* Board name and real world name (if you care to share); Ruth in both worlds
* Age and SEX (again "Yes Please" does not count here); 43 female
* LC Start date; March 26 2001
* Married, single, other; single
* City, County /Hemisphere Vancouver BC
* Occupation (# 1 MOM, # 1 secretary, # 1 boss, # 1 sofa surfer): Telecommunications customer service rep
* Kids, pets, pests; none, however am auntie to 20 of own nieces, nephews & at least 30 "adopted" ones.
* Current Low Carb status (ie losing, maintenance, would kill for a visit from the whoosh fairy); Gee, whoosh fairy has disappeared after my 1st wk on Atkins. Currently losing very slowly, but I feel triumphant to have maintained my current weight loss (22 lbs) during a very stressful time of unpleasant changes at my office
AND FOR FUN........
* Favourite low carb food; bacon
* Favourite non-low carbfood; chocolate
* Food you can't live without on Low carb; cheese
* Favorite type of exercise; if I HAVE to choose one, it is walking
* If you could be paid for the thing you most like to do what would it be?; Be an auntie, spoil lots of kids of all ages & have the necessary $$. The best part is sending the darlings home, no 24x7 for me
* Person you'd most like to meet currently living; Can't think of anyone
* What are you currently reading; Carbohydrate Addicts Diet; After reading Atkins & Diabetes Solution 3 times I still have an obsession to learn more about LC WOL
* What's your favourite movie; and .... all time favourite = Anne of Green Gables; latest comedy = Bridget Jone's Diary
* Just anything else you'd like to share.
I've got a real feeling of relief & freedom from food now that I've found the LC WOE. Probably because I feel in control of food, rather than food & my appetite controlling me. Anyone else relate to this? hehe
Even when the scale seems stuck on a number, I'm not pressuring myself with the thoughts of "failing the diet" since this is truly a lifestyle change. Self-condemnation re weight & diet is such an easy trap for me to fall into (sigh) BUT now I can relax because I'll be eating this way for the rest of my life. Kudos & thanks to others who have shared about LC being a "life-style" not a diet, they have helped me to re-think food & diet then adopt this attitude.
Diabete report: sugars have come down below 7; for the 1st 8 weeks they were above 7 (without glyburide) and I wasn't comfortable with that. Whooo hooo. My old "bod" is becoming less insulin resistant. This is as big a milestone as losing 20 lbs
I've rambled on enough for now. Hope everyone is having a good day!