Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 21:12
Registered Member

Plan: my own plan, Atkins
Stats: 127/117/110 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Jazbar,
I think I'm going to cheat a little this coming Saturday and see if it helps me at all. I'm hoping for the best, and hoping I can be strong.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 21:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I cheated on a weekend getaway, and indeed I lost more weight the following week than the week before. I never got a gain, although I expected one.

Menu was a Coke, lasagna, garlic bread, and a slice of frozen apple pie. I am not sure I'd take it as gospel that this works, but it seemed to do me some good. It may be that the turtle beats the hare, and I'm staying in turtle mode from here on out.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 09:56

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

I did wonder why I'd lost two pounds after a weekend away back in September when I cheated with a huge pie, steak and fries, two cocktails and apple pie for dessert. I hadn't heard of refeeding then and am wondering if this is what happened. Had to weigh myself three times b4 I believed the scales. Have not really lost much weight in the last month and MIGHT try this!!!
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 13:39

Stats: 190/169/150 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsestili
Thanks Jazbar,
I think I'm going to cheat a little this coming Saturday and see if it helps me at all. I'm hoping for the best, and hoping I can be strong.

Kewl Insestili, I can't wait to here how you make out!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 10:29
Registered Member

Plan: my own plan, Atkins
Stats: 127/117/110 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:

ok, so I don't have any good news to report unfortunately. I had a high carb day on Saturday and it's Wed. now, and I haven't lost a lb. In fact, the scale says that I weigh 3 more. It is that TOM, but that normally doesn't matter with me. Maybe it's b/c my body is so out of wack. I've gained 10 lbs. in 2 months, and I can't seem to take off a lb. no matter what I do. Someone suggested to me that I am eating too low carb and that my body thinks it's starving so it's conserving every little bit of food as fat. This person suggested that I try 30 carbs a day. Anyone have any advice?
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 18:28

BF:

Insestili,
Looking at your stats...you don't have
far to go to get where you want to be. I hear it gets harder to loose as you get closer to your goal weight. If that's not the case then are you exercising?
Or how about just drop the diet all together, 117lbs???
Doesn't sound to me like you need to loose weight.
How tall are you?
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 07:36

Plan: Atkins (started Sunday, N
Stats: 230/212/170 Female 64"
BF:HA-HA-HA
Progress: 30%

I really don't think there is anyway I could bring my self to do the whole refeed process..When I started Atkins I had the worst 4-5 days of withdrawals...I had caffiene headaches, vomiting, I felt so horrible and I told my self after I made it past that feeling that I never want to go through that again...I just think I would be to paronoid about feeling that ugh again...My aunt did this WOL for about 2 years and got off of it but she said she would do something like this every now and then but what she did was stayed on induction and once every 2 weeks she would splurge on fruit and that was it and she said she would lose a few lbs within a day or 2...Well I am planning on stayin on induction for a while and I have splurged on half on an orange and I lost 1lb next day and have been losing 1lb a day for the he past 4 days..I don't know for sure that this works but I will probably try it a couple more times later on to see how it works for me because there is noway I will drink coke or eat bread again...not with the way it made me feel when I quit...I will let you all know if I do the fruit thing again and if it works but as of now I am losing at a fast rate so I will not do it unless I go 1-2 weeks with no loss...Well bye for now.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 23:25
Registered Member

Stats: 194/140/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Talk about a light going on over your head! I've been stalled for months now, and I couldn't understand why suddenly after having such success I'm starving! After I read the first link it seems like maybe I can get things moving again with a refeed! I have to admit it sounds a lot more appetizing than a Fat Flush I'm going to give it a try this weekend and see if I get things moving again.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 23:30

Plan: Atkins plan
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question I need some advice. I have been really good, but I've stopped dropping lbs.!

Is it normal after about a month to suddenly stop losing? I've been pretty good, one or two small indiscretions and I have stopped losing.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 23:37

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268.4/207.9/154 Female 160cm
BF:

yes it is walshworld,,, especially when you have only a little to lose (like you),,they say the last 10lb is the hardest,,, keep up the great work,,,maybe get yourself started a journal and get some buddies who are in the same boat,, journals are great fun and very useful keeping people motivated and finding new tips and ideas from others too,,
good luck,,,, keep trying
All the best
Rachael
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 00:30

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

sometimes you need to "shock the system"

but I dont know if this works for everyone, however
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: zone, aitkins
Stats: 145/135/118 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Isnt the cycle of eating lots of carbs then low carbing Body Opus or ckd??
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 04:04
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

I've been stalled for 2-3 months.... was thinking about a refeed meal around Christmas when I had a few days off work to recover, but had the cold and really couldn't face it.

I'm thinking about going for it tomorrow, with a nice big pizza from Dominos..... is it best to do a 1 meal only, or a whole day? I'm planning to do it Friday night so I have the weekend to recover from carb hangover etc.

Thanks
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 12:53

BF:

Doogieb
I wouldn't go nuts with a whole pizza if I were you.
Maybe just try one meal like you ate pre-atkins and see how it affects you initially (with how you feel) and over the next week (if you gain/loose/stay the same).
That is my advise anyhow.
Good Luck!
Hey.....They have Dominos in Scottland too huh......kewl.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 13:28
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbar
Doogieb
I wouldn't go nuts with a whole pizza if I were you.
Maybe just try one meal like you ate pre-atkins and see how it affects you initially (with how you feel) and over the next week (if you gain/loose/stay the same).

Cool... I'll maybe get a small pizza... - a typical pre-atkins meal would be a large pizza (although I'm guessing Dominos over here's biggest pizzas are smaller than Dominos over there's ) with chicken strippers and cheescake.... so I'll just go for a small one and see what it does to me

Quote:
That is my advise anyhow.
Good Luck!
Hey.....They have Dominos in Scottland too huh......kewl.

Yup, I've also eaten from Dominos in Holland too!

Thanks for your advice!

Last edited by doogieb : Thu, Jan-08-04 at 13:30.