for the enemy. How long have you been there? It's been almost 3 years for me. I keep trying to get transferred to a warmer region, but they don't have anything open. Bummer!

How are you doing with your diet? I have six more weeks to do this and then I switch to a different diet. I did it before and lost weight, but am losing it much quicker on CKD.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 11:00

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Cptkirk you are right not far. We have eaten at the Outer Banks and love it. It has such nice atmoshpere.

The Sportsman club is very nice. There is the shooting range, fishing and camping.

My husband was a director for 8 years or so and took care of the campground. This is the first year we have not been involved. It is a beautiful setting and most of the people are very nice but there are always a few who are not so nice.

Good luck with your garden. I have littel green onions trying to shove through the soil. I love to watch a garden grow. We have not had one for so long, been too involved with the club.

Have a good day,

Windy
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 20:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

heather_sc
I have been at Country for a year. I like it, as much as you can like a job I guess! The diet is going pretty good. I started Atkins like the end of March and have lost 15 pounds to date! I will be going on vacation with family next month and hope to look a lot lighter then. I actually like this diet. I still have some weight to go to reach my goal, but I know I'll get there.

cptkirk-

That's crazy that the power went out and what you had to go through! I stayed in Hamilton a year and a year in Dunn-before I got the heck outta the dorms! They were not fun! I could tell you some stories!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 21:06
Registered Member

Stats: 235/225/190
BF:
Progress: 22%

Windy, any ideas as to who I might contact about joining the club? I drove out the last weekend but could find no info and no one to talk to. Looking forward to the garden this year, AND the warm weather.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 19:11

BF:

Cptkirk I will give you a couple of numbers and names to get a hold of.

Earl Welch 863-2006

Chuck Chesnut 582-2205

Kerry Butler 867-2566

These fella should be able to help you out. You can tell them that Linda Schwartz gave you the numbers.

Good luck, it is a beautiful club as I am sure have seen since you drove through

Have a good evening,

Windy
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 20:23

Plan: Atkins/CAD/Now?
Stats: 216/210.5/110?? Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

I'm further south... down here near St Louis
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 11:32

Hey Angel. I agree, you can only like a job so much. For me, it pays the bills. That's about all.

Have you been lifting weights at all? Weight training is sooooo good for you. Not only will it help you lose weight faster, but you feel so much better too.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 20:04

BF:

No weights. Just my own exercise routine. I walk, do sit ups and other calisthenics like that. I used to lift weights in college but currently don't have a way to right now.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 06:42

Angel, if you are interested, I've been looking for someone to lift with. Right now I'm doing it by myself. I go to the YWCA. It's nice, there aren't very many people there so you don't have to fight for equipment. I'm usually in and out in about an hour. Let me know if you are interested. Later!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 13:44
Registered Member

Plan: Healthpointe Lean for Life
Stats: 193/165.5/128 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Talking Welcome Stacy!

Hey Stacy, welcome to the crew! Looks like I may be the closest one to you... I'm in Springfield
  #26   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 19:14

BF:

heather_sc

Thanks for the invite! I actually just signed up at Four Seasons. I have a discount from work. The only time I can go is in the morning or early afternoon. I work second shift and don't get home until midnight. I hate going when it is crowded but because of my schedule maybe I'll be in luck. We'll see I hope I can motivate myself to go!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 15:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/196/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

I grew up in Farmer City, Il. I went to Menonite hospital school of nursing and lived in bloomington while attending. Now Menonite is Bromen, I guess. I moved to Arizona 25 years ago to keep my car out of the ditch in winters. LOL. Avanti's Italian food.....Is it still there? Not that I could eat anything there anymore.

Nanci
  #28   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 15:54
Registered Member

Plan: Healthpointe Lean for Life
Stats: 193/165.5/128 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Ooooh Avanti's...Heaven in a dish. And cheap too! Yes it's still here and I avoid it at all costs!
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 09:29

Stats: 192/187/160 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress:
Smile product in the area?

Hi guys,

I'm living in Champaign right now, and I was wondering if you guys found a place with Atkins products? They don't seem to have very much at Wal-mart or Meijer's. Any other place you find 'em?

Thanks!
Kristen
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 09:42

BF:

Kristin the GNC store at Market Place has several things, bread mixes, breakfast bars, muffin mixes, pancake mixes.

County Market on Kirby Ave. has several things also plus the Atkins flavored syrups. I like the Log Cabin Sugar Free pancake syrup better than Atkins.

Have a good day,

Windy