Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1216   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 09:36

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Ladies,

Quick check in here. I know it has been a while.

Things are going pretty well here. DH is hanging in there and not being very whiny, which is a pleasant surprise. He says today he is not in pain but he is instead very, very sore. I believe it too. Lots of swelling and discomfort. He is up and down to the bathroom and has actually gone up and down the stairs a few times but by and large I am keeping him upstairs in the master.

DD21 and I had a great time with her visit. She, DS18 and I went out to dinner across the street on Friday night. They got me to have a strong small frozen margarita and that sure took the edge off! lol DD21 and I also spent a little time together on Saturday running a couple of errands.

DS18 and DS15 went to a sleepover last night and are still there; will be home after lunch. They will be TIRED and CRANKY.

DS18 LOVE LOVE LOVED UMD and all the opportunities through the Honors college there, so I am thrilled for him about that. We are due to go to Furman the 19th and I am curious as to what his response will be.

TOM came as expected on Friday afternoon and between that and the surgery and so forth I have been less than stellar the past two days with my choices. I know I can fix it and I also know that I am no longer in the 130s again!

Snowstorm expected here on Monday night into Tuesday- I've heard anywhere from 4-8 inches to over a foot. And no DH to help so the boys better be ready to do some work!
Sponsored Links
  #1217   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 13:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I just have to write- I am finally doing something fun- planned a trip to Florida with my son. June- 2nd week- through 3 week. First it gives me the WANT to get cute in shorts, swimsuit, all that. Second- white sand under my toes, hot sun on my face, floating in a pool late morning with shades on, beach walking first thing in morning.

My son and I are very GI, food compatible. Food is secondary to laying on beach. We prefer to just cook light and in- and call it a day.
Lazy days on a beach, hot sun, all that. So we agreed on a time. I love that case it give me a reason to get back to shape. I won't be the part queen with my son in tow- but he can be a real fun kid at times. We also plan to hit up universal studios. Something we both have wanted to do- just not alone. good times and a good memory with my kid! Something he will never forget. So good! He will remember the time there with his wild butt momma and laugh!

I am excited- time to get this weight off! Want to be in shape! I love a concrete vacay- gives a time frame rather than a someday.
Ok all see above.

Sorry all about me- was just so excited had to share.
  #1218   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 17:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---When you have the chills, fever and body aches goin' on it's usually a virus and those little buggers hang on for awhile, particularly for we who are older. Wouldn't ya know the kiddo would bounce right back. Rest, rest, rest. You'll know you're feeling better when you're bored from all that rest!

Jaz---The Gyros strips were really good. They are in the deli meats area, in a box. You'll want to get Tzatziki sauce, not Tahini, but that's probably what you meant. Very good on romaine w/banana peppers, sliced onion and kalamata olives.

YAY on your upcoming vacation! So cool you're going w/your son, and you and he share the same laid back ideas about how to vacation. Plus, yeah, what an excellent woe motivational tool.

Most of all though, Lord knows after your last year you deserve some time in the sun and sand, listening to the waves roll in.

Nic---Man, that surgery your husband had sounds SO uncomfortable for reasons we can all fill in w/our imagination.

Loving hear your older son's college plans fall into place with great options. Knew that was going to be the case, but after some disappointments and fears, it sound's like it's all coming together.

K-mom---Are you enjoying this cozy snowy day? Crazy, but I sure am. Better water day. 4/4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I just noted, got my snowy day. Probably one of the last of the season. Falling out there like in a snow globe, and I've been snuggin' it up all day in front of a nice fire w/my new book.

(Oh, speaking of that Jaz, go to Amazon, and put in "Dead Letters" you'll get the author's name and a good summary of what it's about. So far, I am quite enjoying it. The writing is tart and observant, and the premise is very interesting.)

I got a great news for a sad reason today. My son is coming in tomorrow, unexpectedly, for the funeral of a pal's sister, , a pal of his I know quite well. So sad for her. But I will take the silver lining. I can hardly believe it's been almost a year since I've seen him, as we chat all the time. But I've got mama hunger to feel my ever lovin' arms around him! It will be short, but oh so sweet.

Good day on plan. Haven't had a treat night in over 2 months. WILL have one when son is in town.

Getting a teensy bit discouraged. Can't break past that 3 pound loss, even though I feel like I've made a difference in the calories I was eating, plus being on plan 99% of the time, small bites off is all. My body has planted itself at this weight and doesn't want to budge.

Would REALLY like to push that loss up to 5 to 7 pounds, at which point I'd only be halfway to my low, but I'd settle for that happily about now.

SIGH. I know some here know the frustration.
  #1219   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 04:29

BF:

Boy that alarm clock seemed SO early this morning! Goodness- dang it's just a hour- feels like more.

