Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hi Fluffy Bear,

It's all about choices. I choose to follow a low carb eating plan, because while I might need to take some supplements, my over all health is still way better than it was on a low fat diet.

Cheers.

Rosebud

Thanks for responding. I think you are right. Just because people are on Atkins, does not mean they are eating right. I know a lot of people on Atkins who skip breakfast and I know one guy who NEVER eats any vegetables at all! Also, know some people who only eat salad with a little meat. People need to know it takes more than just cutting out sugar and flour to be healthy. Your reply made a lot of sense. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 07:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/169/135 Female 5'6
BF:25
Progress: 15%

Love it Rosebud!!! -RoseMarie
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 15:54

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 210/155/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Smile

[FONT=Arial]Hi - I'm new at this so bear with me... It's just nice to be among others who are trying to lose/keep losing!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 17:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 180/180/145 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

What a great poem. I love it! Thanks Rosebud!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 06:18
Hanging in there

Plan: Atkins
Stats: //130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks so much!!! you've answered many of my questions in one post!
Des
  #51   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 13:00

Stats: 274/266.5/170 Female 5'11"
BF:yeah
Progress: 7%

*smiles*

loved it!
It was cute and useful!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 20:17

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:

very good poem excellent
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 11:40

Stats: 336/278/145 Female 5'3
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 30%

Looks like i need some vitamins!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 06:53
Registered Member

Plan: lowcarb/my own plan
Stats: 330/328.4/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 1%

What a Wonderful poem! Cute and informative! Right to the point! Thanks Rosebud!!

Have a good day!
~*Lisa*~
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 140/140/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Cute poem!!!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 07:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 157/154/128 Female 66 inches
BF:33.6
Progress: 10%

Hey I really like that. Entertaining and informative

Lynn
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 08:29

Plan: my own, atkin's-like
Stats: 200/200/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Excellent poem, very informative, and catchy!
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 15:56

Stats: 255/255/165 Female 5' 7 1/2
BF:
Question

Quote:
Feeling somewhat dizzy?
Potassium you need.

Well....I am on 3rd day now and lemme tell you I almost fell over in the grocery store today, and literally fell into a wall last night. In the a.m. prior to b'fast I have been taking a multi vitamin, all natural b-complex, vitamin c, potassium, and an essential oil capsule (some kind of omega 3 plus others). So....can somebody give me a suggestion to ward off the vertigo and headache
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 18:55
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by divvy
Well....I am on 3rd day now and lemme tell you I almost fell over in the grocery store today, and literally fell into a wall last night. In the a.m. prior to b'fast I have been taking a multi vitamin, all natural b-complex, vitamin c, potassium, and an essential oil capsule (some kind of omega 3 plus others). So....can somebody give me a suggestion to ward off the vertigo and headache

Hiya Divvy,

First of all, I wouldn't take your vitamins before breakfast. Multivitamins, essential oils, and especially potassium will work better if you take them with food. I personally find a multivite makes me feel terrible if I have it on an empty tum.

How much potassium are you taking? You may need to supplement with about 400mg daily. I use the potassium salt, No Salt, and just sprinkle it on my food.

It may help you to start a journal here. That way you can (if you wish) keep track of what you are eating, and others will call in to offer advice and encouragement.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. Unfortunately a headache seems to be part of the deal as you withdraw from carbs. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Rosebud
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 08:22

Stats: 255/255/165 Female 5' 7 1/2
BF:
Quote:
Hiya Divvy,

First of all, I wouldn't take your vitamins before breakfast. Multivitamins, essential oils, and especially potassium will work better if you take them with food. I personally find a multivite makes me feel terrible if I have it on an empty tum.

How much potassium are you taking? You may need to supplement with about 400mg daily. I use the potassium salt, No Salt, and just sprinkle it on my food.

It may help you to start a journal here. That way you can (if you wish) keep track of what you are eating, and others will call in to offer advice and encouragement.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. Unfortunately a headache seems to be part of the deal as you withdraw from carbs. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Rosebud

Thanks Rosebud for your quick and kind response.

I will try tomorrow to take my vitamins after b'fast or lunch even and see if it helps. I am unsure how much potassium I am taking at the moment because it's at home & I'm at work, but I have noted the 400mg and will compare when I get home later.

I am also going to try and start a journal here (I just have to discipline myself to stick with writing it) , I can imagine being honest & having to put it out there for others to look at will help, and it certainly can't hurt.

Hopefully today will be better....Yesterday was B-A-D I literally broke down in tears on my drive home from work. I think I may have picked a poor time to start this WOL again. I just recently quit smoking and am in the process of trying to change jobs as I hate the one I currently have. Also, 2nd day I began Atkins I got my monthly female visitor. Needless to say I unleashed all of my troubles, anxieties and withdrawls on my poor mother last night. Thank god for a helping ear...She got me through that moment. I was thinking I am so glad for this forum as it's a great support system. There should be some kind of support group like they have in AA.....Yeesh this is tough stuff!