Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1261   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-17, 18:23

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Interesting chat going on. I enjoyed reading it.

We all do our woes anywhere from a bit differently to quite differently. And yet, besides our hero of maintenance, Nic we have all gotten stalled in our success. We have lost weight and kept it off, (YAY for us, REALLY) but some of us like me, have bounced back up outside of maintenance spectrum, and others just aren't dropping.

Saying so is not to be a Debbie Downer, but rather to say that there's no silver bullet that fits all for this, in fact, no silver bullet at all.

What I know is that at my age, it's harder than I ever thought it would be to drop pounds again. Harder than it was when I started my LC woe four years and lost somewhere around 50 pounds. It took me a bit over a year, and I thought that was slow.

No, can't see myself doing what it would take to lose faster---live in a constant state of hunger, and at a point imo, doesn't matter if it's real hunger or mind hunger. They are both very real when they're there.

And even if I could, I KNOW I could not sustain it, so why go there? To me the whole point is to be as healthy and reasonable and "feel right" about how we eat as we can.

However, it is very clear to me that what worked to lose that weight, is simply no longer working to lose, it IS working to see that I don't gain more, and that's a very good thing.

At this point for me, I think it's about calories. So that's where I'm going to put my emphasis for awhile. Would like to come in at 1300 to 1400 calories a day. Have done this successfully in the past. Dinner is important to me, so I did it by giving myself 3 to 400 calories for lunch, and all the rest for dinner. This allows for good food and satisfaction, just maybe not quite as much of it.

Won't be able to do it every day due to work. Nic you asked if I could pack a lunch. I could, but I doubt I will for reasons I won't bore you with. But I CAN make better calorie choices when ordering, even if it's LC.

We all have to find our own ways to tweak, or just allow the plateau right now. Lately I've felt seconds away from that option, and may yet end up there. There's a lot more to life than my weight goals. But not waving the white flag yet.

While shifting to a calorie emphasis for now, I may be a bit less obsessed with carbs, which doesn't mean I won't stay LC. Just means if I have a carb day not as great as my cal day, I'm going to go with that for awhile. Been thinking about this for awhile now.

For instance, this afternoon I had 2 cups of buttered air popped popcorn, while watching a movie(Allied...very poignant). That's about 14 carbs---a big bite out of what was my daily carb allowance, but only 120 calories. Add that to my iced coffee w/cream and I'm looking at about 250 calories so far for today.

Having Crab for dinner. Plenty of cals left for the butter. And the carbs are not a problem. So it's this balancing of carbs and cals that is interesting me now.

KNOW I can't ever "go back" as Trig talked about, to being a carb hound the way I was. But for now, I'm going to be less obsessive about carbs and more obsessive about my cals for awhile.

Can I always maintain on 1300 to 1400 cals a day? NO. BUT, what will happen if I do it often enough, plus being very aware of my carbs? Is there a time when I could to borrow Nic's word, balance the two off against each other. We'll see.

Do want to note finally, that although my puny losses after sitting so hard on my LC eggs, are not encouraging, I DO swear that LC eating makes a difference in how my body looks and how I feel in my clothes, even when the scale puts its nose in the air and says "not good enough." Perhaps it is just the absence of bloat most days. Which is why LC will always be part of whatever I do, or experiment with.

Nic---Slap me five, fellow word geek and thanks for your kind words. I love words and all the ways to put them together in different ways. Sometimes I just love the way they roll off your tongue, some words are just FUN to say/write
Sponsored Links
  #1262   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-17, 19:06

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Blue I read your post and am thinking hard about it.

I am in a different place than most of you. I am sitting at an UNHEALTHY 205 at 5'5. That is just NOT ok- for me, or anyone else. I get there is more to life than weight. If I was where you are at 170-80, I may not be as panicked. Especially as tall and beautiful as you carry you. Trig too- get to be tall! Jealous as hell.

I think as you said - this is interesting conversation. And we all need to maybe readjust to what works for each of us. No judgment just encouragement.

I guess- that I feel the clock running on me and at some point losing gets harder by the minute. Maybe I have already crossed that threshold I don't know. I do know frustration is high. And I need to rein it in. Or I am doomed. I don't want to go there.

