Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 15:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

****************A L I C E ******************
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
Hooray, girl, you are well into the 70's!!!!!
Way to go

The relatives! They don't get it. I know exactly what you mean. My sister has been staying here with us for about 3 weeks. She is the nicest person in the world, but she is very overweight, and has been her whole life. I don't know what she weighs but she wears a 4x. For me the overweight thing is fairly recent.

My sister has recently been told she has diabetes. I can't even get her to read Atkins. She said some high fat diet she tried in the 70's caused her to get gall blader attacks and have to get it removed. I know she can see how good I feel. Like you, I am constantly telling everyone how much energy I have and how good I feel. My appetite is pretty much back to normal. I lost one pound in the last week or two. IT"S BETTER THAN GAINING A POUND, RIGHT? My one little slip up has been that every few days I buy a Dr. Atkins chocolate peanut butter low carb bar. I just love those - I probably would be better off cheating with a piece of fruit, but somehow it feels legal because it is Atkins

That cold weather sounds strange! It cooled of here today but still is shorts weather.

Have a fantastic weekend
Sandy
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 08:33

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! You are such wonderful support!!!!

Isn't it funny how family can see the results and yet still won't try this WOE?

Yesterday, I cleaned a full motel (with help) then after lunch mowed the lawn, then after dinner went golfing. If that isn't terrific energy I don't know what is. My daughter is almost convinced... she said that maybe she should eat like I am... and now wants to really read the book. She loves this energy I have, and wants some for herself.

Sorry to hear that your sister is diagnosed with Diabetes. Not nice at all. It is a shame she won't read the book, and try the diet. You just keep on showing her how well this works!!!

Yes losing one pound is definately better than gaining!!!! Congrats...you go girl!!

Yummers that chocolate peanut butter bar sounds so good. I haven't been near a store that carries them....glad because I could easily pig out on that!

Take care
Alice
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 16:45

BF:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by alice 2002
[B]Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! You are such wonderful support!!!!

Well that's how I feel about you too!!! I am so glad to have you for a friend.

That is totally incredible energy - to clean a whole motel, mow the lawn, then play golf!!!! Isn't that fantastic!!!! And because you are working up such a sweat I bet you are building muscle and burning calories.

I never had this much energy either, Alice. Today I walked the dog for an hour - we walked all the way up to the beach at Lake Michigan, and the dog swam. I tried to walk fast - I just hate running. I think it's from all the years I smoked. I just got done swimming in the pool and still feel energetic! I may go to the movies tonight.

Yes maam, the Atkins chocolate peanut butter bar is almost as good as a Reese's peanut butter cup!!! Since I am in the car almost all day, it's easy to stop in a store and grab a bar. I have to NOT do that next week All the grocery stores and pharmacies have them.

I added up all my inches and I think I have lost one inch total. Not too good but at least it's something.
Well take care, buddy!!!!!
Sandy
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 08:24

Hi Sandy.. sorry I didn't write before this, my business is really hopping right now, and between that and my relatives visiting,
(and reading over my shoulder) I haven't had time to type.

Walking on the beach for an hour, wow, that is great. Walkiing on sand is harder than walking on the road, so that would be an excellent work out. Enjoy that terrific energy. Swimming first before the walk...Super you go girl!!!

Congrats on the inch!!!! That is wonderful!! Way to go!!!

I stepped on the scale, and taadaaaa.... another pound gone!!

My daughter asked me last night if I had lost more weight because I am getting so slim. That was what made me go check the scale.

No more Atkins bars??? You are very very strong. Especially if they taste that great...to not buy any in the next week. What terrific will power!!

Take care Friend!
Alice
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 18:43

BF:

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
Hooray!!!!!!!
Fantastic on losing 12 pounds already. Hearing you look slim from your daughter - you know they never lie My daughter says I look thinner but I still don't feel like I look different in the mirror yet.

I am happy you are so booked! That's wonderful that business is good. Well this weekend I should have a house full of relatives looking over my shoulder, so I will know what you are talking about!

Take care,
Sandy
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 21:43

Hi Sandy.... Thanks for the wonderful encouragement!!!! I sure need it.

The relatives are finally gone. As much as I love them, I am glad.

They are both well meaning people, but... well they became the food police, the exercise police and my work police. Acting like they knew it all, and I haven't a clue. When really its the other way around.

I guess its hard for them to realize that I am all grown up!!!

How are you doing with your eating and exercise?

I am still eating well... but I dropped the exercise the last few days, as it was getting difficult to do...with the relatives watching.

Also now it that TOM, and I don't want to exercise... I want to just curl up under a blanket and read a tear jerker story.

I decided to not be too hard on myself and start the exercise weight program again on Monday.

Hugs
Alice
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 08:27

Hi Sandy, sorry for going on about my relatives.... I guess with my TOM I get a little cranky. Sorry

Didn't just sit around ... I actually went to Aquafit last night. Glad I did. Feel much better.

We sold all our rooms last night, so I will be busy with cleaning all morning.

