Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 12:55

Plan: Ketogenic and OMAD
Stats: 325/304/196 Male 69 inches
BF:Sorry, don't know
Progress: 16%

Thanks Janet, you're a gem.

Just been on my Profile and altered my current weight.

Thank you for the link, I will ensure to read it tomorrow.

I found the various YouTube videos explanation's of the science behind OMAD fascinating during this learning process. My old version of 'Fasting all day' was always something I found relatively easy to achieve, but the problem was, I'd break that Fast by eating inappropriate 'high sugar content' foods to ruin any of the good 'fasting effects' I would've achieved.

But because I'm used to it, I've now incorporated OMAD into my Ketosis diet Plan and, so far at least, it's working brilliantly for me.

Thanks again Janet.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-30-18, 01:21

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/190 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 103%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Grav should be having sweet dreams in NZ now so I'll answer.

Thanks Janet. Yeah, I'm typically unconscious at that hour; I don't usually have time for posting during the week except in my evenings when everyone else is unconscious instead.

Tim, really glad to hear you've found a connection with intermittent fasting. I laughed at "I don't do gradual"; not everyone can dive into fasting like that, myself included. It took me over 2 years of lowcarbing before I finally adopted 16:8 at the start of this year, dropping to two meals a day.

But it sounds like you're getting some great results with OMAD, and as long as the hunger isn't too much of an issue for you between meals, I figure you might just have figured out what going to work best for you. For things to have "clicked" for you like that so soon will be really exciting, I bet.

13lb inside of a month is more than I ever managed during my own journey as well (think my average was 9 or 10?). Congrats on your newfound success, long may it continue!

As Janet already mentioned, Dr Jason Fung is something of an authority when it comes to fasting. He's featured pretty heavily over on Diet Doctor as well, if you're up for a little more reading on the subject.