Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 19:00

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%
Oh Candice.... I really feel for you!!! My goodness...it seems like one problem on top of another. You are so very very brave, with all that and trying to lose weight too.

Can you take care of the landed imigrant papers yourself? Or does your husband have to fill them out. I wonder if you can get them downloaded off the computer.

Isn't that a shame, I mean honest hardworking people have to struggle and yet, someone else can come into Canada and claim welfare status and have everything paid for them. I think that is just awful. A friend of mine, met someone in Europe and that someone came to Canada, and tried to stay in Canada...he had a job lined up and wouldn't be a burden on society (going on welfare) and was turned away.Couldn't move to Canada. Something wrong here.

I quilt all the time, I am making a quilt right now, for my daughter. I enjoy the pastime. It is fun to work on in the winter, as you are sitting under the cozy quilt while working on it. That was so cool of your Aunt to buy that many raffle tickets to make sure that quilt stays in the family.

Going to aquafit tonight..... I love the water, so even if I don't work out very hard, it will be nice to even just float in the water.

I hope your shoulder and arm is feeling better soon. I know masking the pain isn't the answer but sometimes it helps for the moment. Take care of you!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 19:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Actually all of the papers are filled out. I just have to go get the medical check & then file them & send in the first $500. Those things I need my husband for.

I'm feeling a little bit better. Just really really tired. Only getting a few hours of sleep isn't my Idea of a good nights rest. I don't know what the pain what. It just felt so odd. I keep feeling it a bit. I should of went to the doctors today.

My mom feel the same way you do about making quilts in the winter. She loves to just sit there w/ the quilt draped over here keeping her warm as she quilts. Insead of the quilt I got for the raffel I would of rather gotten one of my choice for a wedding gift.

Uhhhh.....Pool huh? I couldn't do that. I got a thing about water...It all started in the ocean I am totally afraid of little tiny schools of fish & they were all around me.. I coudn't go in water after that. Even pools. Even if I think about Going in to the water I start sweating, I studder, I just feel as though I am going to be sick. My parents have always had a boat & Seadoo's. They are always at the beach & lakes. I just can't think about going in the water.
Oh well..

I really want to go to the gym! It's like Byron is always too tired, he doesn't want to go. I mean I don't blame him he does work hard. But I still want to go. I am trying to get his friend to join so that he will take me *laughing*

I had to make more of my sausage, egg, & cheese 'muffins' because my husband at them all. Do you have ideas for dinner? I want something new.

Candice
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 18:15

Hi Candice

Boy I sure had a workout in the pool last night! The instructor is a real go getter.Only three people showed up so that part was great, she could easily see what we were doing wrong and help us correct it.

Sorry to hear you don't like the water.....I can't imagine not being near water of some sort. I grew up on the west coast, and used to spend summers at the beach. Some creatures of the deep used to bother me too....so it wasn't always that fun. Now I live beside a nice river.

We are having pork burgers for dinner. It is a danish recipe (husband is Danish) you use ground pork, eggs, milk ( for me cream) salt,pepper and mix it all together. Add some rice flour or spelt flour( in place of crushed wheat crackers) and fried in butter onions. Form patties and fry until done. These are very good. I really like them cold, so we make a huge batch. I wanted some left over pork to make those sausages but my Husband used all the pork for the burgers. Say I could use the burgers as sausage for breakfast.

I also went into the recipe forum here, and tried a cheesecake recipe. I divided it up into muffin cups and cooked them up. I used Stevia for the sweetener because the local store in this tiny town doesn't carry splenda, and I haven't been able to get to the larger towns in the past while. Turned out quite good....even hubby here liked them, and he doesn't like stevia!!! I think I used a bit too much stevia, but now I know for next time !!

Hope you get to go to the gym tonight.. that would be a good thing to do. You know, I dragged a friend of mine to aquafit last night, and she was complaining that she had such a hard day at work and was so tired and miserable and didn't want to go...but five minutes after she was in the water..she thanked me for getting her out there. Maybe your husband may feel the same way if you get him out to the gym!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 15:34

Glad your cheesecakes turned out good. Ya know I haven't tried that Stevia. How do you like that? I've heard that it is an aquired taste. What do you think?

