Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/285.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default One month report!

I started about 5 weeks ago, but I'm not counting the initial water flush in my weight loss, so my "real" starting weight on May 15th was 300.7. As of today, I am at 185.1 - so a loss of just over 15 pounds in one month. That is faster than I've ever lost before, and I had to do it both by induction level carbs and intermittent fasting. I restrict my calories quite a lot 3 days a week. It hasn't been as hard as I'd thought, but it isn't as easy as just low carbing. My motivation is that with tendonitis and sore feet I can barely walk, so I'm willing to go at this really HARD do get down to a point where I'm at least physically more mobile, then I may be able to relax into a more realistic long term low-carb eating plan. I'm noticing benefits already, although at my size 15 pounds doesn't really show - I certainly haven't dropped a size, but the clothes I'm in are fitting looser, and I things I WAS wearing but felt were a little on the tight side are now comfortable and more flattering. I'm MUCH more flexible - for some reason that is the BIGGEST difference, which doesn't seem logical. But a month ago I was having some difficulty in the bathroom and the shower getting to all the parts I wanted to clean *ahem* and that is absolutely no problem at all right now. I do not feel a ton more energetic yet, but that may be due to other factors. I still have a bit of tendonitis in my left foot but it is much less, and I haven't had any pain at all in my right foot for a couple of weeks. So - that was probably way more information than you needed, but I figure there are people here who will "get it" LOL. PLUS - if there are any lurkers who think they have tried everything and will NEVER be able to lose weight - I was one of you a couple months ago. There IS hope with this way of living. (on that note the first couple weeks were pure hell and I was just hanging on by my fingernails, but I haven't had a craving since. I think most people fail because it seems too hard at first, but that gets better FAST. I "cheated" and had a couple of baby carrots that were in my stir fry last night - they tasted SO sweet they were like the candy I used to toss down by the handful.

Last edited by YNot : Thu, Jun-15-17 at 09:29.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 15:12
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

15 pounds is great, good work Ynot! It's an important 15 pounds, it's the start of a journey.

It's funny how we can taste the sweet in things now, isn't it?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-17, 13:05

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

I read this and have to say, You better keep up the Great work! A month from now you will see even more change. Also a few baby carrots is good in my book any day. Better then a few cookies or donuts.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 21:04

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%

Wow YNot! You are doing great! Keep it up this is only the beginning! I can't wait to see what you've accomplished in another month or 2!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 21:05

Plan: ketogenic/VLC
Stats: 522/456/399 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 54%

You should start a journal!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 23:45

Plan: Less than 30g carbs
Stats: 349/286.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Excellent work, YNot. Our stats are pretty similar, I'm 11 weeks in and doing it for all the same reasons as you (tendonitis in my right foot, tired of being sick and tired etc).

I'm up to walking 45 minutes a day now either in front of the TV (check out Leslie Sansone's free walking videos on youtube - I'm not affiliated but just a fan) or outside in the real world (but there's people out there lol).

Keep on going, you're doing great!