Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 230/203/145
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Lori and the rest (hopefully) of the low carb gang! I have been MIA due to my recent induction routine. I had to get back to the basics again. With 70 lbs to go I had to stay out of the Low carb stores. They are for maintence or "slow losing." I am blessed that I have 3 co-workers now doing Atkins. We had a potluck last week and we all colaborated and brought "legal" foods. I have lost 5 lbs since my last posting. OOps, I need to update my profile. Low carb stores are popping up all over the place. THEY HAVE FINALLY CAUGHT ON!!! Clackamas, by Town Center - Sweet tomatoes on 82 ave. And Toms' in Gladstone is advertising Low Carb. Who had heard of others??? I wish you all luck, Health and Happiness.

Jules
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 23:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 276.2/276.2/140 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi moonpie,

I have to stay out of the low carb stores as well. Everything there is a legal treat and I have no skill for portion control! My serving size is the package size - lol!

It is great to have people at work to help with the support. I hve several at work and several around the house as well. I am sharing recipes and cookbooks with people all the time. I do much better on the WOE when I cook things myself.

Good thoughts to you and good luck on your journey! I have about the same amount of weight to lose and I know what you are going through. I restarted induction this week and I am just having trouble getting all of my water in. Once that is under control, I will move to the next step.

Talk to you soon

Lori
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 12:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 205/197/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi there.. I saw a while back Haydens Restaurant off Nyberg road in Tualatin is advertising No Carb/Low Carb menu selections as well as Finnigan's in Newberg too. I haven't hit any of the low carb stores but would like too one of this weekends. Have a great week !!!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 15%
Cool hey everyone

I'm in good old Northeast Portland by Providence Hospital. Love it here. My kids go to Grant H.S.

the weather is starting to turn, more sun, more often. i love oregon summers. the coast is my favorite place.

i've been to the lo-carb store on SE 39th ave between Hawthorne and Division and i found that it's a haven for sugar alcohols and maltodextrin. i did find some Keto products that i wanted though. And the prices are way too high. My girlfriend and I walked out talking about how much money they must be making there. It's a tiny store and there were about ten people in there. as i stood in line i was trying to guesstimate the average receipt and i think it came out to about forty dollars.

(anyways no offense meant to anyone who works there but it seemed outrageous)

i tend to do a lot of cooking. i don't even try to convert my kids. it's hard enough for them to understand why i quit stocking the refrigerator with coke. i do keep diet rite and diet dr pepper which is what they have to drink if they want pop in my house.

anyways, if anyone knows of any local support groups please list them in this thread...i'd be willing to check them out.

#20   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 09:00

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

wow. this is like the third oregon thread i have come across today. we should combine them!!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 17:05
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

That Hayden's restaurant has daily Atkins specials including desserts! I love their steak tips topped with crab meat and bearnaise sauce, accompanied by roasted asparagus - all only 7 g carbs! And they make something called Swedish Creme (I think) that is similar to Panna Cotta. Very good. Kind of spendy though. Once a week is just fine with me to eat there.

There is also a LC store in Lake Oswego, right off I5. I think it's called The Low Carb Market. They have great homemade icecream and milkshakes (6 g carbs per 12 oz).
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 17:44
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Atiaran... I haven't been in Haydens for a long time just saw the advertisment on their sign. But after reading this we will make a reservation soon!!! What a treat .. I'll check the L.O. low carb store too. We live in Sherwood so it's close. Have a great week all !
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 18:03

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi I am a fellow Oregonian born in Oregon City can't get more than that I was raised up in Milwaukie but am a South Coaster now. So am missing out on all the great stores in the Valley. Well Take Care, Pat S.

Last edited by Pat S. : Fri, May-09-03 at 10:35.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 230/203/145
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thanks for the Haydens info want2loose & atiaran. My Company will be re-locating from Clackamas to Tigard in 3 weeks. We have more Atkins converts in the office now after seeing the success of the 3 amegos. Collectively we have lost 65 pounds since Jan 03. The man in the group seems to have done the best so far ( duh-go-figure), even eating those low carb stall bars.
Last week my best Atkins buddy made me some low carb fudge for my b-day. It was delicious and everyone who tasted it was impressed. I went a little, well...big time carb blow out at the coast for my b-day. I did find something out after eating hash browns, a cheese burger, cobbler and rolls. After 3 + months I had turned the thought of a potato into something so wonderful and delicious that when I actually ate these "forbidden" foods they actually did not taste as good as the expectation. The fantasy is now gone. Gained 5 lbs..I said I had a big to do. DH and I could not get over the bloatedness and the gas. How romantic was that! Moral: expectations are just that! Nothing tastes as good as feeling thinner feels. Jules
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 08:35
Registered Member

BF:

Well I have to tell you Moonpie after hearing your blow out and not truly enjoying that forbidden blast from the past was a big help to me.. But I must admit I'd like to hear the lo-carb fudge recipe
  #26   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 23:26

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%

Hello Everyone... I'm a fellow Oregonian, but a bit further south than anyone Ive seen posting here.. Im down in Roseburg. LC'ing is kinda tough here.. only 1 nutrition store here.. and its not very well stocked with lc stuff. I dont have much time to post right now.. but im glad i found this thread :-)

Tracy
  #27   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:26
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome Orygun Girl.. Do you have a Fred Meyers in Roseburg? I read the other day they will have a full section for Lo/Carb by the end of May.. so that might be your ticket.. Also I know that Vitamin World has a nice selection of Atkins product plus that's where I bought my Whey Protein drink..
  #28   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:11

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i was driving through gresham yesterday on the way home from mt. hood and i noticed a new low carb store. it was on burnside by the roadhouse grill (somewhere around 3rd?). they seem to be popping up all over the place.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 21:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 252/232/180
BF:44( a year a/32/15
Progress: 28%

hello another vancouver gal here.Pam there is only one restaraunt that I know of here it is called "boppin bo's"over by winco on fourth plain(by tartget)They have an atkins menu also the golden tent by the mall is a goos place as you can load up on the meats and get your veggies too(mongolian grill buffet)an yes the opening of lo carb habit was a godsend
  #30   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 21:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 252/232/180
BF:44( a year a/32/15
Progress: 28%

ok ok I had a brain fart I see you already know about the boppin bo's lol