Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-02, 05:57

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%

Yes and Yippee!!!!!
Bought 2 chocolate....just had a bowl last night, very good and no ill effects. When I was sick a while back I had a small helping of real ice cream (medicinal purposes) for a burning throat....shortly after I was feeling terrible from it.
LeCarb just left me happy and satisfied with no "kick ins" for
nasty things.
Notice Wally World keeps it on the bottom shelf?
Wish it would have been around all summer!
greentea
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 04:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

I don't mean to be a spoilsport, but who can eat just 1/2 cup? I think a serving for me would probably be about a cup, then 12 carbs are pretty high.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 04:18

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%

Hey Sandylee,
You're not a spoilsport... truth is, MOST people don't even look at the serving size. I can down about 3 tablespoons and stop.
Ya just need a taste now and then...ya know
greentea
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 23:27

Plan: modified CKD
Stats: 207/157/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Thumbs up Le Carb ice cream...

WOW! If you haven't heard of it, Le Carb ice cream is a sugar free (sweetened with splenda, and NO sugar alcohols) ice cream sold right at Wal-Mart! Theres 5 or 6 flavors.

The first flavor I tried was the chocolate almond. It was "good", but I'm not a big chocolate fan so you may think its great!

The second flavor I tried was the Cinnamon. 3 words: OH MY GOD. This is the best ice cream I've ever had, sugar or no sugar. It reminded me of pumpkin pie-its definitely going to be at my thanksgiving dinner! If you have a Super Walmart near you, you HAVE to try this. Its sold near the ben and jerry's little ice cream things. There are 4 half cup servings in each container. I'm pretty good at portion control these days, but even if you arent, the entire container of Cinnamon ice cream is only 400 calories and about 12 grams carbs(24 if glycerin effects you)!

Anyway, just wanted to give you all a heads up. If you try it and like it as much as I did, let me know in my journal!

See ya,
Michelle
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 20:21

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Thumbs up "Slender" Ice Cream!

Found this at Kroger's tonight..Slender Ice Cream. It's low fat and made with Splenda. And it's yummy! I got the chocolate....here's the breakdown:

source grams cals %total
Total: 90
Fat: 5 41 36%
Sat: 3 27 24%
Carbs: 14 40 35%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 3 12 11%
Alcohol: 3 21 19%

It does have Sorbital in it, but 1/2 cup once in a while won't hurt!

And it's so yummy!!!

CindySue

PS I checked the hidden carb counter and it came out with 9.75 gms carb....that's even better!
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 00:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Hi, CindySue.

I was just reading your post, and there's something really wonky about that information from the label.

For instance, if you add up all the calories, it comes to 114 cals per serving not 90, and if you use the Hidden Carb calculator based on the TOTAL calories as given (not the 90 at the top), you'll probably get a very different number, maybe a more accurate one... Do remember, for the Hidden Carb calculator to work, the Calories at LEAST must be close to accurate, to get a true "net" or effective carb count approximation...
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/135/120
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Carbolite soft serve ice cream

My DH and I love this stuff. We have frozen yogurt/ice cream shops in our area that sell this, and we've become totally addicted to it. There's 3g effective carbs and 36 calories per half cup (sweetened with Spenda). We're such regular customers at one shop by our house the owner even takes our requests for different favorite flavors. We realized we're spending about $100.00 a month on it though so we have to cut down. Anybody else eat this and love it like we do?
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 09:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/112/107 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up Peanut Butter Cup Recipe

Katiesmom:

What's the name of the shop that sells that stuff? We have TCBY in our area...I wonder if they'd have it?

Also, I can't remember who posted the peanut butter cup recipe but whoever did...they oughta make you a saint!!!!!! Those things are unbelievable!!!! All you need is unsweetened chocolate, butter, splenda, peanut butter and heavy cream. They're incredible.

Thanks!

Kim
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 10:01
Registered Member

Stats: 160/135/120
BF:
Progress: 63%

The name of the shop we go to is "Yummy Yogurt" although there are independent ice cream shops that sell it too. I know Carbolite sells the mix online in big bags, and you purchase flavorings seperately or I imagine you could come up with your own. I'm just not sure how it would turn out in an ice cream maker since those soft serve machines add so much air to it.
I'd better leave those peanut butter cup things alone, my will power can't take it. That's what I love about Carbolite, low calorie as well as low carbohydrate.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 10:18

Stats: 155/112/107 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 90%
Default Peanut Butter Cups

Katiesmom:

The peanut butter cups have approximately 3.39 carbs each, and they're bigger than the infamous Reeses kind.

Kim
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 15:34

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 244/202/160 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 50%

I must second this recommendation. The Cinnamon and Chocolate flavors are fantastic. I thought the Vanilla flavor tasted a little too much like protein powder
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 19:11

Plan: Atkins/Carb Addicts
Stats: 375/303/225
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default LeCarb Ice Cream

Let me put in my 2 cents worth. It is the best low carb ice cream I have found. The chocolate almond is great and so is the lemon. It really helps on those times when you feel deprived. I higly recommend it!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-02, 16:48

Stats: 246/198/180
BF:?/35.2/31
Progress: 73%

My local Natural food stores carry something similar... made by the SAME company, in the SAME container... but its called LoCarb. I am told it is the SAME. THe only difference is the price... I was silly enough to pay $4.99 for a pint at the natural food store (the other one sells it for $3.99).

Walmart... LeCarb? $2.12!! WHOO HOO!

Sold.

PS: it tastes AWESOME!!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 19:38

Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%
Default Low carb ice cream - commercially available

Hi - can anyone provide me with any brands of commercially available low carb ice cream ( not the kind from the low carb companies that require mixes, etc)

I saw one from Eadys with 13g for half a cup of vanilla ice cream, no sugar added, with 4g sugar alochol, making the net 9g, so i figure i can half a 1/4 cup with 4.5 g.

Anyone know of any other brand with less g?

thanks
Joe
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Yossi, take a few minutes and just look down this page, there are at least 2 sets of posts about low carb ice cream already here for you to browse.

Enjoy.