Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 15:14
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I thought this was a place to share your stories and give people and idea of where you are at in life and what you do to try and keep the weight off.

This is a low carb support forum, where we encourage each other not only to lose weight, but also to improve our health.

Recommending an extremely harmful habit such as smoking is not what we are about.

Rosebud
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 15:16
Registered Member

Plan: NA
Stats: 140/130/120
BF:NA
Progress: 50%
Angry

Please stop quoting me, it's getting really annoying. Loading yourselves with fat is not something I can do, I'll have a cigarette.
Once again, if you don't agree...don't do it.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 16:27

Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Angry BRRRRR

Getting chilly in here!!! Yikes
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-02, 19:35

Stats: 170/155/120
BF:
Progress: 30%

I know what it's like to rationalize insane behavior. I did it for years! If I could convince just one other person that my smoking wasn't hurting me, maybe I could believe it myself. Fact is the idea of the pain in trying to quit, and failing one more time, was unbearable and more troublesome to me in my sick mind than actually doing the action.

I had the priviledge of witnessing a close friend die from lung cancer this last summer. It was affirmation to me that I'd rather be overweight than out of control. The man had legs the size of tree trunks. He lost a considerable amount of weight, particularly muscle mass, when he did three rounds of chemo and stereographic radiation in about 18 months. His wife lost a great deal of weight from stress and worry. Soon after his last treatment he was hospitalized for about three days before he died. The lung cancer had so ravaged his muscle tissue that his once strong legs could no longer support his body weight. So, in essence, you are totally right and have a lot to look forward to if you think that smoking is going to keep the weight off. It will do that and a lot more for you and your loved ones -- permanently.

To the rest of you that have offered your ongoing support, I thank you. I have lost 10 pounds and four dress sizes. I will remain on induction a little while longer before going to the OWL portion of Dr. Atkins program. This is the only food program that has worked for me, and I know the power of support networks and forums such as these.

I am very energized and am feeling better than I have in years! Doing weight training every other day and yoga every day that I am able to. Life is grand and everyone has something to offer, even the negative people that are caught up in their addictions. But for the Grace of God, there go I.

Peace to all!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-02, 20:14

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks for sharing that, SuNNy...

I'm still in the process of struggling to quit myself and you have given me more motivation to keep on quitting until I am successful. Congrats on your successes so far...keep it up!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 12:08

Plan: atkins/somers/whatever
Stats: 193/149/154 Female 5 foot, 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 113%

Congratualtions Sunny! I started Atkins about 2 weeks before you and have also lost 2 dress sizes from a sz 16 to a sz 12. I never would have thought it possible to wiegh 180 and be a sz 12. Doesnt it feel good?!?! It is so encouraging to see your sucess! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great holiday
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 15:25

Stats: 170/155/120
BF:
Progress: 30%

Yea Lisa!!! I would love to support you in your decision to give up smoking. It took me four attemps over two years to give up smoking for good (God willing, it's been almost three years). Most people find success after attempting to quit several times, and many people find the aid of Nicotine Replacement Thearpy tools to be extremely helpful. You can do this!!!!

Jed, congratulations to you too...yes it is amazing that I could be 160 lbs. and a size 8. Is it possible? Yes, it is. I think Stevie Nicks said Dr. Atkins is a god among men. I think there may be some truth in that, and I look forward to watching him on Larry King Live on the 6th of January!

I see I started induction on November 19th, just a few days after my last <gasp> birthday. I think I will give it until the 19th of January before I move on to OWL. I will be looking for much encouragement as I am having "carb dreams." Yea, that's when you dream you have a relapse on brownies, fried rice and pastries all in one sitting, and you are confronted with the admission of truth and having to start over from day 1.

Last edited by SuNNy6 : Wed, Dec-25-02 at 15:31.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 20:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/215/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question the new girl

Hi...umm, I have no idea what I'm doing. Is this where I introduce myself?? I'm just starting.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 20:31

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi Sholbeck!

In the Newbie's forum go to the Introduction section and start a new thread. But in advance, welcome to the forum and I'm glad you found us.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 10:26

Plan: atkins/somers/whatever
Stats: 193/149/154 Female 5 foot, 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 113%

LOL... my last "carb dream" was an entire chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (happened during PMS LOL) But, amazingly, I woke up quite satisfied!!!