Blue- yea on seeing the kiddo! Sorry about the circumstance. Hope your time together is great. I feel your frustration! I feel too I just can't bust past the bounce house. I have lost some in the last year- and I am just flat STUCK. Do you eat 3 meals a day?

I am going to check out Dead Letters- Glad you are liking it.

Trig- hoping you are better!?

Kmom- So we aren't tracking today right? Well I am going to knock down the water to 6 glasses.
Maybe I am holding to much fluid?

Leeann- how are you? Better question- how's the hubby?

Cat- hope your week goes well.

all-
I know short post today. Really tired. I really hate it when the clocks get played with. It takes awhile to adjust - but I love it lighter later!

I need to re-evaluate me. I am stuck in the bounce house. I don't get it. I really have been patiently waiting for that WHOOSH for 6 weeks now.

Maybe I need to seriously look at calories too- urghhhhhhh- but something got to give! I am up 2 pounds from last week. I did go through a package of bacon this week end? Frustrated too! But not enough to say f....... it and forget it. I would be 100 more pounds over night! Seriously-

Ok gotta run- Oh BTW- I have a lunch date. It will be interesting to see if he shows up.
  #1220   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 04:46

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Up early and having some coffee before we head for the Spa. The snow is arriving late tonight, we are in the 12-24 inch range. WTH???

Jaz...love your Florida plans! You'll have a great time.

Tomorrow will be spent watching it snow. The big worry is power outages due to very windy conditions. I think winter is having the last laugh!

Hope you're feeling better Trig.

Later!
  #1221   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 10:10

BF:

Cat- Hugs and more hugs. Touchpoints in life, when we step back and evaluate where we are and where we want to go, are hard. My thoughts are with you.

KMOM- Definitely sounds like regular water drinking is the thing to do and your cardiologist agrees. Get after it!

BLUE- My DH is the Cancer sign too, born in July. I'm a fiery and stubborn Aries and I act like it, too!
So sorry to hear of the REASON for your son's visit, but on the other hand, I am THRILLED that you will get to see, and hear, and HUG ON YOUR BOY!! I know those days will be here for me one day but I cannot imagine it as yet and the thought of not having seen one of my kids for almost a year is unbearable. Make him let you hug him as much as you WANT!!
Also, I am sorry you are frustrated and discouraged. Hang in there, my friend.

TRIGGER- Good Lord, girl, you have been hit HARD! So sorry. Sounds like it could be the legit flu to me but whatever it is, you are doing right by laying low and resting as much as you can. Big hugs!

Jaz- Looking forward to being directed to your blog. Can't wait to check it out. How exciting about the trip with your son!! That sounds awesome. Very happy for you!
Girl, I am sorry about the Bounce House. I know it is frustrating for you. The only thing I can think of it portions, what do you think? I wonder if you did somewhat less fasting (I mean, not eating really often or anything, you know) but maybe 2-3 meals a day that would hold you better so you aren't ravenous when you do eat? Dunno, just a thought, feel free to disregard!

Lori- Have an AMAZING time at the SPA!!

•••••••••••

DH continues to improve and is doing well, although obviously still quite sore. Last night I showed him how to use a pillow against his tum so he could sleep on his side and this morning he said he slept the best he has since his surgery, so that's good! I told him that he now understands my love affair with my body pillow- it was my favorite thing during my pregnancies!

Had a mini meltdown with all the things coming up over the next month overwhelming me. Today I will sit down and make a list, lay out all that is happening and coming up, and have an overview and a plan to make it more manageable. One bite at a time!

We have snow coming and the amount is a bit of a mystery, with the rain/snow line. Could be 4-5 inches, could be a foot or more. Guess we will see. Every now and again we get a total whiff, so it could be nothing at all!

Weighed today and up a bit as I expected. Not too bad though. Emotional eating and TOM are the culprits but I'm back on track and all is well there.

Got up, got the boys out, quick shower and out to the store. Bought groceries for the week's dinners along with milk bc we had a half gallon left. I knew the stores would be crazy over the weekend and after work today in prep for the storm so I grabbed my coffee mug and lit out early.

Meals this week:
Crack slaw
Roadkill
Parmesan Tilapia
Meatloaf

#1222   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 10:52

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hey, all!

Jaz, fun having a lunch date. We will be waiting for a report. Sure, I think it would be good to chart your water and even post it here, but this week I won't be doing the tallies for everyone. Next week starts a two-week cycle and week one I will HOUND you if you don't report.

Blue, Yes...loved this snowfall. Everything is glistening! Enjoy your son, even though like you said circumstances for him coming are sad.

Lori, enjoy watching the massive snowfall you are going to get. Yikes!

Trig, waiting to hear you are strong again. Way too long.

Cat, thinking of you as you try to figure some stuff out.

Nic, glad DH is improving. Fun story about the pillow! Your weekly menu sounds great!