I agree - no magic silver bullet (dam it) Sighhhhhh
I may have to count both carbs and cal - like you Blue. I just now feel guilty in both counts now! Carbs low- cal high= guilt
Cal low/ carbs high= guilt. Just more to deal with.

I guess if I was a bit smaller I might be ok with where I sit- but I am not there yet- and am so OVER the struggle. I am not giving up- just being honest. Even a 170- would be ok with me at this point. HOW DO I GET THERE???? I am the friggin expert- and it's not working for me.

Sorry I am just over it- But yet not ready to give up- thanks for the ear.

Blue love your posts. - Love everyone's post. I learn from you all. moving FORWARD
  #1263   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 04:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue, you sure said that right....no silver bullet
boy have I tried to find silver bullets in life in a ton of situations LOL

the magic bullet will be different for all of us. no doubt about that tho cause each of us are so different in food likes, how we handle stress in our day and all that jazz.

One thing is for sure, there is A WAY for each of us.

I absolutely am with ya 100% on the kcals. I know that is my problem now. When I put the 'kcal limit' on myself I freak out again, it becomes a friggin' daily diet routine and omg I despise that anymore! Yet I know deep down it is the culprit point blank. I best wrap my head around it that it is the only way I can move forward.

Jazz, I hear ya loud and clear on being shorter and carrying around the weight. What is bad higher weight on a taller person is worse on a shorter one I hear ya on that!!

I know I will not be increasing carbs at all. Blue is so right that an LC person is leaner and meaner and less bloaty and all eating than a carby eater. I see it, feel it, know this is true so for me adding back carbs, well, ain't going there

Blue I ain't worrying about my carb count cause I ain't got one but I am like you that it is now 100% about kcals.

I am going to have to start cutting portion sizes in my food etc. to fit a calorie count for the day.

heck, even on the weight loss shows, the Dr. puts the patient on a 800 kcal per day diet. Or highest I have seen was 1200 for a very big guy. I know 'a usual normal dieter' doesn't need to be so extreme cause while we are fighting for our healthy lives weight wise, we aren't in a desperate life situation the way some can be......so I think that 1300=1400 kcal range is a good one to hold.

I am gonna sit down and think hard on an easy way to hold around 1200 kcals and plan entire food meals that fit that scenario. what a pain in the arse but honestly it is the only way I can do this. Know my meals. Know the portions. Know the kcal counts on it all and make it work.

ok, I got my way to move forward NOW I MUST make it happen. It boils down to just this....implement the plan and make it work! Sounds easy right? HA HA but I can make it easy if I don't go all negative on it I have to make this a positive thing. I guess I can think of it as kcal training for the long haul.

my food issue I have not addressed is I like to eat big, eat giant, stuff to the max and feel happy and full and smiling. I walked into a zero carb plan where I can eat alot and not gain. I kinda found my 'best spot' yet I am not at the goal I would like. In order to get to that goal I must diet damn it and I guess I am gonna have to put in some work and guts into achieving this.

ok, rethinking my meals etc and see how I can move forward.
I got about 10 weeks to get some changes happening, that 10 weeks puts me into end of June and I would like some lbs dropped. and gone for good!

ok enough rambling on menu, I gotta work it into my day and see where I end up

HI ALL
nothing major today. still chilly, damp, cloudy and icky mostly. not sure if I can get a walk in today or not, will see how the clouds clear a bit etc.

Getting rid of cable tv. Yup. Sick of that $102 per month bill. We watch like 6 friggin' channels Done deal on it. I bought Roku. Sold at walmart for $99 and hook up and buy Netflix for $7.99 per month and I got tons of tv now at such a low price. hell the Roku unit will pay for itself in one month I tried it on one tv...works great. Gonna get 2 more units for ours and kiddos bedroom tvs and done. Kiddo can get netflix thru her Xbox so I don't have to buy a unit for the playroom tv. love that So not bad, from 102 per month down to 11.99. (11.99 for netflix if you want to cover more than 2 tvs) and I think I will check into hulu, it is reasonable also. Either way I will have cut my bill down by a ton....hey that 800/900 saved per year will be another wonderful beach trip I would rather have that money for me, not the cable company LOL

eh rambling again. feels good to want to chat away a bit from how sickly icky I was

gonna go make a 1200 kcal plan for today and stick to it like glue!

take care all and have a fab day
  #1264   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 05:47

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Woke up to more snow! Not a lot, just enough heavy, wet stuff to weigh down trees and coat the sidewalks. Where is Spring??????

