Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 14:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Thumbs up Yeah...You Did It!!!

Merry Widow......what a riot, my daughter taught me the same trick!!! What is it with daughters? They look at us, feel sorry for us, and try to make our life a little easier!!! LMAO. Only problem is the getting to a standing position, is that a riot or what!! teehee. I actually had to ROLL off the bed once.......lol. I so enjoy your posts you have such a good sense of humor!!

You Go Girl!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 21:10
Registered Member

Stats: 196/180/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi MaryEdie!
I want to thank you for that cheese sauce recipe you gave me. It was really delicious. Even my son thought it was really good. He thinks he needs to lose 10 lbs and he's thinking of doing Atkins, too. So he's had dinner with me last night and tonight - the Atkins way of course. Don't know if he will do the diet, but I won't press him him to start as I don't think he really needs to. He always watches his weight and has never been heavy. He's 38, and I can't see him letting himself gain a lot. I give him credit for that.

Last night he brought his dog over. It was his as of last night. He asked me if I'd keep it until he could get a different apartment. One that would accept dogs. I told him I would, but she had to be gone by May, and also I was going on vacation the end of Feb. and he'd have to come stay at the house and care for the dog. He's sure he'll have an apartment that will accept the dog before that and I hope he's right as the gentleman I'm going with (he's in Florida right now - he spends the winters there) doesn't want to be tied down by animals of any kind. I don't care to have to clean a dog each time she is let out in the yard... especially in the winter with the ice and snow between their toes, etc. But I will because I know how much he wants her. And I think he needs this dog in his life right now. The dog is really sweet. But she is strong, and she has already jumped our four foot chain link fence just to be with the dog next door. It is a german shepard, and a big sissy. When Ginny jumped the fence, the shepard took off and ran to his back door. He couldn't believe his eyes when she went sailing over the fence. Neither could my son. I knew she was capable of doing that because when I had her out this AM before I went to work, she saw him and tried to go over by him. I had her on the leash in the backyard because I wanted to bring her in right after she "went" so I wouldn't be late for work. Anyway, I nearly landed on my face because she was tugging so hard.

How's the diet going for you? Lose anymore? I guess we have to talk about that here too. But sometimes I get carried away on other things. I'm still the same weight as yesterday, so I hope tomorrow I will have dropped a little more. I've been so good and not cheated, and stuck strictly to the foods on the induction list. Gotta Go, talk more later,
Carol
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 06:53

BF:
Wink Hi Merry

Yes as a matter of fact I did drop a little more this morning. Yippee!!! Did I ever mention I count ounces, so dropping weight doesn't necessarily mean pounds tee hee......Anything in the downward direction makes my day. I am ecpecially happy as I had gone up a bit, probably water weight. (Thank God!), so that left and a little besides..

Well I do not exercise, alto I know you should, but if you do you won't have to now, you'll just have to hang on to that leash and not let go when the dog is out and you will have the work out of your life!!! LMAO.....I couldn't stop laughing reading your descriptive post......that'll keep you young!!

Glad you liked the cheese sauce, I use it on a lot of things. Ever try freezing, or buying frozen raspberries, taking a few out of freezer and pouring a little heavy cream on them while still frozen? Tasts like ice cream, maybe even better, and 1/4 cup goes from 3.6 carbs down to 1.5 carbs when you subtract fiber. So at 1.5 carbs per 1/4 cup it's pretty doable. You said you still stick close to what you are supposed to eat! Good for you!! I pretty much do too. I am real anxious to loose weight. I have been doing this for 3 months now, and it seems to get easier as I go along. I think cause I learn more things I can eat, as replacements. Well keep up the good work.......Will chat soon!

................Mary Edie.....Tee hee
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 11:27
Registered Member

BF:

Just want you to know I'm not ignoring your post, MaryEdie. I wrote a nice reply and my computer shut down on me... drat!!! Everything lost. However, I can't take the time to re-do it as I have to be at my grand daughters birthdy party in an hour, and god knows I need every second to get ready... Talk to you later.
Carol
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 13:52

BF:
Wink Merry Widow......hi !!

Wow, real sorry to hear about your computer.......I hate puter problems!!

I notice that your name is not over your posts, over where it says "New Member". Did you happen to notice that?

Well I hope you have a good time at birthday party, Grandkids are so much fun!! Not eating cake and icecream isn't so much fun at them......but, oh, the price we woman pay to stay good looking!!

HAGD Mary Edie
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 14:08

BF:
Wink Merry Widow..Me again!

Just a quick note. When I said your name was gone over where it said "New Member", that was a glitch in my computer I fixed. After I sent the post to you I noticed everybodies name was gone, not just yours. Sorry to alarm you. I'm all straightened out on my end now. ..........computers!!

#22   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 20:40
Registered Member

BF:

Hi MaryEdie...
Had a good time at the party, but didn't eat much or cheat. I've been busy installing my new speakers and scanner. My old scanner just wouldn't work with my new computer. I put my old speakers on my old computer so the grandkids could play (and hear) their games. Then it took me a whole day to figure out why my new speakers wouldn't make any sounds. Just more proof that if you plug them in the wrong holes on the back of the computer, they don't want to work. Touchy little things they are! Then I got my scanner up and running, but I have to find out how to change a scanned TIF picture to a Gif or JPEG one. I can't seem to get the TIF picture to open in an email I want to send. Only a red X shows up where the picture should be. Got to figure that one out...

