Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 18:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%
Default Birthday

I was very surprised to get the birthday wishes - since my birthday is in October. So I went and checked my profile, and sure enough, the month, day, and year are all wrong! Figuring I must have messed up my profile somehow, I went to edit it - but the date is correct in there... how bizarre! Still, being instantly 6 years younger and celebrating my birthday on New Year's Eve is a plus!

If I knew how to fix thunder thighs, my friend, my life would be much better. I do know that exercising the large muscles gives you the most gains, so you might try knee bends (if your knees are ok) to work the hamstrings.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 18:56

Talking Wanna laugh?

Go to the Lighter Side forum and look under "My new name is Zippy Gizzardbreath" - it's a hoot! My new name is Pinky Liverhead.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 13:26

Stats: 162/122/107
BF:?/24%/20%
Progress: 73%

well, not so good. Haven't done crunches in a couple days and put on 1/2 pound. I knew that my slacking would come back to haunt me. I have been doing a lot of yard work though. Lifting 40lb + rocks and raking. Have 1/3 of raking done...have 2/3 to go and just started bagging. I figured this is a good upper body work out and a couple hours of raking should be good for something. Trying not to go back to old "carb" habits. I have been snitching a bite here and there. It wouldn't be so bad if I were already down to my goal....but all I am doing now is keeping me from getting to my goal by my goal date...I have been stalling for 5+ days each time and then only dropping 1 lb. I figured I need to go back to the basics. I may not be eating enough. Started this morning with a charity breakfast....friends made me eggs instead of the pancakes.

2 eggs
1 glass water
2 sausages (actullay 1 1/2 by the time my kids helped out)

1 can diet pop

It's 11am and that is all I have had. It is even more than I normally have. Going to try strictly meat, eggs, and some cheese today. And continue working in the yard. I would like to get the whole yard done by next week, which means a lot of raking, and bagging (which means lifting). Hopefully that will help. I am debating about raising my goal weight....maybe I got too excited and wanted to be too small. It kills me how my sister and I both have the same waist measurement and close to the same weight, yet she is in a 4 or less and I am stuck in a 10/12 even when I weighed a lot less than her, I never got below a 7/8. She is a bit taller than me and looks amazing. I have an hour glass figure giving my huge hips and small waist. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's hard when I have this small waist and have to wear clothes that fit my hips....3/4 sizes bigger. I'll just keep going and try not to get dissapointed if I don't get to both my goals at the same time. I think i need to post some old pics of me around the house for modivation. Ones with me bigger and one's of me at my smallest...I think my wedding. we'll see! All I can do is live one day at a time :-)
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 14:30

well, not so good. Haven't done crunches in a couple days and put on 1/2 pound. I knew that my slacking would come back to haunt me. I have been doing a lot of yard work though. Lifting 40lb + rocks and raking. Have 1/3 of raking done...have 2/3 to go and just started bagging. I figured this is a good upper body work out and a couple hours of raking should be good for something. Trying not to go back to old "carb" habits. I have been snitching a bite here and there. It wouldn't be so bad if I were already down to my goal....but all I am doing now is keeping me from getting to my goal by my goal date...I have been stalling for 5+ days each time and then only dropping 1 lb. I figured I need to go back to the basics. I may not be eating enough. Started this morning with a charity breakfast....friends made me eggs instead of the pancakes.

2 eggs
1 glass water
2 sausages (actullay 1 1/2 by the time my kids helped out)

1 can diet pop

It's 11am and that is all I have had. It is even more than I normally have. Going to try strictly meat, eggs, and some cheese today. And continue working in the yard. I would like to get the whole yard done by next week, which means a lot of raking, and bagging (which means lifting). Hopefully that will help. I am debating about raising my goal weight....maybe I got too excited and wanted to be too small. It kills me how my sister and I both have the same waist measurement and close to the same weight, yet she is in a 4 or less and I am stuck in a 10/12 even when I weighed a lot less than her, I never got below a 7/8. She is a bit taller than me and looks amazing. I have an hour glass figure giving my huge hips and small waist. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's hard when I have this small waist and have to wear clothes that fit my hips....3/4 sizes bigger. I'll just keep going and try not to get dissapointed if I don't get to both my goals at the same time. I think i need to post some old pics of me around the house for modivation. Ones with me bigger and one's of me at my smallest...I think my wedding. we'll see! All I can do is live one day at a time :-)
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 06:05

Hi!

I know what you mean about slipping back into old carb habits, that has been a problem for me too.

As for the differences between siblings, I seem to have gotten all the great health/body characteristics in the family. Of the four kids, one is near blind, may need hearing aids within the next 5 years, has reactive hypoglycemia, is from 4 to 8 inches shorter than everybody else, and has a bad back. Guess who? Oh well, gotta play the hand you're dealt, I suppose.

You're going to do fine. All those rocks will surely build up the muscles! Keep drinking your water
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 09:48

well, I did manage to get 50 crunches in the morning. I don't get it...I don't seem to have any energy. I am still trying to fight off this cold. Can't seem to catch a break at all this year.

Of the 50 crunches, 20 were leg lift combos.

I vow today to try and stick as close to induction as possible. Thought since it is cold I will make some egg drop soup for lunch. Has some carbs but not bad at all. If I have some eggs with onion and cheese for breakfast and maybe some summersausage and slices of cheese for snack and chicken for dinner. That should cover it. I know I shouldn't have so much cheese, but I really don't use all that much when I do. I will also make some cyrstal light I think. Boy this may be easy now that I have planned out what I am going to have.