I had a great LC day yesterday and came in around 1400 calories. I "loosely" track on My Fitness Pal, but I don't want to be a slave to tracking. Getting too wrapped up in that causes me to rebel because I'm a spoiled brat. I usually end up tracking only a few days a week. Probably why I've been stuck at the same weight forever. Coincidence? I think not!

This is such a great group as we all understand where we're coming from. We can vent and use each other as sounding boards and just keep on going.

Tomorrow marks the return of exercise to my life! I did do a lot of walking while at my sister's last week, but tomorrow I'm back to boot camp 4 days a week. Believe me when I tell you that it's going to be a rough week. Stay tuned to hear me whining and complaining. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back outside walking. Looking out at this snow is just depressing. I'm hoping to get out soon for 4 rounds of golf a week which will be LOTS of walking. Can't wait! I'm still shooting for the 1000 miles, but I'm falling more behind every day. I'll get as close to the 1000 as I can and be happy with where I end up.

Well, I've had 2 cups of black coffee so far and will soon have my Keto coffee, which is coffee blended with heavy cream, coconut oil & Kerry Gold butter.......OMG.......so smooth. I use a handheld milk frother to blend it and it works great. Having the Keto coffee helps me put off eating until closer to lunch time.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Let's keep the conversation going on how we're tweaking our eating and how it's going.
  #1265   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 07:06

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction/zc
Stats: 185/170.5/135 Female 67
BF:32
Progress: 29%

Happy Sunday All!!!
Going to be nice and warm here (45) and sunny to boot!! Going to get outside and get some yard cleanup going on. the last wind storm left debri all over the yard, driveway - and everywhere. We'll get a bonfire going and get a lot of exercise in to boot!!!

-------------------------
I agree with all of you - no magic bullet. I've looked and looked. I didn't want to go low carb. And once I did and still didn't lose much, I didn't want to go ZC. My loss is not great, but steady and I know if I add carbs in, imma gonna gain again. I can't think of this as a WOL yet, I have to take it one day at a time - just like an alcoholic. Carbs are my drug. I am in rehab. There is no going back but right now i still have to think in terms of one day at a time.

not everyone has to be so strict. You will find your sweet spot. And you will find which foods bother your gut, which ones make you gain - even if just water weight, and which ones are safe for you to have and not see either of those effects! Trial and error. Life balance. What makes you feel good. What makes you feel like shit.

If you don't keep a food and drink journal yet, I recommend you do. And when you feel bad - write it down. look to see what you ate that doesn't agree with you. I can eat eggs until the cows come home. But some (like my hubby) can only have so much before their gut rebels! Some can have cream in their coffee and drink bullet proof coffee (my DH can!) and then some like me - will spent a half hour in the bathroom if we consume cream.

I still wish there was a magic pill. But then again - who doesn't?!
  #1266   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 08:53

BF:

GALS!!!!!

Lori- Agreed, awesome group we got here going on! We do whine, gripe, complain, then pick it up and move on! We will stay tuned for your whinny week up coming!! Good job on getting back into your routine! SNOW----- ackeee. NO THANK YOU- heheheh

Cat- I am in rehab right with you. I know that upping the carb count is most likely a mix for disaster for me. I have really not been watching the kcal- real close. Starch carbs can send me off the rails. So I hear ya on one day at a time. Great job on slow and steady.
How was your VACAY?

Blue- I agree that even at a higher weight- I still get flat belly vs bloat off LC. Weird, but it is true. This is a great discussion we got going here. It will be interesting to see how we all "tweak" and how it goes. I am ready for all of us to get on that losing train again! But again- each one of us processes food differently. Very true!

Kmom- I think this week I will do 6 glasses as my bottom number. I am stressing over all this right now- so I will start there.