I went and had a manicure and pedicure Wednesday... ooooh they feel so good! I love feeling pampered. I'll have another of each just before I leave for Florida the end of this month. I'll be so soft (I hope) that he'll wonder what he's doing down there when I'm up here. Nah! that won't make him want to come home early - he can't take the cold anymore.

Listen, gotta go. Forgot to do something that was supposed to be done already... We'll talk later,
Carol
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 23:22

Stats: 245/239/150
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Well, what a great bunch!

I have just spent the last hour (and it is late) "meeting" you and it is certainly a pleasure ladies... What a nice, good humored group. I have high hopes for this experience. Wish me luck.. I need it. As a diabetic, I was amazed that Atkins was good for me...Right now I am away from home, but when I return in April I can't wait to get to the doc for my blood profile...

Before I retire for the evening, I must tell you that last night I served my husband (the CEO) and the grandkids homemade pizza while I ate my "meatza" and didn't mind a bit..this could be fun.

jeb
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 16:50

BF:
Smile Hi Merry Widow & Jayburn

Jayburn it will be exciting to see how your bloodwork is in April! So nice to meet you. Keep posting and chatting. Always love to hear from people that enjoy a sense of humor!! lol.
Merry Widow.......oh you are getting so puter wise!! More than I can do!! How's the dog business? Providing a good dose of exercise?? Pampering is sooooooo refreshing, huh!! I agree!
Lordy, I am beside myself these days ....I seemed to have gained 1 1/2 lbs........drat...........hope it is water weight but it hasn't left yet!!! help!!

Have to go pout now!!!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 05:48

BF:
Default Hi Jayburn!!!

Haven't seen you post in a few days and was wondering how you were doing? If you start a journal we have a place to leave you posts, and you know where to find them. I have been doing good and am actually quite excited today! I am now 149.4, which is the first time I have weighed under 150 in years!! I been doing a little dance around the livingroom, not a pretty sight, but hey, it's my house, right!!! LOL

#26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 12:40

BF:
Smile Hi Merry Widow

Just dropped in to say "HI", and hope you are well, and not having puter problems.

#27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 21:14
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Everyone, I'm back from Florida... Had a great time even though the first week I was there it rained all the time. The second week was great! Went swimming, dancing, met some new friends 2 days before I had to leave, so I won't be seeing them until I go back the end of April. Hope you all are still interested in being on this thread, I don't want to lose my friends here. And MaryEdie, I also gained weight... 2 1/2 pounds worth. I have to work all this week, so I won't have much time to spend on the computer, but I'll come back to this site to check in with you. Talk later... I love the dog, but I'll be glad to see her go. And I don't mean that in a mean way, because I still think she is sweet.
Carol
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:56

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi. Loved reading the posts. Way to go on all your successes. Keep up the good work. I loved the post about the A.A.A.D.D. because i sooooooooo have that. ROTF.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 15:10

BF:
Wink Hi Merry Widow

So glad you had a good time on vaca!!! Good to have you back, have been looking for you.....Hey 2 1/2 lbs isn't too bad for a whole vacation!! Are you tan?............MaryEdie.....teehee

#30   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 22:21
Registered Member

BF:

Hi MaryEdie and Charron,

Gee, I thought we were supposed to be notified through email when someone posted. I haven't been getting notified and I thought everyone just quit on me, so I'm glad I checked back.

Am I tan? A little bit. We really took care because it's very easy to burn if you're not careful, and I thought I was going to burn because my back, shoulders and face were quite pink, but several evenings Larry massaged oil on my back and, then I tanned up a little and was quite careful about the sun after that.

You're right, 2 1/2 lbs isn't too bad.... I wish that's all it was now. I gained all but 4 lbs back. I get up each morning and do the diet, I try to drink the water - don't always drink as much as I should though, I get through lunch (but with a larger salad than is allowed) and even at dinner time, I follow the diet... but all of a sudden I get these awful cravings and then start shoving food in my mouth. Usually it's saltine crackers with cream cheese and jam. The problem is I don't stop after one or two, I eat one of the four packages of crackers in the box. And that's even if I drink enough water, which half the time I haven't been. If only I didn't get the cravings. Oh well, I'll have to work harder on that.

My son moved into his new apartment last weekend and took the dog. I hated the hair, the mud in the feet, the having to get home so she could go out, etc. but I still miss her anyway. She was such good company for me. She followed me around all the time and layed down by my feet when I would sit. And she was somebody to talk to. Karl called me yesterday and I asked if Ginnie missed me. He said it seemed like she didn't understand why she was there instead of here with me, but she's adjusting. She really is a sweet dog... I told him that I have visitation rights, hahaha.

Well, I was really busy today! I had a day off of work, so I had breakfast with a friend... (stayed on the diet!), went to see if I could get that diagnostic check done to my car, but they couldn't take me today so I made an appointment for Tuesday morning, then I donated blood but since I get faint when I donate, they made me eat a couple of cookies and drink some juice. Then I bought some shampoo (for red hair - now you know my secret), gassed up the car, bought ink for my printer, some blank CD's for my computer, a portable CD player so I can listen to music at work without disturbing anyone and also I hope to start walking on the days when the weather is nice so I'll take it along with me then, too. Next I bought 2 purses and did grocery shopping... (only the things I'm allowed) so with all that walking around, I think I walked off those 2 cookies and juice. At least I hope I did. So far tonight I haven't cheated and I just looked at the clock and see it's a little after 10 PM, so I'm going to bed before I do cheat! Besides that, I have to get up at 5 AM for work.

I'll talk to you later... I'll have to keep checking back if I'm not notified of the postings here.

Have a good day