Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 14:00

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I looove doing squats now. Still hate lunges. Yep, I'm in North Chelmsford, MA.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 14:56

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 271/162/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Hi All....

Thanks for the welcome... I've really enjoyed reading all the posts in this forum... What an inspiration this forum is.. wish I'd have found it sooner. I am learning so much...
I started LC Dec. 02, 2002 and as of today lost 20 lbs... I do need to go check out my measurements to see how many inches I've lost....

Don't want to rub-it-in to all those in here that are freezing, but I can tell you this... I had my A/C on in my vehicle on the way home from church today.... (sorry, but couldn't help myself...lol) We've been in the high 70's and 80's... Must be the reason we have all these "snow blessings" here... Our weather is perfect (right now), you all can rub-it-in to me come this summer when my temps are 125 + and you all are having perfect weather.... or just come to Arizona and enjoy this warm weather with me....

Make it a Happy Low Carb day... Judi
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 16:43

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hiya gang,
Hope everyone is doing great today. I just got back in from shopping and i purchased afew Atkins Advantage bars. It's been ages since i had one, and i have to say, they are actually really good. I just hope i don't get addicted to them. I did try snacking on beef jerky and pork rinds, but i seem to retain alot of water when i do, so they are out.

It's freezing here in Canada, i am jealous jraz, i think i might have to move down south, i miss the sun.

Toni

Last edited by CanadianT : Sun, Jan-19-03 at 16:44.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Wink 9th Day Low-Carbing

Summer: I am on my 9th day this time around..A couple of years ago I was on Low-Carb for about 9 months...stuck to it and lost about 70 lbs. I was so happy...then I fell off the wagon and have been off and on it ever since, but this time I'm here for the long haul..... Any help from ya'll is appreciated........Celina
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 22:23

BF:
Default Hello

Toni, come on down... I'll gladly share my weather with you... I do wish it were colder... I love the winter and being bundled up and snuggy.... Your temps my be a little tooooooooooo cold for me tho....
and those LC Bars are so addicting... I can't do them.. I had to stop because for some reason they made me crave more carbs.. not sure if it was the taste of sweet or the carbs in them.... but this go round I have to say NO to them....

Celina... Your life sounds like mine.... I did the LC a couple of years ago for 14 months without cheating even once, but my hb had an Employee of the Year party to go to (he didn't win..) and I decided to eat that nite and I ate everything and I didn't stop until Dec 2, 2002.... I'd lost down to 189 lbs... and I still have the little black dress I wore that nite... and haven't wore since... BUT I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the day it becomes toooooooooo big I will shouting the victory.... yea....
Ok, have to go journal and then to bed....

Sweet carbless dreams all.... nite.... and I will send some warm weather your way....
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 07:21

BF:

Hey Jraz,
We sure have perfect cuddling weather in Canada right now, but my biggest problem is i don't have anyone to cuddle with. I have lost over 240lbs, and i wouldn't mind gaining most of em back in the form of a handsome hunk, lol.

Toni
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 09:55

BF:
Default Toni...

Let me see what I can do for ya... We have a lot of hunks down here, not sure how handsome they are tho.... LOL

And Wow, good for you.... You are definately an inspiration... Ever post your life story... Would love to hear it.... Am so proud of you... If you can do it.. so can I......... Keep me inspired...
Blessings...
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:28

BF:

hey Jraz,
I did start my journal the other day and gave alittle bit of my history in it. I'll try to update it regularly. I sure will add an entry when i find myself a hunk.

Toni
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 11:44
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Talking My goodness

What a wonderful thing to come in on! Sound like you are all in good spirits!! And yes the cold snap is still with us! Its suppose to be -10 tonight!
But the days are getting longer and this too shall pass

So does anyone have any low carb tricks or things they want to talk about? I was curious, does anyone have a sticking point on their plan. One or two things that are touch to do or make work?
I know for me its: Breakfast and Exercise.
Breakfast because I can't eat eggs and exercise because I don't have a way of getting to the gym on my own...yet...

How about a positive thing you learned to do?
For me its making my weekday lunches for work on the weekends.
I cook for about an hour and a half and make low carb lunches that I can reheat in the microwave at work. I make low carb meatballs for three lunches and curry chicken for two. I put them in freezer bags and laid them on top of each other flat in the freezer, it works great!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 15:36

I wouldn't say I have any tricks, but I have learned (and still learning!) some lessons the hard way through trial and error. I keep typing stuff and going back and erasing it I'm indecisive today I guess. I typed up something motivational and took it all out, I didn't want to sound like I'm on a soapbox...