Trig- I have been thinking of the ROKO too- my cable/internet is 115 a month. I too watch about 5 channels. BUT I also use that for internet, and do like to watch live news for traffic. Love though the drop in bill.
I am with ya- love to have a satisfied feeling. Hate the starving DIET feel. I rebel on that. But like you- I can eat a cow in one sitting and call it a day! :yummy:

Leeann- safe travels to Greenville! Hope everything goes well. Are you going to dinner there? There is a great BBQ joint down town - wings smoked- called MAC SPEED SHOP- google it. Awesome food.
------------------------------------------------
So to put this into perspective. I "feel" thinner. So I took out my measuring tape. Since Jan. 1- I have lost 7.5 inches and a few pounds. I have dropped a size. 4 inches came off the belly- the rest is a general all over drop.

SOOOOOO that helped in my attitude about what I am doing. The scales- for me right now are not an accurate account of how my body is changing shape.

My plan is I must start moving more every day. Not so much for weight loss- but for all the other overall benefit. Plus I will be more motivated to stay on plan.

I am going to incorporate more fish, chicken pork. Cut my red meat down to 1-2 times a week. Swap out ground turkey for hamburger every now and again. Just do some minor swaps.
I have been eating read meat almost daily.

I have been doing that for the last year to keep my blood count up due to TOM. But now that is a past issue. I am not going low fat- but will not ADD fat. IE.... pat of butter to steak! HAHA. Will make those adjustment beginning TODAY.

I am not going to starting watching every calorie I put in my mouth at this point. I think that just doing these few things is enough for right now and I will see how it is working.

So moving, increasing water, food swaps for lower calorie options. I will still stay as close to ZERO as I have been. I have a plan and feel good and ready to begin a new me- RIGHT NOW.

I will also give myself those affirmations EVERDAY- I have slacked on those.
I read a quote from a magazine this morning- Loved it.

"TODAY IS THE BEGINNING OF ANYTHING YOU WANT" - I will take that as my affirmation for today!

Jaz is BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Big girl britches on- warrior ready.
  #1267   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 13:22

Good Job Jaz!! The scale isn't everything!!! 4" is awesome!!!

-------------------------
And who loses 60 lbs in 30 days anyway??? Not real ppl for sure!! I keep reading about all those Extreme weight loss contestants can't keep it off after the show ends. Why - cause it AINT REAL or sustainable!!!

Four hours working out - who the F___ does that?? I do an hour a day on the weekends and I'm dead then next day!! A half hour during the work week is GREAT for me when I fit it in.

Lol - sorry for the rant. I'm back to normal now. Many apologies.
  #1268   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 13:49

BF:

I am doing a drop in- as I have already written a book.

Cat- 4 inches from belly, 7.5 total- those 3.5 inches matter to me!
BTW- I can't do dairy either! DARN

Ok- all........ I went swimsuit shopping. As ALL the spring stuff is out. I also know if you don't snatch a swim suit right as they come out- they are gone! Most women are curvy and the one pieces go like hotcakes. The tiny bikini are for the kids. Last year I missed out.

The few times I took a dive- it was full clothes on! Remember that?! WELL......... I found 2. TWO......... after trying on 2-3 hundred (it seemed)- I found 2. Bought them both.

they are the same style you get Trig. Halter type top.... shirred belly, and full bottom coverage. The one is a royal blue, the other is very tropical floral. But not TOO bright. Flattering.

So when I say flattering- I mean I will wear a wrap over it- to the edge of the pool and get in right away! not hateful from waist up......

We booked our condo last night. Seascape Dustin! 2 bedroom 2 bath. Gulf course on one side- beach access on other. It's rather upscale- but with us footing the bill straight down the middle doeable- and with space to have down private time.

Hence the renewed want to drop some weight.

ok- PS- Flannel man. I got a text wanting to know just how "affectionate" /I am willing to be when I see him again. NEXT..........
  #1269   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 14:49

Default Whoa!!!

Sorry I missed the 3.5 inches Jaz!! And so glad you found a suit - and two at that!! I HATE swimsuit shopping!!! What is this flannel man and did I miss this whole story???
  #1270   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 17:34

BF:

Jaz, wow, you are getting results. I believe honestly your body is still in heal mode. It never heals faster as we age, I still believe alot more good losses are coming your way

You CAN stop cable tv and keep your internet. that is exactly what I am gonna do. calling cable company to come out and remove all those damn cable boxes I pay for, set me up for internet and phone only. I still like a landline, cause you know me, owning and hating cell phones LOL so yea you can cut your bill a ton by getting 1 roku and getting netflix. so simple it is insanity.

