Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 04:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 167 cm
BF:
Progress:

FYI- lowest in carbs and calories of the red cabbage ready made salads is Achla. Zabar was low and then they changed their recipe. Carbs shot way up there. I'm also enjoying the 92 bars and the blue colored "light Energy" bars. Take care and Stay Strong. Shana Tova
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-08, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

Yes, they said they did taste tests and the popular flavors were the sweeter ones so they stated to add sugar. The general public is getting a sweet tooth! Before starting Atkins, fruit was not sweet enough for me! Achla adds sugar to eggplant! Don't the 92 bars have white flour in them? What are the "Light Energy" bars?
Sukkot is one of the few holidays that don't have an obligatory high carb traditional food you must eat, so enjoy eating low carb in a Sukkah!
Have an easy fast!
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 10:02

BF:
Progress:
Default hot chocolate

Energy bars- Light. blue package. they're snacks. 58 calories / 7 carbs
92 bars have 3 carbs and 92 calories.
Recently discovered this great hot chocolate, but they are expensive on delivery outside USA. need to have someone in the USA that can send it on to you. But it's really great. their link: http://ronandfranks.com/Merchant5/m...tegory_Code=050
I especially like their Raspberry Hot Chocolate, Kahlua & Cream Hot Chocolate, and their White Chocolate Raspberry. each cup of hot chocolate has 20 calories and 3 carbs. very filling.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-08, 14:09
Registered Member

Stats: 158/143/127 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Can we organize our own new year commitment? But together, like with our Israeli menus and problems.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-08, 11:02

Yes! what kind of commitment are you interested in?
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-08, 12:54
Registered Member

Stats: 158/143/127 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Honestly, I don't know. I just wish to tell someone how was my day, how I resisted the rogal'ach at work, hear about a new idea for breakfast, an option what to eat for a snack while out (not falafel, not sandwish, not pizza, I can only think of nuts but maybe you have other solutions) etc.
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-08, 03:59

BF:
Progress:

sounds like a support team- I'll give it a try. I have my frustrations like everyone else and am always interested in hearing about new ideas. We're thinking of hiking/camping out on the Israel National path (shviel ha-aretz). the biggest concern is what kind of food that I can carry with me that isn't heavy and is as close as possible to south beach diet. the best option is "mana hama" but those are all carbs. I need something that can be filling and heated up; like dried veggies or something. anyone have any ideas, let me know. meanwhile: Hag Sameach!!!
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-08, 14:14

Okay, I like that!
I spent years working outside (no convenient refrigerator) dealing with problems like that:
1. Evelyne- for fast food I eat Shawarma! I ask for Shawarma (with extra fat yummy) salad fried eggplant in a pita. I eat the inside and throw away the pita.
I do everything possible with eggs for breakfast. I even make pancakes using only cinnamon. What kind of ideas are you looking for?
I just consider high carb foods "not kosher" and that's it. No temptation. Since starting Atkins TZL my problem has been fruit. (beforehand it wasn't sweet enough!) I planted lots of fruit trees and the ripe fruit grown in my yard is so tempting!
2. Linda - Hiking the National path is a dream come true! I wish I could come with you! Let me know when you reach the Negev - you are invited! On trips I take with me cans of tuna. If I don't think I will have anywhere to drain the oil I bring tuna or salmon paste. I eat it with a spoon of course. Hard vegetables like cucumbers, celery and fennel goes nicely in bags and don't spoil. If it is not too hot I will take hard boiled eggs with me. Low carb energy bars, a bit expensive but light weight. Whey powder - just mix with water. There are a few soy-flour based items sold at health food stores that are relatively low carb and light weight, like "soycrunch". Sugarless halva.
I hope this helps!
Hag Sameyah!
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-08, 08:39

Debmeg – I finally found the Lindt chocolate, I found it in Supersol. I don't know, it has sugar in it and 20 carbs for 100 grams seams like a lot to me. I didn't buy it.
LindaTadir – I looked at the "light energy" bars, they too seamed high carb to me and I didn't buy them. You must remember NOT to subtract the fiber from the total carbs. Here it is not included in the count of total carbs and is listed separate. I didn't find the 92 bars are they from eilit?

And for the support part – did you gain, lose or stay the same weight after these holidays? I hope all of you did well! No holidays till Hanukah – two months to dream up l/c sufganiyot! The Latkis is easy – supplement cauliflower for potatoes and use a bit of soy flour. Any ideas?
Enjoy the rain!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 01:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Another Israeli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysk
Yes, there is now. In J-m.
danny

I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE ANY ISRAELI'S ON THIS FORUM!
EZEH YOFI!!!!

Hi Danny!
I am in Karmiel!

Last edited by Israeli : Mon, Mar-16-09 at 02:05.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 01:49

BF:
Default I am in Israel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachkids
Not sure where to post this one so I will put it here.

I hate to repeat what I have read is said over and over again but I must - this forum is amazing. I have been having such problems sticking to the LC diet and after finding this site - my mind just doesn't let me think carbs at all... Thanks everyone!

I am looking for more LCers that live in Israel. I haven't been able to find ANY LC stuff here in any of the stores and maybe someone out there can help me. I would love to make the faux bake mix or other things but don't know where to find soy powder or flax etc. The only thing I have found is soy flour. Health food stores just send me looking at protein bars etc but they all have sugar and tons of carbs.

Any suggestions?

Hello teachkids!

Last edited by Israeli : Mon, Mar-16-09 at 02:06.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 01:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasita
Hi teach!!!
I'm from Hertzeliah!!!
I've got the recipe for Atkins bake mix, and I bought everything at the Nitan ha Dudevan, (you heard of it?)
I've been cooking low carb for months already, and my whole family enjoys it soo much...
I'll look it up and post for you...
Have fun
mamasita

WOW!
Ma koreh po! Ma koreh po!
Many Israeli's!!!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 01:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelyne
I'm an other Israeli, Ramat-Gan located. I've seen on this board and on other the need for a group eating LC and Kosher (more or less). But no one seems ready to "pick up the flag". And we do need a place to meet, where we can find recipe for meatballs without cheese and so on.
Gmar Hatima Tova to all!
Yael

Lo yachol lihiot!
Od echad!
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 01:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi363
shana tova all...
i was wondering if splenda is sold in israel or maybe it's under a different name? also, any low carb breads w/o sugar or fat? thanks....jodi

Awesome!
Almost Pesach, everybody!
Hag Sameach!
So cool!

Last edited by Israeli : Mon, Mar-16-09 at 02:07.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 01:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie
How exciting - I just found this board, and it's great to know that there are others in the forum with the same difficulties and interests. The GMC stores have a protein powder - I just looked and didn't buy - and I'm not sure if it was kosher. I think it was about 140 shekel. Does anyone take supplements? - the ones Atkins suggest or Eades? Do you buy them here?
How about a prize for the one who comes up with a substitute for pork rinds?

Goldie

I am so amazed there are so many Israeli's here!!!