Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 08:49

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%
Default Hey bblondie, got another turkey leg LOL

JO, bblondie,
Please read previous reply if you haven't so you'll know what's going on.....
Hey JO...BEAUTIFUL family All smilie. You still need to do a pic on here too! ( hope its easier 4 u )
a.m. 1/2 pot coffee/cream
1 hard boiled egg
6oz tuna/mayo on romaine w/cucumber and roma tomatoes
20 oz. water
more coffee/cream
GT

Last edited by greentea : Tue, Sep-10-02 at 09:19.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 10:34

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Oooooo...

so mean. Have not done an avatar yet...not looking forward to it. When I get my new pictures back I will give it may best shot...should be done Friday or so. You guys patient enough for that.

Had to be at work at 8am this morning. Brought yogurt and coffee with me. Also macadamia nuts and sodas and peanuts for various snacks through the day. I am going to go to the market deli for lunch. See how that works out. Thinking I will do my shopping at lunch time, it's not too hot here...high today 72 degrees...so the food ought to be safe. Nice and sunny but not baking. Where in Idaho are you BB? I just moved to the west side of WA a year ago from Spokane so you could be like right next door to friends and family!

While looking through recipes yesterday I found one for Schezuan Tofu...think I am going to get the stuff to make that...sounds really good. Will sit here at my desk and make a grocery list between phone calls! Talk at you all later...

Jo
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 11:38

Talking not mean, just demanding

Since bblondie did her pic
I like seeing who I'm typing too.
I could print yours out I guess
I can wait, will probably take me that long too.
oh, just heard we're on Orange alert...anyone remember
what that color means????
What are your JObs JO??? They need any help? lol.
The area you live in sounds nice....more to offer.
Going to work at 5:00. Already thinking about what to eat before I go.
I wish I could find SF pudding. Did your husband make that tapiocia, JO?
What did you have for lunch bblondie?
check in tonight
oh, started a new thread...can you find it lol
Printed out your recipies JO, Thanks!
greentea

Last edited by greentea : Tue, Sep-10-02 at 11:48.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 12:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/137/128
BF:

i'm just outside Boise in Meridian. I moved here from Denver about 6 years ago. Do you know anyone in Boise? Seems like such a small town. Everyone know someone you know.

What is Orange alert? Not a clue. Changing prof. again GT?
Today so far I had pepperoni and cheese dipped in blue cheese for breakfast. I know sounds bad but wanted something quick and easy. Oh and I had some of my choc cheesecake. What a breakfast!! I went to get some nuts for a snack and they were GONE from my hiding spot!! I called my DH and he said he was trying to "help" by hiding them. I wanted to reach thru the phone and ring his neck. So little things we are able to eat, for him to take away one I was ready to committ murder. I would have been surely justified when the jurors heard I was doing LC.

Haven't had lunch yet but planning a salad and some more choc cheesecake. Actually I think I do better with no sweets at all. I go overboard on this kind of stuff. But of course I will finish it.

Schezuan tofu sounds good. let us know how it turns out.
GT, did u say a Dr. Pepper? Full strenth?? Did u cheat GT? That's a first. You are human.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 12:13

BF:
Default Alert???

Who's on alert? The COUNTRY?! Jeez. We better not talk politics. though. Worse than religion at this juncture! My guess is orange is the alert right beofre RED. In the military (DH retired AF) the use alpha, delta, etc. Again, don't know levels except the most serious. Can't wait for lunch so I can go listen to the radio and see what is up.

i am eating macadamia nut right now for a snack. tasty...almost like candy!

He has not made the pudding yet. the market there doesn't have SF pudding? Will see if I can find a recipe for you. Used ta be...jello wasn't yet invented and folks make all puddings from scratch.

Will finish answering your questions later...gotta make a shopping list before lunch!