Cat, yea I hear ya on those weight loss shows. they are SO annoying in that they show NOT real weight loss stories if ya ask me. Heck in extreme weight loss show they take off work, go to a body science place, are watched, restricted and more and then are 'promised' expensive skin surgery if they hit goal.....I mean ANYONE can mostly do something like that if wanted, but after? like you said it isn't substainable....most don't want to walk the dog let alone get up at 4 am and do 2 hrs of exercise before they have to go to work for the day!! These shows sell false lifestyles if ya ask me

long day for some reason. kinda cloggy again. seem very tired now. hope not a friggin' relapse shoot me
  #1271   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-17, 03:04

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up and ready to resume life! First up...boot camp! Later, a walk! I faced the scale this morning and am up over 3 lbs from over a week of eating like a lunatic. I did well on Saturday, but yesterday was crazy. I am back on the straight and narrow now.

Jaz...2 swimsuits! Score! Your condo sounds awesome....can't wait to hear all about your vacation. About flannel man....good grief. What ever happened to getting to know someone? Oh no...he wants to be "affectionate". Like you said.....NEXT. The right one is out there Jaz...

I could never get rid of TV. The husband would shrivel up and die! The news shows, the sports shows etc etc. I could be happy watching old shows on Netflix or whatever, but not him. He's a news, sports and weather guy. We have Dish, landline & high speed internet and it's nearly $200 a month. Ridiculous.

My new laptop should arrive today. I hope I have no problem getting it up and running. I think they are pretty simple these days. I'll just have to remember all my passwords for all the different sites I visit. What a pain!

Off to boot camp. Have a great Monday!
  #1272   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-17, 04:00

BF:

Lite post this morning. REALLY tired for some reason. Maybe I have the Monday "flu"

Lori- Glad you are back on track. The bloat from bad eating is the worst! Will be interested in how boot camp goes for you. You have been off for a couple days.

Blue- Hope you are well. Do you ever dread Mondays? Thought of you yesterday. I made crack slaw- Does that ever make you feel bloaty?

Trig- So with the ROKO- can you get local channels? Like weather, news? I hate giving 115. Every month for cable/ internet. Hope your not having a relapse! Are you resting?

Cat- you missed nothing with flannel man. I had a lunch date with the dude. Then I get a text basically wanting to know if we had another date if he would get lucky?? HAHAHAHAHA Ya- I almost spit my coffee with that one!

Leeann- can't wait to here how the weekend in Gville went!

Kmom- I will be 6 this week is the beginning of the week Monday or Sunday? If it was yesterday- 3/6 I know you don't have to tell me.
-----------------------------------------
I feel like I am missing something I wanted to say. It flew in and right back out! HAHAHH

I am sticking to my plan I laid out yesterday. I had crack slaw with hamburger- ate TOO much and like the aminos- and I am up with bloat- 3 pounds. URGHHHHH the bounce house. I was fine BEFORE I ate.

So I am pulling in the portion control reins today. I also dumped the amino in my food. Granted- it's LOWER in sodium. But not SALT free. I have found for some reason I crave salt the lower carb I go.
does anyone have a theory on that on?

My affirmation for today- taking care of me- because I am worth it.
TRIG- BTW- HAPPY SPRING!!!!! - IT'S HERE!!!!!!

Have great day all
  #1273   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-17, 05:25

BF:

I hear ya Lori. There is gonna be shows I am going to lose but I don't care. tv just doesn't have a hold on me anymore. neflix is current stuff really. I am shocked how much good stuff is on it

hey you best be vigilant cause I have to say those 8 weeks til vacay are gonna fly by and before you know it they are gone and ya got no results just saying LOL cause heck I need to be thinking hard on this also!!

Jaz, cool on the bathing suits. You are so right, the good suits go very fast in the area, no joke on that. kiddo is getting some boobs now and I have to get her 2 new suits this year. Told her next Sat we are going for some and she is getting them NOW while we can find her some

Salt, yea ya need some on extreme low carb. but not as much as ya think you do but for me I do use salt as a taste factor for my eating. I bloaty alot from the sodium. I find I do best when I restrict salt but so stinking hard to do for me

You can get local channels on regular over the air tv
I think we get like 3 channels on regular old you don't have to pay channels. have to check that again tho. will do so and see what we do get.