Hope all is well with you!

Take care
Alice
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 08:32

BF:

Hi Alice!!!!!!
I sure know that crabby cranky feeling when I would love to pull the covers over my head and tell the world to go F itself!!!!!!

Glad to hear you still got some exercise at Aquafit. I want to go swimming in the pool this morning with my kids if they ever wake up!!! It is sooooo good to have Ben here - I haven't seen him since last summer when I went to California for his graduation from University of California.

I'm back down to 157. It's funny - the week before my TOM, I was 157, 158, 158.5, 159, 158.5, 157
Water really bloats us!!!

We have to go to my great-niece's first birthday party today. That is why my mom came in from Florida. And my son came in to see all of us. I wish he was staying longer than a weekend!!! He wants to take us to buy a new computer today. He is 23 and already is making a lot of money, I guess, as a computer programmer. Sheesh, I wish I was making half as much as he does, but I don't even have a college degree.

Sorry I went on so long, Alice!

Glad you had a full house last night!!!!!! I hope you made a lot of $$$$$$

xoxox
Sandy
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 08:34

BF:

p.s.
About going to Aquafit - I notice that when I am crabby and exercise is the LAST thing I feel like doing, that if I actually do exercise, even so much as to go for a 5 minute brisk walk, I feel so much better.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 08:17

Hi Sandy, so glad for you that you got to see your son! How wonderful that he came for a visit.

How was your Great Niece's first birthday party? I hope all had a good time.

Glad to hear you got your weight back down. Isn't that something..what TOM does to us? Not fair.

Did you get a new computer? How sweet of your son to buy you one. Isn't that amazing... only 23 and has a great job that pays so well. Where were those jobs when we were his age?

Motel has been so busy, hardly had time to do anything else.

Had a bridal shower to go to on Saturday night. My LCing wasn't too great. They had pizza, so I ate the toppings. They also were serving wine. I had 1/2 glass of white, then added 7 up to it, and drank that. Then the cake, well, when you are handed a piece of the cake, you really can't refuse in front of at least a dozen other people, so I took it, ate a bit of the cake, and finished off the icing.

All that sugar... now I have sugar cravings. I am suffering from my stupid eating. I am trying to stay strong and not cave in for more sweets. I hope you did better at the birthday party.

Hugs
Alice
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 18:59

BF:

Hi Alice, honey! I missed you. It was fantastic having my son here. I am sad he left already. My mom on the other hand is a giant pain in the rear! It's not her fault, she is just old

Oh boy I blew it with food! I put out bowls of chicken soup with matzoh balls - homemade by me. Matzoh balls are a Jewish version of big dumplings. I ate 'em without even thinking that they had carbs!!!!!!! Ooooops

I did okay at my great-niece's birthday party. I just didn't eat! There wasn't much I could have, and it was catered so I wasn't missing much. I ate fried chicken with the skin peeled off.

Sheba the doggie is at the vet for the night. Tomorrow morning she gets her teeth cleaned.

Take care, and congratulations on 177!!!!!!!!!!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 22:36

Hi Sandy,

yummmmm, chicken soup with Matzoh balls.... I haven't had that for years. I used to dabble in cooking, trying different recipes from all cultures... and I remember that dish. So good, no wonder you just forgot and ate them!!

Glad you did fine at your Great niece's party. Too bad there wasn't much there that you could eat.

My sugar cravings are now under control. It was hard but I did it.

Luckily I didn't gain any weight from the cheating at the bridal shower.

Take care, hugs,

Alice
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 19:29

BF:

Hey Alice you have a lady bug by your name now! Cute!
Sheeba the dog survived getting her teeth cleaned. When we picked her up from the vet she was so groogy from the anesthetic she looked drunk! I forget, do you have any pets?
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 20:00

Hey Sandy, So nice of you to drop by my journal for a visit!!! Drop by anytime!!

I got your PM but by the time I got it...it was a few days later..sorry about that.

Glad to hear you are still losing the weight... I don't mind losing the inches when the pounds don't move, or the other way around.

So what kind of dog is Sheeba? Hope she is feeling better today. Clean teeth and all.

We have a cat. She is a calico and is 17 years old. 85 in cat years. She is having trouble jumping up onto the sofa now, her hips have arthritis in them. Other than that she is very healthy for her age.

Just had to have steak tonight... I was craving one. I have never craved a steak before in my life. Weird huh.

Hugs a flower for a great friend !!!
Alice
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 05:03

BF:

Hi Alice
Well my mom goes back to Florida Monday morning. It's been really trying having her here. She is really sweet but iis 87, and we have had 2 trips to the emergency room!!! Finally she is feeling better, so the rest of her stay should be easier. Tonight I am taking her to an outdoor concert that my sister is playing in. My sis plays viola.

Sheeba is a mut. She looks like a mini black labrador. She weighs only 35 pounds. I will try to get some pictures of her to send you.

Scale said 155.5 this morning!!!! Clothes still don't button but size 16 pants look a little baggy.

Hugs
Sandy