Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:51

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%

Welcome Wannabeskinny!!!

Merrymash- To put an icon on above your stats go to your profile at the top of the screen adn click edit profile. I don't remember the rest but it will tell you!

Motivation
...hmmm....well...I haven't been very motivating. Actually I 've just been bithchin lately, but I think it's out of my system for now (thanks Mnickle)
I still think we should all set a weekly goal. It would make this easier since we'd be taking baby steps together.

Loving It- I love Victoria's Secret. I just got 3 shirts but I think I'm going to return them and get a bikini. I'll try and put a lpicture of it here.

Good job resisting carby foods Carrie!! Are you a dancer??

Okay girls, we're doing great!! I think I'm going to exercise when I get home from school today. Then tonight Smallville is on!! YAY!!! I'm such a dork! lol I always watch Smallville and have yougrt sweetened with stevia. Its my healthy little treat to myself! I love superman he's so hot. *sigh*
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:58

Okay, here's the bikini I'm getting when I get to goal. What do you guys think?? It's got an underwire top and a little padding (heehee) I might get it in white. Do you think it would be see through when it got wet? That would be dumb.

#63   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:58

LOL It looks like Bob DYlan is checking out the bikini model!!!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%

Oy!! Sorry I didn't write for so long (everyone wants comp time!!)

Well, I weighed myself yesturday and:

DOWN TO 190!!!!! WO0!!!!

My goal at the moment is to be AT MOST 175 by June 20th...

So after realising how much weight I lost...I REWARDED MYSELF WITH CARBS!!! GAHHHHHH!!!!! 2 chocolate covered graham cookies, 5 bites rice pudding, 2 bites of hashbrowns....

I need to boot that habit!! But I've gotten over feeling guilty about it and today's a new day

Let's see, about myself: I'm 19 (yes, a youngin') engaged to my lovely brit boy for about...well, almost a year anyway. We've been dating 2 years come september.

I asked HIM to marry ME...and I'm terrible with dates...so I can't remember exactly when that was (oops!) Some time last June, I know that much

EEK, just looked at the time!! Have to leave for work in 20 minutes and I'm still in my PJ's *L*

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE!!!!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%

And I think a white bikini would be LOVELY

I wish I were ready for that step

And they usually have some sort of lining to them, so I think you'd be safe.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 14:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/127.5/115.0
BF:
Progress: 10%

THE BIKINI IS HOT! Way to go Kaela - that's a great score.

I am not weighing in until Friday - so I'll let you guys know how it goes!

#67   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:11

Stats: 165/156/125
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hello all,

That is a lovely swimsuit - i DONT think it would be see through when wet though I spotted one that I really want at the mall the other day , at the La Vie En Rose lingerie store. It was white with red cherries on it. The cutest thing ever. But I think its tooo cute for me, Id rather have something like the one that Kaela likes.

Kaela, I am not a dancer in the ballet/jazz sense, but I do ballroom dancing and latin style dancing in my free time. It would be nice to look good enough to hit the clubs sometime and dance there instead of just at home, school and weddings sometimes.

Keep up the work ladies (and gents if there are any here not so sure .... ), I dont have a scale with me in residence and havent been to the gym in a while, so i cant really weight in. Hopefully, I will have a nice surprise when I get home in ten days from now.

PS: I am just bombing my exams .... I really hope I can pass everything so I dont have to repeat courses. University sure is tough ... *complain complain complain*
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 16:50

Talking

Hello Ladies!!!

It was beautiful today!!
I just finished the treadmill and I have a lot of studying to do but I wanted to post first! And then tonight I have a dat with superman!! (Smallville on WB) *sigh* his hotness is so...super!!! hahah I'm funny

JuneBride- Congratulations on the loss!! You're doing awesome! I'm sure you'l be at or below 175 by June 20th.

StarDancer- I've been thinking about taking some sort of Latin dance class. I've taken Modern dance before. How long have you been dancing?? Dont' wait until you think you look "good enuf" to go out to a club! You're beautiful right now and even more beautiful when you are dancing and having fun so do it now!! (This is the same advice I got earlier today )

Okay ladies, I'm gonna hit the books now. Bye
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 00:04

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 180/~~/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Hey ya'll

What's up, girls!!!!

How's everybody doing? Seems like everyone else is kickin' a** except for me . I have not worked out at all, and I still haven't started my journal. Classes have kept my head these last few weeks, but I will make no more excuses!!! I will work out tomorrow as the bikini club is my witness!!

Now that that bit of hysteria is out, I am glad to see all you guys meeting your goals head on. Exercise is the most vital part of this program as much as I hate to do.