I am doing my TRUE plan this week. Will post more later about it. It is a combination of how Trig eats and how Blue eats.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1223   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 11:46

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction/zc
Stats: 185/170.5/135 Female 67
BF:32
Progress: 29%

Hi All,
K-Mom - would love to hear more about your true plan!! I agree with the water drinking. I know when I start having issues, the first question I ask myself is when did you last drink a glass of water?

Nicco - glad DH is improving! That list will save your anxiety for sure. Whenever I get overwhelmed, lists seem to help.

Lori - hope you had a blast at the spa! Can't wait to hear about it!

Blue - enjoy your son! Sounds like you two have a lot of catching up to do. Hugs!!

Jaz - I had to start watching cals too. Had hit a plateau and wasn't losing so I started tracking cals and stopped eating at 1200. Its where I feel full but not stuffed and where I can still lose.

Whirrlly - get well soon my friend!! You've been down and out for a while now. Hope the crud leaves your house soon!!

------------------------------
Thoughtful Monday. Reading the Art of Zen Happiness. So far good book. Not exactly what I expected, but in part - spot on.

Today last day of my four day weekend. Next week starts a week long vacation. I think it will give me the time I need to make some serious decisions in my life.

Have a great week all!
  #1224   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-17, 17:46

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals---

Jaz---To answer your question, I eat 2 meals a day usually…occasionally I fast between an iced coffee w/cream in the later morning (never have been able to eat till I've been up at LEAST a couple of hours) and dinner, but that has to happen naturally and comfortably for me and it isn't often that it does.

Light lunch, nice dinner. Although if I'm working on site and we all order out for lunch, and I always get a salad, some of those are higher cal, while totally on plan, such as a Cobb salad.

Feel your "bounce house" frustration. Have you ever asked your doc what you could expect in terms of a time spectrum as to when post surgery internal inflammation should be over?

Nic---Yay for the body pillow! I've thought of getting one of those, and your post encourages me to pursue it. I can see where it would relieve pressure points of sleeping on your side.

Aires is my rising sign so I'm like you and hubby in one body, astrologically. The goat wants me to ram forward, the crab wants me to go everywhere sideways. Confusing, LOL.

Cat---I'm so glad you brought up the book you're reading, "The Art of Zen Happiness." I've been thinking a lot lately about how happiness can be a choice more often than we think it is, and I think I have to check into this book.

Reminds me of a quote I read a long time ago from that famous rake, Warren Beatty. He was asked in an interview once, why, after all those women and all those years of confirmed bachelorhood he finally bit the bullet and married Annette Benning.

He answered: "Because she has an enormous capacity for happiness, wakes up that way every day, and I wanted to be near that, always." Always stuck with me, that idea of "capacity for happiness."

K-mom---Back to "TRUE" for you, huh? When you have a chance, I'd love to hear what this looks like in terms of eating choices for you from one to the other. Do you do all meat on "TR" days? What does a "UE" look like for you? Just curious, because you seemed to have had success with this in the past.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to run, hubby is making steaks and they're just off the grill. I'm having mine with sautéed mushrooms, and that's it for dinner.

Oh, and Nic, I had your concept of a yogurt and sour cream mix, with mashed blackberries, (w/hint of sweetener and vanilla) and crispy bacon for lunch. Hadn't made it for awhile, and those two things are SO vibrant together for the taste buds.

I get on something for awhile, then move on to the next thing for awhile, and forget about some of my best LC tools/recipes, and this is one of them!

Son coming in at 11PM. Can't wait.
  #1225   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 04:46

BF:

Hello all
Leeann- (((((Hugs)))))- I get mini melt downs. We all have them. But sounds though you are dealing with everything well. One bite at a time! You got this! Are you still planning
that Europe trip?
How’s the hubby? Did you get the snow? Lots of stuff going on with you! No wonder you are a bit antsy. You are right about maybe the portion thing- I need some readjusting.

Blue- I am still waiting to go to TJ to get my gryo making stuff. Yesterday was crazy busy at work and I didn’t get over there. Hopeful today will be my day! Thanks for sharing that. I am ALWAYS on the hunt for new LC stuff!

Hope you are having a great time with your son. How long can he stay? I too want to comment on happiness being a choice.
I too might be interested in that book. But it is a choice I think. But I think it takes practice. I would not say I wake up happy- but wake up content most times.
So I guess one would have to define what “happiness” means to them. I am happy to be content. Fun to think about.

Cat- Thanks for sharing what you are reading. Makes for fun discussion. Good for you to have some vacay time. Everyone needs “down” time to relax. We are a busy group.
What did you say you did again? Sorry I know I have ask you that before. 

Trig- TELL US YOU FEEL BETTER!!!!!! – HUGSSSSSSSS Thoughts your way on a speedy recovery.

