The car did not want to cooperate with my gym goals yesterday. It decided it would much rather have a long visit at the Service Department of Puyallup Saturn. Grrr...
I did manage to make it to the game last night, though. And then stayed up way too late yappin' with my friend...finally made the drive back down at about three this morning.
So, to make up for skipping the gym yesterday, I decided to double up on my workout today. Doing two workouts in a day isn't really recommended in the Body Rx book--unless there is a break of several hours between workouts--but I did it anyway, because I'm stubborn like that.
Gym stuffs: Shoulders & Abs and Chest & Bis
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2x20x15, 3x5x32.5
- Lateral Raise 2x20x6, 2x6x12.5, 1x5x12.5
- Rear Deltoid Flyes 2x20x40, 2x5x80, 1x4x80
- Crunches 1x25, 1x17, 1x21
- Leg Raises 1x10, 1x8, 1x12
- Dumbbell Bench Press 2x20x15, 3x6x32.5
- Incline Press 2x20x40, 2x5x70, 1x4x70
- Flyes (Flex) 2x20x40, 2x6x90, 1x5x90
- Hammer Curls 2x20x12.5, 2x5x27.5, 1x4x27.5
- Preacher Curls 2x20x20, 2x5x45, 1x4x45
Shoulder press weight goes up next week (this week, technically). Everything else remains.
I seem pretty weak on the lateral raises. I wonder what's up with that.
I'm pretty wiped out after that workout, but I feel good. I thought about taking my hair down tonight, but I don't know if I want to hold my arms up for the three hours that will take...I'll have to consider that a bit more carefully.
On a side note, I woke up yesterday morning and saw the husband unit sitting beside me in bed with a bowl of Raisin Bran in one hand and a sugar dispenser in the other. Then today on the way home from the gym, he stopped at Fred Myer and bought three loaves of bread. I think it's safe to say that he has abandoned Atkins.