Yup got to go to the gym this morning!
I warmed up on the treadmill for 12 minutes.
Than did all the different machines that we did last time...I can't remember all of the name but there are 7. I did 12 reps 2 times on each machine(is that the right ways to say it?)..The machine goes by 12 so you have to press repeat that is why I say times 2. One for back muscles, one for the under arms( you know when you wave that stuff that moves? *luaghing*), 2 different leg machines, shoulders, & the other 2 for arms. Then finished off with 12 minutes on the bike. Byron couldn't finish the bike *laughing* We talked about going more but he has been so busy with work & will be for the next few weeks so we will see. It old him that there is a 24hour gym & he said maybe we can go to that one. so we will see

I was thinking about making muffins...Bran or almond..maybe a different flavor. LowCarb of course. But I just don't know if they will stall me. Right now I am stuck at 172. So I guess I will just wait. I really wanted to try to bake them though.

How is your weight loss going? & Excerise, how is that going?

Candice
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 16:23

Yay, you got to the gym!! That is terrific. Sounds like you did real well there!
Stevia is definately an aquired taste. There is a bitter licorice aftertaste, and when you use too much it is awful. I used a bit too much in the cheesecake muffins, but my family just loved them. I like them too much and I think they triggered my sugar cravings. I know I cant stop eating them Oooops.

Funny what might stall one person won't stall the other. I enjoy baking I used to do it for a living. I tend to eat too much of what I bake so I try not to bake to often now.

My weight is stuck, been stuck at 181 since I lost my initial weight in induction. I am not sure..but I might go back to induction for a week or so, to get out of the stall. I am not too worried though...I feel totally good, physically and mentally. And I try to exercise every night!! As long as I don't gain, I am happy!!

I know all about the jiggily stuff on the arms thankfully or at least hopefully those exercise machines can help tighten them up.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 08:17

Candice where are you?

I want to share this with you. I am out of the 180's zone. I am finally 179. I can't believe it. I am so very very pleased. I haven't been in the 70's weight catagorie for years!!!!

I hope things are going well for you!! Miss chatting with you!!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 10:48

Congradulation!!! I am so happy for you! It is nice to see the scale move isn't it? Because I was on an unbalanced sale for a while I have been seeing 172 for the longest time *laughing* Well except when I went to the gym full of water & it said 174

I've stared taking all these different vit. They make me feel soooo sick! I was already taking a Multi Vit. but now I am taking MSM, Potassium, & Calcium/Mag. I don't know what it is but it makes me so sick to my stomach that I just don't want to eat.
Do you take all of these?

I might start going to the gym one day a week with my husbands friend since my husband is only going to commit to 2 days a week. I guess that is better than not going.

I made meatballs for dinner last night. They turned out good. Next time I will have to think of a LC sauce to go with them. Tonight is Hot wings.

Congradulations again on the weight loss

Have a wonderful day Alice!

Candice
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 01:04

Well am going to the gym tomorrow with my husbands friend. That should be okay. Will be going around 5:30pm.

How was your day? You have to work tomorrow? If so what do you do?

I made hot wings right...& I was eating them thinking that they have alot of carbs.....I mean w/ the butter & the sause..do they? I wanted to have my chocolate mousse but figured that I aleady had too many carbs.

Sorry this is short but I drank too much water & I keep running to the restroom...& besides I have to go play with my gliders. The babies are getting so big.

Have a good day tomorrow, Good night

Candice
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 08:52

Hi Candice, that is great that your Husbands friend will go to the gym with you. I am glad, that way you can work out more often.

We own and operate a motel, so we are working 24/7. There are times in the day when there is a lull, but we are here all the time. Winter time is quieter,but we are now into our busy season.

Okay, now I am curious....what are gliders?

How do you make your chicken wings hot sauce. Mine is just melted butter with vinager and "Franks Red Hot". No sugar no starch no added anything we can't have. So I figure for mine hardly anything to worry about carb wise.

I had left over pork patties, cold, and dipping them in mayo.That was good!!!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 13:00

Alice,

Yeah it is great that I have someone else to go to the Gym with but I would rather go with my husband. I felt that my husband is more encouraging & I feel more comfortable around him. But oh well, I will have to live with it.