Lori- Having a blast with sister. Thinking about you too

Kmom- So what is your eating plan? What is TRUE? Does that stand for something? I think any plan works if it works for you. I failed miserably in the water dept. yesterday! But today is a new day.
-------------------------------------
So – I have dropped the 2 pounds and hovering AGAIN at my low. I have noticed a decrease in the belly- and dropped a size. So I am giving the scale my middle finger!
I’m just going to keep on doing what feel good to my body.

Lunch with the guy was good. He is very very tall- sorta rugged. I am used to button down white shirts. He is more flannel. So it will be worth at least one more meet.

Gotta run- I have let the morning- slip through my fingers. I am not moving real fast. I have not slept good the last couple nights and feel it immensely.

Have a wonderful day- CHOOSE HAPPINESS! 
  #1226   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 13:30

BF:

Blue- totally love my body pillow and have been using one for many years now. I like it between my knees when I'm sleeping on my side and one arm tossed over it.

Jaz- Glad you are back down the two and back down to the low again. Love a guy in flannel, which is funny bc I married more of a white collar guy- but at home he's a flannel guy.

•••••••••••

The snowstorm did exactly as I felt it would- initial snow, became sleet and lots of it, for a long time. The boys did the shoveling and said it was super heavy, like concrete. One of the shovels snapped! Probably will get a snow blower next year as we will down to one teen. We've been putting it off for a long time.

So snow day today and I'm guessing a delay tomorrow. Pretty much a perfect scenario. If it goes that way then DS15 can still have his ACSI Band competition on Thursday. That would be perfect!

Got the movie "Storks" from Redbox to watch tonight, just for fun. Today has been a snow day diet of crab pretzel and ice cream. lol

Have a great day, buds!
  #1227   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 19:54

BF:

ummmmmm where are my buddies??????

Leeann- funny- white shirt to flannel. glad you are feeling better. How's the hubby? Hope you are getting rest too!
Talk to ya tomorrow.

Blue- got the Gryo meat.......OMG can't wait to eat tomorrow

Kmom- sigh......... 4/8 sighhhhhhh

Trig....... feel better

SLACKERS....... not going to mention names...... hahahahahah
"
whatever missed ya! - really hope ya all had a great day.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Mar-14-17 at 20:00.
  #1228   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-17, 20:42

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi!
I subbed all today today! Had a great day, but plenty tired. The elementary school I subbed at starts late and ends late. So I did not get home till 5:15.

My True plan. I came up with it a while back when Trig was doing whole carbs and Blue was doing net carbs. So I divide up my week between Trig and Blue....Thus the Tr for Trig and the ue for Blue.

This week my goal is Trig 4, Blue 3.

That means four days I will could whole carbs and three days I will count net carbs. I am also going to try to get as low as I can on the whole carb days as Trig is doing ZC now!

Will keep you posted.

Feel pretty CapD about this. It has worked in the past.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1229   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 04:12

BF:

Ladies! Good Morning.

Blue- GOT it. My TJ stuff. My dinner tonight is going to be YUMMY. I am going to make a gyro salad too. I also picked up Kalamata olives and feta (yea just a sprinkle).

Hope you are having a good week.

Kmom- I like the TRUE plan! It won’t work for me, but I really hope it works for you. I am like Trig- as close to zero as possible. I have an allergy to carbs! -
I am in need up the water thing. I am out of my pure water and had to drink tap- urghhhhhh yuck. So I wasn’t chugging it! I will stop and pick some up before work this morning.

Trig- HEY ARE YOU ALIVE UP THERE??

Lori- When are you getting back?

Leeann- Love you got “snowed” in and had fun with the boys. Wow- it even snapped a shovel. That is some snow! I hate ice- dangerous to drive on. So ready for spring.

Was is the report on hubby? Are you still the nurse?

Cat- when does your vacay start? Are you going anywhere? ----------------
All- so now at low AGAIN! I feel “flat belly” good. Could do better in the water dept. Yesterday was a great day. Great eating, smaller portions- low cal/ Zero carbs. And I dropped a pound to show for it.
I think that may be the ticket for me. Unfortunately I think that is what it is going to take to get losing again. URGHHHHH

I am not sure what is going on sleep wise for me- 3 day in a row now up at 4- and can’t fall back to sleep and alarm goes off 5:15. – I don’t know. Frustrating- and tired.

Work is cruising along, getting in the flow of it.
Ok- well need to leave a little early today to get my water
before work.

Have a wonderful all
  #1230   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-17, 04:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL

sorry MIA but wow I got nailed with the sick! Worse I have been in years. It floored me but on the mend slowly here. The icy chills and freezing to the bone took me down fast ----just the sickest I been in such a long time I forgot what it was like LOL

slowly coming around. just exhausted. all good. will chat more later. just exhausted at this point and eyeballs actually hurt still

take care all!!!
Closed Thread