Jo
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 12:19

Default More than human

Its DH's fault
He drove off with my 20oz water
so at work had a DR. Pepper...OKAY, OKAY...i had two (oops)
I'm sure I've peed them both out and am on my 3rd 20 oz. water today! I don't cheat...I merely slip (lol)
greentea
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 21:48

Talking YAhoooooooy

Hey ladies it's Day 4 where is everybody....
out making pumpkin and wine
Am going to weigh myself tomorrow, I hope....at school.
Long night at work, going to dream land and try to
get up early enough to eat a breakfast of some significance.
Congrats to us
greentea
HA HA.. with the time difference I get to day4 before you....
I love it

Last edited by greentea : Tue, Sep-10-02 at 21:55.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 05:18

Default Get GO-ing Girls

WHERE ARE YOU GOS!!!!
WAKE UP the day is on
Hey JOJO, you can talk to me about anything.....I thrive on
diversity Hate when I'm surrounded by everyone that thinks and looks the same Good thing about this fourm is that there are so many different plans and opinions from so many different places.
Well, don't know how I'll celebrate day 4. Maybe a bottle of wine?
Think Merlot would be too strong since I've been grapeless so long. Any suggestions I don't like white. Gives me headaches.
Time for school.
Talk to ya all later
greentea
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 07:29

BF:
Default I'm here but not happy!

Ok you guys, I'm not really sure what to do now. I gained 2 pounds and I'm so frustrated. What the shell do I have to do to loose a little weight around here!! I felt like I really did stick to it. I had 10 grapes! Shoot me! I just don't have the staying power to go back and do the Atkins induction again. HELP!!

GT, what about champagne!! That is my favorite thing in the world.
How did u guys do?? Better news I hope.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 09:11

BF:
Default Report day 3 and thinking of the future...

Well, my day three was ok. A little more boring than others...I was in a hurry all day!

Yogurt coffee cream sweet'ner for breakfast

Snacked on diet soda and macadamia nuts

Lunch was roast turkey from the deli and pry 2 cups of veggies with with ranch dressing.

Came home and snacked on pork rinds and more soda.

Caved to a donut hole at the grocery store.
But got lots of good food for the week. I plan menues and shopping lists and DH cooks most days.

DH cooked dinner while I went to choir practice. It was DELICIOUS!! Italian sausage with red and green peppers, onions and garlic...he forgot to put in the fresh italian herbs but it was still tasty! I was hungry for something sweet, but the kitten wouldn't tell me what to eat, so I just went to bed instead! I was tired last night.

GT said Hey JOJO, you can talk to me about anything.....I thrive on
diversity

JO says: GT!!! Are you UNITARIAN????
How 'bout you BB? Can you take controversy and odd people and opinions?? Since you seem to hang tight with GT I'm guessing you probably can! Ok, sometime we will talk!!!

GT, I am h aving a glass of wine tonite...red, I think it is a shivaz, cabernet blend. One glass...about half a cup...if you drink it with your meal you can handle it. I have FAITH IN YOU!

BB said Ok you guys, I'm not really sure what to do now. I gained 2 pounds and I'm so frustrated. What the shell do I have to do to loose a little weight around here!! I felt like I really did stick to it. I had 10 grapes! Shoot me! I just don't have the staying power to go back and do the Atkins induction again. HELP!!

I could go on and on about this so I will try not to. You don't have a lot to lose BB, and those little bits are often harder to get rid of than the 40 lbs that I have to lose. I personally think Atkins is not a healthy way to eat...little fiber veggies and no fruit. Can you do that for your whole life to avoid gaining back what you do manage to lose, if not gaining more? I am not on a diet. I am working out a lifestyle change. Were you happier with what you had to eat these last few days? The TRANSITION actually is seven days and now you learn to add fiber, good healthy fats, and get your nutrition though your foods (five servings of veggies and also some fruit) and of course the yogurt. Read that whole Chapter that you can print form the website. I did not gain, but i didn't go down either. My guess is you may have eaten more GOOD FOOD then you have in awhile, that would make you gain a couple of pounds. Maybe you could determine to give this a week or two week trial or longer...see what happens in a longer term. I wouln't recommend going back to Atkins. But if you do, a strict induction is what you will need to do probably. That's all my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

So...off to have coffee with a friend, and then to go for a run. Skipping yoga today. Tired of yoga I think...need to work on my own practice at home. Talk to you guys later. What are you doing to recognizze the anniversary of our...what...I don't even know what to call it!!! May go to a candlelighting tonite, but just thinking aobut it...shit. (go ahead...censor me!)

