Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 02:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Alice
Yes, don't worry dear! Can you take your measurements? I was a size 16 when I started this diet. I had a 16 blazer that I couldn't button, and I STILL can't button it after losing this weight!!!!! I am still in a 16. I have tried 14s on in the store but I can't fit into them yet. I guess it all takes time, but sometimes I am really impatient!!!

It still feels like summer down south here. Our pool is still open for a couple more weeks.

Take care,
S
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 02:15

BF:

ps
I only measure once a month
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 17:42

BF:

Alice, I was wondering; are you feeling any better? I sure hope so.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 08:30

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%

Hi Sandy, So sorry to worry you! I didn't mean too. Sorry

Yesterday,we had 10 rooms to clean,then the lawn needed cutting so I did that, but the noise gave me a headache and I went to bed...took some pills, and next thing I knew it was morning. I missed supper and the entire evening.

As for the depression, I think it is lifting...... I didn't have any crying jags yesterday!!

I think we are close to the same size. Your size 16 I believe is a size 18 in Canada. I wear size 18 in pants and size 20w in tops. I am a little top heavy.

Enjoy that summer weather.. winter comes too soon sometimes. I enjoy cozying up to the fireplace in the winter, but I love the warm sunshine and hot summer days. Have a dip in your pool for me!!

Hugs
Alice
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 18:19

BF:

I was only a teeny bit worried

Sheesh, Alice, I did my calories today on FitDay.
2144 calories and 38 grams carbs!!! What a pig! I know it is near my TOM though.

xoxox
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 08:26

Holy Cow, Sandy, WOW I just looked at your stats and you are down to 153!! Congratulations!! That is so wonderful!!!! When did that happen?

Looks like eating all those calories made a great difference!! If eating like that makes you lose weight..... wow.

We got our first real Frost here this morning.I call it Real, because it is the first frost that is on our roofs. Yuck, that means winter is definately on its way. I will have to pull all the tomatoes out of our green house, as we dont have it heated.

Congrats on the weight loss Sandy!! You are doing so terrific!!

luv
Alice
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 12:21

BF:

((((((Alice, hi!)))))))

it's crazy, isn't it? About eating all those calories and losing weight? I guess it's from not eating any junk like bread or refined carbohydrates. Who the heck knows? It might be from the CoQ10 supplement or the vitamins. It sure isn't from exercise because I have been so lazy. It's pretty much been a steady one pound a week. Thanks for the cheerleading! !

Frost? FROST???? As in Frosty the Snowman? WOW!!!!! I saw a river birch today with leaves turning yellow. That's the first fall I have seen. I ripped out my window boxes and planted mums and pansies.

Take care, hope the Paxil is kicking in by now,
Hugs
Sandy
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 18:38

Sandy

You are doing so well. Might be a combination of all those good vitamins and good foods that you are eating!! Way to go!!

I still haven't lost any weight, but I am still eating the right foods. I am tempted sometimes, but I run for meat or cheese!! I am very very happy that I am not gaining any weight!!!

Yep, like frosty the snowman frost. Brrrrr. Too cold for me. My DH loves the winter, and I love the summer. Good thing we have the four seasons here.

I believe the paxil has finally kicked in. I feel so much better now. So, I just have to concentrate on Atkins WOE so I can see why I am not losing weight and do something about it!!

Hugs
Alice
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 19:00

BF:

Oh honey I am so glad you are feeling better!!!!

I was a real jerk this weekend. I now weigh 155!!! Up 2 pounds. I went out with a friend last night and had 6 glasses of wine and 1 Michelob Ultra low carb beer. Yikes!!!!!!!!!! I think my bad eating is catching up with me, so I am going to have to really be careful.
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 08:24

Sandy,

You are only human, don't call yourself a jerk. You're not.

Sounds like you had a good time with your friend.

The 2 pounds are probably water weight, so if you drink a ton of water it will disappear shortly!!

I still haven't lost anything, and I am afraid to measure, as none of my clothes feel bigger. Oh well.

Made a protien shake the other day, and put it in the fridge as I had to take care of some customers, when I got back to it later, it was super thick. Made it with heavy cream. So, instead of eating it right away, I stuck it in the freezer. I'll let you know if it makes good ice cream!!!

Hugs
Alice
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 14:25

BF:

(((((Alice))))))
I DID have a good time with my friend. This is my girlfriend from years ago that I rarely see - maybe once a year. So I guess partying is okay if it is once in a blue moon

Ooooooh the ice cream sounds so good! Even if you threw it in the blender with a few ice cubes that might be nice!!! And totally legal!

It's Amy's 17th birthday ltoday so I took her out to dinner last night. I was very good; only had a tofu salad and some sashimi without rice - it was a Japanese place. I am trying to behave better food wise. Have you found you still have a weight gain during that time of mointh?

I have heard some people here say they don't because of the diet, but I feel just as bloated as usual.

Take care
Sandy
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 08:43

Sandy,

Give Amy my Happy Birthday wishes!!!

Japanese food, yummers, I haven't had any for years, we don't have a resturant close enough for me to go to. Bummer. Glad to see that you can eat there and behave with your food.

Tried the "ice cream" Not bad at all. I just had a little taste,not the weather for it now. Still getting frosts in the morning.

Yes, I get bloated with TOM, and cranky and migraines. This way of eating hasn't changed it much at all, and of course I am due any day now. Waaaaaa.

Hope you have a great day
Alice
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:14

BF:

Hi Alice
Me too!!! Waaaaaaaaah, that is. I'm not so cranky this time, just bloated. I 'll tell Amy you said Happy Birthday, thanks! Doesn't it feel strange to have your kids out of the house? Is the little one in college?
It's 94 degrees and 100% humidity out. Feels like summertime!!

Take care!!!!!
Sandy
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 08:21

Sandy,

Looks like we might have some summer back, it was really warm yesterday 85 degrees....thank goodness!

Yes, it does feel strange to have the kids out of the house, only one went to college, the others didn't want to, and went straight out to work. The empty nest syndrome is real, I really miss them. At least one lives close by and I see her at least twice a week.

I gained a pound and a half, but that is TOM. Thank goodness that goes away fast.

I get farm fresh eggs and the guy that I get them from, gave me six for free, as they were tiny tiny little eggs. Almost too cute to crack!! I did anyway and boy were they good.

Hugs
Alice
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 18:58

BF:

Hi hon,
At least I am not the only one pounds up from TOM! Maybe we'll both get it tomorrow, I HOPE!!!!!!!

I think you gave us your cool weather. Today was sooooo nice. In the 70's and sunny. Perfect autumn weather. I had a long day today - I started work at 4:30 a.m. and finished at 6 p.m.!!! I was driving these businessmen around all day in Chicago. They were having all the 9/11 ceremonies so it was really crowded and loaded with policemen.

Oooooh those eggs sound adorable. I bet fresh eggs taste fantastic. I know fresh chicken is great. My ex inlaws had a farm in Connecticut.

Welll, gotta go wash the hair dye off!!!
Sandy