Junebride, congrats on the upcoming nups and the downgoing weight, you will look smashing.

Kaela, I am soooo happy to see that you are feeling better .

I will tell you guys about my weight loss when i have a bit more time. It's kinda late and i have to get up way too early in the morning.

Until then, take care

Grace
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:25

BF:

Hi girls,

To answer Kaela's question , Ive been dancing ballroom and latin for about 2 years now, I started off by taking classes at the local community centre, and now just practice whenever I can. I guess its something you learn fast and it stays with you, although I would like to take some advanced classes now to learn some more moves, and maybe I will head out to the clubs sooner than I thought

2bfree, I cant wait to hear your story on weight loss, it will definitely be a motivation to me and the rest of us

Exams have got me in a bit of a time bind, so here I go, I'll post again tomorrow.

Take care, and eat right, ..... July is just around the bend !

Carrie
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:32

Plan: Atkins' Low Carb~Induction
Stats: 212.5/204/155 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

hey everyone. I know it's been a long time but I haven't really done anything worth while. Everything is same ole same ole....I haven't really been on the computer for fun.....busy with reports. I am so stressed out right now. The money I'm supposed to get friom the VA hasn't come in yet and all these papers are driving me insane! But hey I better get used to it since I'm majoring in communications which means mucho mucho writing. Oh well, I'll keep yall posted. Bye!

Sara
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 13:48

Stats: 128/128/107
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Would love to join your group!

Hey! I'm new here, and I would love to join this challenge. I want to weight around 110 by June. I hope I can do this! I cheated today, and ate a bunch of Carbo.'s. Gosh...I'm really not good at this! How do you all do it?! It's so hard b/c I don't eat red meat, and I guess you could say I am a pretty picky eater. Any good snack ideas? Thanks!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 14:58

BF:

Hello ladies,

Sarabeth, sorry to hear you are having a hard time with papers, I am roughing it a little with final exams at this time as well. Good luck with that

Peachpit, welcome to our little "bikini club" ! We are all in this thing together, and you will find much support here, from many fabulous ladies

Dont worry, I used to cheat a lot too, until I found motivation not to right here in our little circle.

I dont like red meat either, so I just stick to chicken and have the other stuff once in a while, when its prepared good.

Here are some other snack ideas, and you can choose to eat these things if you are on Atkins and find that they dont "stall" your weight loss". Some foods can in certain people, and i marked those with an *.

My personal snack favorites :

(1) cheese cubes (not too many in one day, and you should pick the fattier cheeses) *
(2) sugar free jello *
(3) ham roll ups, or other non processed cold cuts
(4) chicken pieces, they are even good cold
(5) chicken wings, made without sugary sauces, no barbecue sauce. these are delicious if you bake them crispy in the oven with herbs
(6) spoonful of peanut butter *(be careful about eating too much of this, especially when on induction)
(7) tuna, straight from the can, or with some regular mayo mixed in.
(8) chicken chicken and more chicken for chicken !!!
(9) sausages or weiners (once again, the processed ones contain carbs and nitrites which can hinder weight loss)

Good luck with reaching your goal. We are here for you if you need us

Carrie
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 16:30

Stats: 128/128/107
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Weight Loss question

[/FONT] Hey! I've been looking at all of your stats. Wow.. you are all doing so well. I see that you are all seeing a lot of success going LC. How much weight did you all lose in your first 2 weeks? I am not doing induction b/c I only need to lose about 15 pounds, and since I'm so active I think it might now be healthy. I'm just staying around 60g carb./day. How much weight should I expect to lose in 2 weeks? Thanks everyone for your support, and best of luck! By the way.. I think that bikini in white would be so cute, and not at all see through. The material seems to be of a good quality!
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 17:09

Cool 85* degrees today

Hello Ladies!!! How is everyone doing?? Sounds like there is a lot of school related stress going around, I hope it's not contagious! Don't worry 2befree, Carrie and Sara it'll be over before you know it. And then here comes the sun!! And free time!!

PeachPit- I'm not sure how much I lost my first week. I had a lot of "first" weeks since I cheated so much!! I've heard something like 5% of the weight you have to lose will be lost your first week. But I think it's different for everyone.

Okay, I have to call my friend. I'm watching her kid for her and there was a missunderstanding and now she's paying me less than 6$ an hour!!!! That's nothing! I feel a little awkward talking to her about it b/c she's my friend (she's 28) but it really is ridiculous. I have to drive like an hour to get home everyday form her house. Most nannies charge $10-12. How much should I ask for??

Okay, I'm going to go do some Algebra and Astronomy.