Jo
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 09:48

BF:

I'm am so jealous of both your husbands cooking!! I need to find me one of them!

Controversy? I have absolutly no problem with that, in fact lI ike diversity. My political views are conservative. I'm a strong republican. I love Bush and was a huge fan of Ronald's! I could go on for a week about how much discust I have with Clinton! Wanna fight?? I was raised sort of catholic but am not practicing. I seem to have a problem with organized religion but have a strong belief.

You guys have a glass of wine for me because I can't celebrate. After weighing myself I downed a couple handfulls of Life cereal.

Locajo I will stick with it. I agree it's not a diet but a way of life. I need to go to lower fat and more vegis. After saying that, I'm going to go get ready to take my daughter to lunch at McDonalds!!
I just worked out and had no energy.

Tomorrow is another day!
BB

Last edited by bblondie : Wed, Sep-11-02 at 16:04.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 14:28

Default Come on bblondie

you can celebrate...Guess what I forgot to weigh myself...
Tomorrow I guess. bblondie stick with it, JO is right (naturally)
makes a lot of sense You start eating a little less fat
and I think that will help... you're probably a lot like me
Can't believe its already time for me to get going to work.
Will get back to this tonight.
GT
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 15:37

BF:

Gt, no comment on politics or religion?? Uh oh, do we differ. You being a school teacher I could bet you are a liberal. Am I correct?

I got tired of seeing my picture on this thread all by itself. So I'm tweety until I get some company.

Last edited by bblondie : Wed, Sep-11-02 at 20:29.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 21:48

Default BOOOOOO bblondie

You not only know how to put it on you can take it off!!!! That was unnecessary... I'm trying!
Will have more time on the weekend to work on it.
Didn't even have time to do e-mail today.....I will try tomorrow.
If I send something then you should just be able to reply.
I'll get into religion and politics but not at midnight.... you know I'm all mouth on the weekends. But to apease you for just a moment or two...in short, I was a republican for years then I became independent, not that I would vote Independent....just that I don't vote by party anymore. (make sense ) anyway...I just ate a cheeseburger without the cheese or bun and some cottage cheese.
At work (8:30p.m.) had yogurt, string cheese, jello. Lots of water today and one diet sprite for the ride home from school. I wish they sold water in that machine! Teachers Liberal
I only belong to the NEA and OEA cause they insure me for 1,000,000 $$ LOL.....and my car insurance is cheap
Where's JO? Drinking that wine I bet. Wish I were in WA right now
I'll weigh in tomorrow and e the results It may ruin my day. Have to sleep ladies.....a.m. comes way to soon.
Hey Jo, UNITARIAN...have a church up the street and their building another huge one. Good friends go there . Motorcycle buddies COOL
greentea
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 23:01

BF:
Default Liberal...Libertarian...Unitarian...Earth Religionist

Yikes...all of a sudden I feel alone in the world.

NAH...just joking. Not about the title, but about feeling alone. But I do argue nice , so if you're wanting to argue we can try that! One of my best friends and I had a VERY difference of opinion on legalization of marijuana...no I do not partake...Liberal, not loaded! It was a great discussion...though I worried for a couple days that she didn't like me anymore! But she does. so everything came out alright!

DH made the szechuan recipe...oh BOY...spicy and DEEEE licious We will make it again with chicken or pork instead of tofu...although the tofu is good. Had diet soda with cream in it...like Thai Iced Tea, only not. Takes the burn away...man it was good...cleared my sinuses and warmed me up!

I don't know when I can get a avatar up. See what happens tomorrow. Maybe I will go print instructions right now since I haven't got a clue.
I did find some more recent photos though so at least I have something to work with.

I am getting a manicure and pedicure tomorrow morning. My very FIRST one ever. I have great nails, long and strong, just not much of a girlie girl but I want to treat myself and nail polish and pampering seems like a good idea!

Went for a 40 minute run this morning...actually a bootcamp workout...run and do some weightlifting moves using your own bodyweight. Lunges, jumps, tricep dips, push ups...then some stretching and it felt soooo good!

That's it...I'm going to bed. My butt hurts from the lunges and I am tired. See y ou tomorrow.

Jo