But I thought this wasn't too bad to leave in: My philosophy on this WOL (and just about anything in life really) is: if you want something bad enough, you go and work for it and make it happen. If it's not happening, you're not trying hard enough yet.

There's a ton of things I want to accomplish now that I never thought I could when I was really fat. Silly things even, like rollerblading! I'm not gonna sit around growing moldy and let the world pass me by anymore. Yep, you only live once, so I'm gonna ride this mofo till the wheels fall off...

Now onto more mundane, everyday thingies:
Things that are tough for me:
1. Making time to eat when it's busy at work
2. Eating salads
3. Crunches!

I also make lunches on Sunday, it's easier than doing it after dinner or in the morning. I even freeze my boyfriends sandwiches two weeks at a time!

Ok, I'm off to go kick some a$$ on the treadmill! I'm freeeeeezing!
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 17:52

BF:
Default Big Problem today.............

Got to work this morning and went to the bathroom and my urine looked a little dark... then later a little darker and by lunch time very dark.. and started to have pain on urinating.... so headed to the doctor and by the time I urinated for them it was super super dark............. and am passing blood clots... You would swear I was having a period and I haven't had one of those in 10 years.... I am now peeing every 2 minutes and you would swear I was giving birth to a baby... That was definately more fun than this... took my first meds at 2:45 pm and am praying these kick in, like real soon............ My doctor is a fan of Atkins and does not think this is my problem.... but.......... everytime I go on low carb I do this.... BRB, gotta go give birth again..........ok, back.. I am even trying the Lamaz breathing and it's not helping...lol Also found out about my temps from her, but will write about that later. Right now... I think I am going to go to bed... And will be home from work tomorrow....
Make it go away....TTUL....
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 18:28

I hope you're ok jraz Are you drinking your water???? I know there are a few nurses on this site, I wanna say Doreen, but you could post about what's going on with you and see if any one else has any ideas. I'm thinking kidney stone??? Good luck and feel better soon!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 18:40

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Everyone,

Darklotus, we are practically neighbors. I go to the Pheasant Lane Mall all the time. I don't think I'll ever love doing exercise. I don't mind the treadmill. Since I've only been doing the weights for 2 days I guess I'll reserve judgement. At least today I was able to walk - but I'm still having trouble getting up and down when sitting. I took today off. (Hardly ever exercise on Mondays because I'm just too tired from work!) But I did do some streching.

Kassie, I know you're somewhere in NH, right?

Judi, 20 lbs since December is great. Sweating during the summer sounds good right now. It going to be so cold tomorrow bf is offering to drive me to work. (He's either taking pity on me or he wants to make sure I go to work! lol)

Toni, I eat the Advantage bars too. I know some people think they cause stalls but they help me get thru - especially when I can't go to lunch because I'm too busy at work. I can't get over that you've lost 240 lbs, that is just so unbelievable. I'll check out your journal too. Hey, you'll meet someone when you least expect it!

Celina, so you're on day 10 today, right? Just keep checking in and we will help you stay on track. It's much easier with support!

Kassie, I make my lunch for the week on Sundays too. I usually make chicken salad and just eat that every day. I'm a really boring eater and don't care if I eat the same thing every day.
My only exercise "trick" is to commit that I'll work out a specific number of times every week and then I "force" myself to meet the goal. (Right now I'm doing 4X a week.) I know it sounds hokey but I feel like I've accomplished something if I meet my goal.

Darklotus you can share your motivational comments with us! We all need motivation, right? It's true that if you want something bad enough you can make it happen.

I don't really have anything I've wanted to do that I've been waiting to do until I'm thin. The only thing I can think of is buying smaller clothes. (And not shopping in the "women's large size" dept.) I love to shop and I am really looking forward to getting new clothes. (The problem is I keep buying clothes as I'm losing and they don't fit for long!)

Judi, I hope you are doing OK. Did the dr just give you medication? Did she run any tests. Post and let us know how you're doing and take it easy.

Summer
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 18:45

I go to the pheasant lane all the time too, it's 10 minutes from me. Maybe we could meet there sometime and hang out. I have to mind my mouth sometimes, sometimes I give people to hard of a kick in the a$$ and they fall over... hehe... j/k but they sometimes get miffed when I'm brutally honest. You'll love exercise once you reap the benefits of it I think.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 18:53

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Darklotus,

That would be great - but let's wait until it's a little WARMER out!

I hope you're right, that I'll love exercise eventually. I do like the book I'm using - and it says I should start to see results in a month - if that's true I may start to like it, lol.

Summer