Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 11:01

Plan: Basic lo-carb/High Protein
Stats: 278/229/190
BF:
Progress:
Question How much exercise is everyone doing? (just curious)

Hola,
I am just wondering how much exercise everyone is doing? (days per week/what forms of exercise etc.)

I have been low carbing for a good while now (and keeping too low of fat/calorie intake). As some of you know, I am tweaking my diet to make it more "Atkins style"...IE. increasing Fat/calories & strictly keeping under 20gms of carbs. In doing this I have been so darn lazy... Hard to get to the gym this week... Anyhow, I was just wondering what you guys are doing & what kind of loss have you been seeing per week...I WILL go to the gym today, I WILL go to the gym today etc ....Have a good one!

Spike
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 11:17

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Spike,

I have been on the Atkin's Diet since April 23 of this year. As of today I have lost 20 pounds.

I walk for 30-40 mins every other day. (Depends on my work schedule)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 11:23

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking Hi Spike

I'm on atkins also. Before I got sick {head cold} I was doing the pool about once a day and biking every other day. I started April 1 with a 25 lb. lose...but I'm at a stand still right now with being sick. Atkins encourages a lot of fat due to the fact that's where your energy comes from. I know that if I don't take enough fat in I will feel sluggish...and my weight lose will slow. But then again...that’s me.
Good luck!

#4   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 03:33
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I TRY to go to aerobics 2-3 times a week and I TRY to do my callanetics tape every evening. I used to get down on myself if I didn't do things everyday, but moderation is better than nothing!

Karen

#5   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 06:04

Plan: Basic lo-carb/High Protein
Stats: 278/229/190
BF:
Progress:

cool...It's kind of strange but, I have taken this week off from the gym any I jumped on the scale this morning...3lb loss from last Friday!!??? (I weigh no more than once a week) ...go figure...but hey, I'm not complaining right? Anyhow, I'll try to get back into the gym starting this weekend... Who knows, maybe it's because I have been eating some real food instead of protein shakes?...But, on a down note, I have not seen any change yet on the keto-stix... I have been deadly strict on not going above 20gms of carb since monday. I know it's no big deal, but...I'd LOVE to see that sucker turn purple!!! When I did the Atkins a yr-yr & 1/2 ago, I had the same problem...oh well

Have a good weekend,
Spike
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 06:44

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

hehehe Congrats on your 3 pound loss!

Didn't we tell you, that you weren't eating enough.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 07:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

congratulations on the 3lb loss spike! that's great. last time i lost well on atkins, i never went above the second pink. i kept my carbs low as well. don't obsess over the keto-stix. let the scales and your clothes tell the story.
i do ab work everyday, because i have sciatica and ab work keeps it under control. i only devolped sciatica when i gained weight from eating low fat! i do resistance training 3 times a week. it's not a very long routine. it only takes me 15 minutes, but i've been doing it faithfully for over a year. i also walk my dog, homer, most days. that's my aerobic exercise. he sets a pretty quick pace!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 09:20

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

I do tons of exercise! Actually, I really like to exercise (most of the time). I know---something is wrong with me! I love the elliptical machine at my gym. I do that for about 30 mins a day. I also ride the bike. I play basketball all the time too! (my boyfriend has yet to beat me one-on-one)

Congrats on the 3 lb. loss!!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-31-01, 18:35

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default ah-ha!

Ouch! Yes, it's true ... she kicks my butt, she's really good ...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 07:43
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 125/115/118120
BF:
Progress:
Default Workouts

I lift 5 days a week, do aerobics 5-6 days a week, yoga to stay limber 5 days a week. Plus all the other running around I do with the children 7 days a week.

The pic below isn't very clear but hey I've come a long way!

Susie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 97.jpg (3.4 KB, 309 views)
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 08:28
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Susie, are you sure you have children

You look maaahvelous. Congrats on your success. Tell us more, what was your nutritional plan like?

Did I mention you look great?!? Any before pics?

Wa'il (drooling)
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Thanks for the nice compliment and
Yes, I'm sure I've given birth 3 times! lol

Their ages are 8, 6, 3.

I tried the Atkins diet but it made me very tired and I can't afford that with three children.

So what I did what scratch out everything made with flour, starchy carbs, and sugar. Added weigthlifting, aerobics 5-6 days a week and of course 1-2 cheat days per week and the fat just came off. Within a month there was a noticeable difference.
I have just started a thermogenic product to help me lose the last few pounds that seem to want to stick to me.

I'll try to find a before pic and post it.
Exercising helps to relieve stress and get me energized for the day.

If anyone needs motivation for exercising get a copy of Oxygen and Muscle & Fitness Hers magazines.
It tells you everything you need to know plus the pictures are an incentive all their own.

Susie
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 19:19
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Susie,

Seems like you stumbled on something similar to CKD by accedent? Low-carbing in general, and carbing 2 days a week, plus weights and cardio.

Wa'il
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-01, 06:31
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default CKD

If that's what it's called!
Like Arnold Swarchznegger(sp?) once said, white flour is the enemy, or something along that line!

What can I say I'm an Arnold fan as well as any other bodybuilder and fitness buffs out there right now. Although I do think the women in fitness are getting a little too big. There starting to look like light weight bodybuilders.

Any body else noticed this?

Susie
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-01, 19:51

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Susie...

You look great!!! What was your starting weight? I read your profile and it said 118...and now your 125...That would have to be lean muscle mass!!
LRRAINE