Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 08:36

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hey DeAnna, I'm as computer challenged as you are!! Maybe Joyce can help you...she has a gorgeous picture of herself on here. Several of the others do too...we'll see if we can get you (US!) some help. There are probably instructions on site somewhere if we knew where to look.

I don't have a day job actually...just a five acre place (Heaven On A Halfshell!) to take care of. Jim is an old fashioned guy who declared before we married that "..no wife of mine is going to work! I'll earn the living and you'll keep my house/home and have/raise my children. If you want a career..tell me now". That was back in the days where men's egos were more important than extra income!! I didn't have a problem with that concept so I agreed and I've been a "kept woman" for all these years!!! LOL (I know that isn't what I really am...but it sounds like more fun than 'housewife'!)

I thought about our last post from yesterday and need to add something to it. I DO have some low carb stuff. I use the Dr. Atkins Bake Mix, almond meal, flaxseed meal, and liquid stevia a lot in cooking/baking. I also have guar gum and zanthan gum but have not used them yet. I found some LC products at a specialty store here but the cost!!! YIKES! So I make do or do without for the most part. ANd....I have always avoided processed for the most part. If I can't understand from the label what the ingredients are...I figure my body won't be able to figure that out either! The only time I found Diet Rite soda it was almost $10 for a half case!! I don't think so!!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 09:15

BF:

Fat! I found the place to give us picture posting help! If you go to the main menu and go clear to the bottom, you find a Forum for technical help and support. There are whole threads in that forum about all of this stuff! Have fun! Keep the spirit!

Nance
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 15:31

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

No wife of mine is going to work...Exact words my DH said and still does. Could they be related.....LOL...

I never ever bake. I don't think that it would help me lose, so I just don't do it. I can live without it. I have the problem of over eating baked goods.

I am going right now to see about the site you spoke about, I 'll let you know if I understand it or not.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 16:27

Hey look at me I did it, I did it....LOL It was a job and a half. I had to resize my pic, and you have to have one in someplace that is on your computer. I did mine with photo suite 4. I don't care for this pic it is too blured. Maybe that is a good thing...LOL
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 17:46

BF:

Well, would you LOOK at you!!! Aren't you the cutest thing! And smart too to figure all of that out! I haven't even tried! Plus, I get intimidated by how pretty all of you are and don't want my pix up by yours!
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 17:55

Thank you Steaks, I sent you a PM
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 18:07
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power (loosly)
Stats: 165/158/158 Female 5'8"
BF:I don't know

What's wrong here Fat, I can't see you. All I see is balloons...
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 18:51

Sorry, but now I am using doggies.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 06:29
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power (loosly)
Stats: 165/158/158 Female 5'8"
BF:I don't know

Ohhh gotta love the doggies. You're getting pretty good at this Fat...
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 09:58

BF:

Joyce you and Fat make me look like a computer illiterate! Which I am!! I had my daughter order mine for me and it was delivered in boxes a week or so later. I bought myself a Computers for Dumbies book and cautiously started opening cartons!! It only took me about 3 hours to have it set up and turned on and I've been addicted since! Still make many many blunders...but that's how I learn! LOL! I love being able to look things up on Google to satisfy my idiotic curiosity!

Nance
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 14:56

Alright ladies, I guesst this is.... a lot of fun. This one is me at age 2 1/2 1949. I have a pic of my grandmother showing her dress, and my mom, me, and my DD.
If you have any questions Steaks, I would be glad to answere them for you. My computer is an HP and I have had nothing but trouble with my first HP. This is my third one. With my first one I learned from HP techs all about getting rid of old files and what they call ghost. How to keep everything in ship shape, and get rid of programs running in the back ground that you don't use, that slows down your computer. I am not an expert, but I know quit a bit. Also have a Nephew that is an expert on these computers. Makes a living at it at a collage. Lucky him.
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 15:50

BF:

Fit and Trim, that's a mighty purrrrty dress ya got on ya thar! You are adorable girl!
I might take you up on the computer advice when I have more time. I have a Dell with 2000ME OPS...yeah, I know...SORRY! LOL! It's got more bugs than a swamp!

The name was 'cause I just couldn't call anybody on this site 'Fat'!! My Mama raised me better than that! And after seeing the picture...it fits you better Dear!
Nance
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 16:09

Thank you Steaks, I appreciate that comment. LOL you are funny.. girl.
Always wanted a Dell. Didn't know about them until we got the HP. Is that not how things happen some times. You got a Dell...which reminds me how much I miss the Dell Dude from the boob tube.
So are you trying to say a Windows Me software. That is what I have. I saw the XP, but do not care for it...I guess because it is different as far as getting places. Everything looks different. It is like being on another planet to me.
What did you eat today....I just had a 1/2 chicken breast....going to later have a taco salad.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:22

BF:

Well, now, see...I ate a WHOLE chicken breast for lunch! And I added a slice of ham and a piece of provolone cheese melted on top of it. Breakfast was scrambled eggs and bacon, dinner was roast chicken, mashed cauliflower and corn on the cob....and Yes! I had to have the first ear out of the garden for the season! I'm still within MY carb goal but missed the green veggies. Had double yesterday and will do double tomorrow to make up.
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 22:11

I mostly snack on my food off and on during the day. Tonight I had the Taco Salad, and my eyes were bigger than my stomach, and I ate too much lettuce. Can't remember being this full on lettuce....LOL
Do you have your own corn field?