I can tell I am losing inches but I just don't want to weigh myself. I just don't like getting on that scale. And when I do it is after I have already eaten & drank alot of water. So that doesn't help. I do want to know how much I weigh...hummm...decisions decisions...*laughing*

I know what you mean by working 24/7. Like I said before my husband works at a hotel too. Doesn't own it just manages it. I don't actually work here but when he is not at the desk I have to sit at it. It isn't a nice hotel. It is in the Downtown Eastside. It is one that people live at not just say a night. I never seen one of these till I came here. My husband is the one that works like 24/7 + has been working over at a medical clinic that he usually only works at one day a week for 5 days a week now because one of the guys went on vacation. He will be doing this for all of July. That is why he doesn't have alot of time to go to the gym with me this month. Hopefully next month will be better.

I make Hot wings just like that. I could of swore there was carbs in butter guess I was wrong I know there is a bit in the franks sauce but not too much. Well I guess they are not as bad as I thought they were.

Sugar gliders. They are my pets. Sugar gliders are Nocturnal Marsupial Mammals that come from Australia and Indonesia. They get to be 10 to 12 inches with the tail accounting for half the overall length. Females have a pouch. Mature males have a bald spot in the middle of their forehead and another on their chest. These are scent glands. Sugar gliders have a gliding membrane that allows them to glide from one tree to another. In the wild they only live around 5-7 year in captivity they live 10-15 years.

You can see tons of pictures of them ~ http://community.webshots.com/user/candiflip

Elie is my Male, Kailya my Female, & where it Says Joeys, that is their babies.

Have a good day Alice

Candice
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 16:12

Hi Candice, thankyou for sharing those pictures...Your sugar gliders are so adorable. I just want to pick one up and cuddle him or her. My goodness. And the babies, so tiny. Awwwww.

Say that is terrific that you are losing inches!!! Congrats. I know how good that feels. Keep it up

Boy oh boy, your husband is a busy man. No wonder he doesn't have time to go to the gym. We also have an apartment building, that people rent on a monthly basis. Not like the hotel your guys manage though. We don't have to sit at a desk for that part of the business. Unfortunately its difficult right now to find renters. I beleive the economy (new government) has a lot to do with that.

I am waiting to get the Body For Life book. I am getting kinda bored with the few exercises I know how to do on my universal gym, and you can only cycle or walk for so long !!!

If you arent' sure if there are carbs in butter or not, why not click on the Carb counter thats on the right hand side of this screen. That may help. I don't know if butter has carbs either. Huummmmmm maybe I should look too.

Thanks again for sharing those pictures..... I love your pets..
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 18:53

Thank you for saying my pets are adorable. They are really very sweet. I love them.....& try to spoil them to death! They really are my babies. Yes their babies are very small..I still remember when I got my gliders and they were that size, the breeders sold them to me too young. I am selling their babies but they will not be ready till around August 1st. I have had a few people from the states inquire about them but they want me to ship & I am just not willing to do that. The only other person interested right now is a breeder on the Island...They are nice people but I just wish they would go to a you know someone single or married or whatever. They will just become breeders if they buy them.

You & your husband must always be busy huh? You made some good investment.

That Body for life book, is it supposed to be good?? What exactly does it tell you in it? I want to read some new books...Have you read the Protein power book? If the body for life book is good I would like to read that too.
If you are waiting for it I take you ordered it online, right? Did you order from Amazon.ca ? They ship with Canada Poste now instead of having to pay the high broker fees when it comes over the border from the states... But if you ordered from them you know this I always like to get a deal though & if I can find it & they will ship here I buy stuff from Ebay.

I went to Fitday & checked on the butter earlier today, thank you though for mentioning the carbcounter.

I need something new to eat.....any suggestion? I have so much lettuce sitting in my fridge going bad because I don't want to eat it *laughing*

Candice
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 12:35

Alice.......

I really need someone to talk to & It has nothing to do w/ Low carbing. Please as soon as you get this PM me...I hope it is soon. I don't want to write it on the board...

Candice
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 09:13

Sorry I didn't know I had to delete sent messages so my box was full. I got rid of them

Candice
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 16:47

Hi Candice, Hope all is going well for you. I am drinking tons of water lately as it has been super hot here. We had a storm last night, but it didn't cool things down. Oh well.

Nothing worse than having TOM during a heat wave. I feel so bloated. My husband has my grumpy mood. I think the heat is getting to him.

Also its hard to eat enough when its hot. Thank goodness for the bbq....at least I don't have to cook in this heat.