Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-19, 18:06

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey all-

Y'all are doing great.

Today is a Tuna Mayo day. I do intermittently fasting- it's the bomb
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-19, 03:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

short ribs are so yummy
I use my Dutch Oven....in the oven. Like PilotGal I don't do oven much in summer. I just put the ribs in, add a tiny bit of beef broth, some onion and garlic powder and let cook. I cook about 3 hrs give or take on about 325 deg. and just let those babies fall off the bone. So good. Some people will do the red wine sauce with them, or a kinda tomatoe type bit of sauce with them. The internet has just tons of options on cooking short ribs. Definitely a delish meat!

PilotGal I struggle with 3 day fasts. I did well for a bit on it when I gave it my all to do that and then noticed I just can't go that long anymore. Like a day and 1/2 is about all I can go before I get so hungry. Best of luck on your fast!!

Crispy fat on any meats. The best. That is such a draw for me on this lifestyle. Just so darn good to eat and your veal meal sounds wonderful! 3 bottles of beer huh? LOL yea I just did beer with Octoberfest time on my trip. Rare I drink beer anymore, I stick to rum but even then I have noticed my want for alcohol really cuts out when I do Carnivore. Which I guess is a good thing

I like Carnivore cause it does give me a natural fasting period without having to force it. I think this plans allows me to eat so well....and then not when not wanted without having to use any willpower. Willpower never got me too far in dieting changes etc. LOL boy I tried, but I never could hold it....I love Carn. doesn't truly require it from me anymore

Also I eat more in winter time when it gets colder. Summer I hardly eat cause I just don't need it as much unless I do a ton of hiking and kayaking, then I need a big hunk of meat to keep me happy.

Jazz I sure use tuna and mayo as a go to meal cause it is just so easy to make and curbs my hunger easily. Always be a staple snacky thing for me.

Another plus is the ease of cooking. Simpler the better for me since I am by no means a kitchen lover.

When home from running some errands I will do a big cheeseburger patty.
Dinner tonight I got shrimp in alfredo sauce planned. Sprinkle of fresh parm.
if needed I got some nice sardines I love and pepperoni and cheese for some fine snacking if wanted.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 05:42

BF:

shopping sales

decent sale on crab legs....snow crab....gonna buy a few bags. can't afford more cause if I could there would be a gazillion bags in the freezer for me LOL

but want a taste bad so gonna splurge a bit and get my joy on with crab legs.

down a lb. which is fab.

Carnivore works point blank. Take all the nasty out.....eat what your body requires for survival only.....meat and fat and a person thrives

I sure am. Energy is coming back full force being total Carnivore.

see what other good deals I can get out there in meat land
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-19, 06:20

BF:

I ate a ton yesterday LOL

from a delish steak....monster pile of shrimp with alfredo sauce and parm cheese, slices of salami and few chunks of cheddar.....4 good sized chicken breasts sautéed in butter. robbed 4 slices bacon from hubby while he was frying his own LOL

4.....I was so hungry I cooked 4 to have 2 for tomorrow to nibble and I ate all 4.

drank a ton of water.

so I did a little experiment. I felt so huge.

Got on the scale before bed. Up 7 lbs.
I thought oh hell......that is a lot LOL

Got on the scale this morning.....all 7 lbs. gone. Not one ounce stayed on me after all that food in the day.

THAT IS THE beauty of Carnivore. I can eat til the cows come home and be so satisfied and full when I am just so hungry.....and not gain an ounce from any of that eating.

Woke up hungry also.....body must be asking for it now cause a few days I was eating not too much cause I was just not hungry. I love following what the body wants and eating til so full and happy and not any lbs. gained at all.

carnivore is the bomb
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-19, 10:07

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hey Whirly, I'm almost always up 2-3 lbs at night, no matter what I eat and down at least that much in the morning, and often down an extra 1/2 to 1 lb.

Yesterday morning, I convinced my obese, "I really ~like~ veggies" bro to just TRY carnivore for a week: "You don't have to stay on it for life!" lol

This morning he called to say he lost 7 lbs in just one day, water weight, of course, but weight is weight. And it's more than he's ever lost on the few 2- or 3-day fasts he's done (which he really hates doing).

He's cautiously, warily pleased by the 1-day result, but being the scientific sort wants lots of published official scientific studies to prove carnivory won't kill him faster than doing nothing and staying at 350 lbs, LOL.

After some discussion, he reluctantly agreed that very few official human-carnivore studies are likely to be done in the US, and so we must rely on word of mouth, N=1 studies simply because "Who's gonna do these studies... there's no money in it!"