HI ALL
Happy Spring! first day, lets all chant that the good weather is coming fast now

have to take kiddo to dentist for cleaning today. my gosh getting a cleaning appt is like winning the lottery. at least 7 months out on appts. what a pain, you get the date and ya make sure you go come hell or highwater LOL

some chores etc. nothing dramatic today. kinda head cloggy, allergies I assume now. it feels like my usual blooming time junky head

for me, it is time to cut the kcals dramatically. starting today. tuna and mayo and tons more chicken breast and will probably put my small salad back in as a filler food. going to limit my ribs and ribeyes etc.

I have limited time to move some lbs off before my summer trips come and I want some lbs gone so I am gonna have to go after it, 'diet a bit' and just get this done!!!!!

I will let ya know how this all goes down HA HA

take care all and have a fab first day of spring!
  #1274   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-17, 08:58

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning!
Water Hounds: Let's start today for week one of this two-week cycle. That way we can go Monday through Sunday. Seems easier to me. Jaz I see you want your bottom number to be six. Blue, I will keep you at four. Anyone else wanting to join, let me know.
Remember to report water at top or bottom of post. Nice and clear. Just need to say: Water Monday: 4/4 Or whatever.

Had my SD here for three days so I am tired today. But like I always say...A Good Tired! SD will mean Special Daughter.

I stayed true to my TRUE plan till the weekend. Held my own during the weekend, so feel good about that. I lost some pounds, but won't report till I get my 10x4 back!!!

Will read back posts later.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1275   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-17, 17:15

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---So happy that you measured and saw such a nice difference. Sounds like you're experiencing that in your your clothing. Good work on the two new swim suits. LOL, do you remember you jumping in the pool in your clothes last summer, so this will be an improvement.

Your vacation spot sounds like heaven. Can't remember, does it have a kitchenette?

I had crack slaw yesterday too! No, it doesn't bloat me, but I don't use any salt in it---enough good spices w/out it. I'm pretty light with the salt shaker in general. Often don't salt my food, but LOVE cracked pepper. My salt intake comes from naturally salty foods like bacon, brats, etc.

Trigger---Cool that you're saving that money on cable. It's fun to add it all up and see how it can be something else very fun, like another weekend at the beach. Net Flicks is great, lots to watch.

Ha. We are total series TV bingers so no way we'd cut the cord. But we watch enough that it's money well spent for us, particularly in the colder, darker months.

Sounds like you've got your mojo working on cals. Me too. 1300 or 1400 hundred cals a day isn't too painful, and even if you do it 5 out of 7 days, it can make a difference. It's funny, I'm finding the less I eat, the less I need to eat.

Lori---Nice you and sissy are in it together trying to lose weight for your beach vacay. Do you chat together to motivate each other?

Cat---Agree on those fat loss shows. I find them exploitative and am uncomfortable watching them, so I don't. I think they trade on people's emotional and physical issues for entertainment...and don't provide those people with a healthy sustainable way to lose weight and keep it off. Yeah, I can can rant about those shows too!

K-mom---Exciting that you're getting closer and closer to your 10X4. Can't wait to see those numbers go up.

Struggling with water lately. 3/4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a meeting this morning and then some errands to run, so I took myself out to lunch again. I go to a place w/a great and very reasonable salad bar, bring my kindle and eat, read and relax.

One does have to watch it cal wise and not create as Trig would say "a jacked up" salad casserole, but I did fine today. Most of the cals were in the dressing. Will have left over crack slaw for dinner.

Yesterday was a super good cal day, around 1,000 cals. But I was hungry by lunch today. Toying with doing an every other day thing when it works. 1000 to 1200 on low days, 1400-1500 on high days. We'll see.

Tomorrow is a shoot day, very complex project so it will be a long full day, and the craft table will be loaded as usual. I do really well just choosing the LC stuff, but you're sitting around a lot between stuff, and it's easy to overeat LC. So making a note to self. DO BETTER!
Closed Thread