I am again doing yard work today. Didn't get anything done over the weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement Catspaw....I am feeling a bit better. I have learned to accept that I most likely won't be at my goal weight by my goal date. Yet I am going to post photos anyway, I have come a long way and think it is worth posting in a month, no matter where I am at!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 09:48

well, I did manage to get 50 crunches in the morning. I don't get it...I don't seem to have any energy. I am still trying to fight off this cold. Can't seem to catch a break at all this year.

Of the 50 crunches, 20 were leg lift combos.

I vow today to try and stick as close to induction as possible. Thought since it is cold I will make some egg drop soup for lunch. Has some carbs but not bad at all. If I have some eggs with onion and cheese for breakfast and maybe some summersausage and slices of cheese for snack and chicken for dinner. That should cover it. I know I shouldn't have so much cheese, but I really don't use all that much when I do. I will also make some cyrstal light I think. Boy this may be easy now that I have planned out what I am going to have.

I am again doing yard work today. Didn't get anything done over the weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement Catspaw....I am feeling a bit better. I have learned to accept that I most likely won't be at my goal weight by my goal date. Yet I am going to post photos anyway, I have come a long way and think it is worth posting in a month, no matter where I am at!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 19:29

Default Hi

Keep a couple of things in mind - every now and then your body has to take a deep breath before it sheds some more, so that'll come across as a stall (when it might not really be one). The other thing is as you get closer to your goal weight, the rate of loss will slow down. So with those two things in mind, don't be unhappy about the weight not coming off for a bit. You'll probably get a nice drop soon.

As for getting tired, are you eating enough to keep your energy up? Take care of yourself!

Hang in there!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 20:21

Thanks for the advice and support. I think the tiredness is coming from my emune system trying to recoop. 2 weeks of being sick has really taken a toll. I am trying to increase my food intake. I am drinking more water type drinks (crystal light) figure that has a lot of water in it. I have almost polished off 2 liters today. I also made my egg drop soup, water, chicken base, and egg white. I figured that is helping me out. It is hard to break these carb habits I have slipped back into. I figure it will take a couple days to break them. Hopefully tomorrow I will be better about my exercise. Maybe i will get some crunches in tonight, although I find that I do better in the morning.

I need to watch what I eat...getting low on low carb food and pay day isn't until next wed.

anyway...I should be back on track soon!
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:16

Exclamation Take care of yourself!

Take it easy! If you had the flu and you don't fully recover you could give yourself pneumonia if you're not careful (that happened to my husband last year).
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 01:21

Default Hi

Just checking in to see if you're ok.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 19:36

I'm glad you're ok. Don't feel bad about falling off for a while, I know you'll be back in the swing of things in no time. Sometimes I go home from the store in sticker shock myself!

Besides, I still have a ways to go to catch up with you...
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 20:36

Doin' a bit better. I did finally lose the 1 lb I had gained back. I have been so busy emotionally as well as mentally. I have to catch up. I feel so overwhelmed, I don't know when to fit in my exercising. Yesterday I went grocery shopping for 4 hours at 4 different stores with both boys. I figured that was worthy enough to count for a good workout. Today I didn't do much, but plan on walking the mall and doing some other errands.

I have just felt so blah lately. Am trying to pep myself up. I did find that one of my kids musical movies was a great way to exercise, I danced and jumped around to it and it didn't even seem like a lot of work. I guess I am finding it hard to keep variety in my exercising to keep me interested. I have always needed change and even go nuts when I can't rearrange a room within a couple months.

I guess I just need to come to terms with myself and really answer the question of do I want to lose more weight?

Yes!

Do I really want it and like this woe

Somewhat...I will be glad when I reach my goal and can add in my favorites.

I know it's odd to talk to yourself, but I think by writing it down (typing it out), I can read it and realize exactly what I need to do.

Hmm, just felt a bit better when looking at my profile and notice I haven't updated my weight.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 02:17

Default Welcome back!

It got lonely around here.

Honestly, I'm glad to see you again (well, you know what I mean). I know just how you feel about change - for me one of the best parts about being in the military is that I get to change jobs about once a year and move about every 18 months. Not that you'll find a lot of people who think that's a selling point...

I'll bet you that walking with the boys is not only a great exercise, but a lot of fun for them, too. I think walks with the kids are some of my fondest memories of their babyhood.

And you're still going in the right direction - I'm jealous. All this exercising and no loss. You should see my muscles, though!

Anyway, keep the faith!
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 09:13

Default I'm Back!!!

I am Back and hopefully on track! Will drive to mail today, but am going down the hill to get some things done. I thought I might go to the mall and walk a couple laps (small mall) so a couple laps pushing the stroller will help.

Lost another pound this morning. Funny thing. My Drivers license has always said 125 since I first got it and I always kept it that way, even if I was smaller, and especially when I was bigger. hehehe I am so close to actually telling the truth. My renewal doesn't come up for another couple years, and I can't wait to change the weight on it to a smaller number for once. I am only 2 pounds away from being exactly what it says now.. YIPEEEEEE!!!!

I think I will even do some crunches today, maybe not alot because I have a lot of walking instored, but hopefully it will be enough.

Other good news...we are almost possitive now that our "baby" (our 1st dog Snoopy) is expecting (again...this make litter 4 or 5 now...) They will be due around Valentines Day and ready for homes by Easter.

Well, I better stop talking about exercising and start doing :-)