"Well, I'll try it for another day or two and see what's what." Uhhh, give it at least a week, I urged.

We'll see how he does. At any rate, he agrees that all-meat is far easier than fasting.

Last edited by Sagehill : Sat, Oct-26-19 at 06:06.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-19, 12:50

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
anti-big govt (ie, right-winger),

HUH, what does that mean???
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-19, 17:58

BF:

great results Sage! Yea if I didn't eat a super ton of food I almost always expect a loss, but heck we can't have them all the time but with Carnivore we get a lot of fab 'down the scale' days What I love is I can eat a ton and it never gains me.

So cool on your brother.
There truly are a ton of info out there why the body needs nothing but protein and fat to survive. Carbs and more is just extra fluff that screws up the body more than it helps the body for most.

I second your bro....eating and losing is better than not eating and losing less HAHA I so get that

Mainstream I don't think Carnivore will become. Most can't do it truly in a real long term way and it is so 'no bread ever' and 'forget the desserts for holidays' and all that...….desserts for holiday, push by that and bring out a standing rib roast and I am smiling big, lol.

I truly truly hope he gives it more time. After all we Carns know that real benefits come from time on this plan. But we have to definitely give it time.

great post!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-19, 05:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
HUH, what does that mean???

This truly has nothing to do straight with Carnivore.

I hope Sagehill doesn't get into her bro's politics.

I get what she was saying in her post. No need to put her bro's thoughts under a microscope. Her post made it's point with me.

I just don't think we need to 'go there' with 'what does this mean' and take this out of the Carnivore line of chat.

Sagehill of course this being directed at you, you answer how ya want LOL but I have to throw my 2 cents in on it if that is ok
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-19, 05:29

BF:

yesterday I ate great.

1 lb. ribeye steak fried in grass fed butter.

few squares of very dark chocolate.

chicken breast fried in butter with little seasoning added for flavor....yum

2 slim jims…...just cause I love the darn things and wanted some
2 hunks cheddar cheese to nibble

down 1/2 lb. this morning

I so am Carnivore. I go hankering for seafood today. Will wander thru the kitchen and see what I will make today.
Of course not hungry now so.....but need a food plan for when I 'get super hungry fast' and need some chow LOL
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-19, 06:05

BF:

Nah, I'm not getting political. It was a family joke that slipped out... he's the only Repub in our democratic family on both sides (we all grew up in Ann Arbor in the reactionary 60s & 70s, lol), so we call him the Right-Winger in the family.

I'll erase the slip.
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-19, 07:19

BF:

you are fine with what ya posted
slips happen and no one has to pounce on them ever in this thread LOL

all cool
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-19, 06:30

BF:

scale down again this morning.
can't ask for anything more

meat and seafood is just wonderful. eat til content and scale cooperates. energy level is going up and clarity of mind is fab.

need to restock freezer soon. Must find sales from stores and load up at some point

Love Carnivore. Can't say it enough!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 05:25

BF:

going for seafood day
keeping it lighter cause I am red meated out for today LOL
but I never fear, a steak is coming soon or for that matter, any time I want LOL

tuna, shrimp, sardines and 'gotta throw in some bacon' today cause I want it.

doing very well and thriving.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 05:47

BF:

Don't know if anyone's seen this video by Dr. Paul Saladino, but it's pretty good... has a point or two I hadn't realized. I sent it to my brother yesterday.

The Carnivore Diet: 4 Keys to Doing it Right (2019): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg1P0buUrv4
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 06:42

BF:

thanks for adding that Sage

I am not a big biological macro type LOL

I don't think anyone can truly 'control' the macros the body requires. The body IS SO intricate that as long as we 'do the basic' of what is required in our plans and do smart things, like be sure the good fat content IS high etc. we thrive.

I sure get strict Carnivore.

But for me personally as long as I stay 99.9% carnivore and allow a .01% of waver I thrive

some days I crave fats. Some days I want no fat. I just go with the flow as my body asks.

key thing, give the body what it needs......like the podcast said if you start to 'feel off' in any way then change it up a bit.

I like the know what the body is asking for and give it what it wants as it is asking type thoughts. I can't control everything in my body, no one can and won't ever but I can give it somethings it is asking for easily if I know me and my physical feelings and more as needed on a daily basis.

I love chatting this stuff out, I enjoy it.

I like Dr. Ken Berry in that he did the lc walk down the carb line, he did the tighter keto then he went carnivore....he covers so much in his vids.