Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 12:35
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/dietdoctor
Stats: 182/175/159 Female 67
BF:no idea!
Progress: 30%

ah ok, cool

you have to understand, whereas a lot of you have been here for more than a month, some of us haven't and it is very complicated on this forum! its not a modern updated format, and things are very hard to find you are new and dont know. like a maze. i have done pretty well so far but i still get stuck.

thanks. i appreciate it and all your help

i always find you very informative. i appreciate that.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 12:51
Registered Member

Default regarding old theories

sorry to ask

but can you just tell me in a nutshell why eating fat makes you lose weight? i am struggling still with this concept still...

thanks
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 08:41
Registered Member

Arrow now. i am aware of the game

does anyone follow the dietdoctor , he is excellent. i like his style. though i do think he looks rather like he is dying. not a very good advert.

love and i support of YOU ALL xx

Last edited by carol2016 : Thu, Jul-07-16 at 11:23. Reason: v long post. i wanna stay on LCHF.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 08:50

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol2016
i look so much slimmer it is extraordinary. lost inches round my waist.

You say you are here to lose weight, but I am here to be smaller. You are getting smaller, so by my standards you are succeeding.

But not every program is for every person and you have to do what you think is best. If you think you should find some other plan, then you should.

I wish you the best of luck!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 08:57
Registered Member

i said in my post...several times for emphasis, i do not wish to find another plan. i want to stay here.
thanks for your input
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 08:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaR
You say you are here to lose weight, but I am here to be smaller. You are getting smaller, so by my standards you are succeeding.

But not every program is for every person and you have to do what you think is best. If you think you should find some other plan, then you should.

I wish you the best of luck!

1. first and foremost, you are NOT "doing atkins" as you haven't read any of his books yet....you are doing "Carol's guess at what Atkins is." As much info as you can get here, there is no substitution for reading the book. The very basic questions you ask like "how does eating fat not make me fat" show a complete lack of understanding of how the diet works.

2. Seriously the going on and on about how people here are die hards is silly. People here found it worked for them, so we stay to help others. Does that mean there are not other paths to Rome? No, it simply means this worked for us.
If this isn't for you, I am sure there are tons of other groups you can find online for a plan that suits you.
BUT, as long as you believe to lose weight it must be in social isolation, and a burden- you will ultimately fail to maintain any plan you choose. pick one you can stick to, for life.

just curious, how old are you? is it just you and your husband in household? I am asking because having children at home, or being younger and more social vs older and retired, or 2 people working full time- all present unique challenges. So knowing a bit more can be helpful info.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 09:00
Registered Member

i have read all his books actually.
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 09:03

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol2016
i said in my post...several times for emphasis, i do not wish to find another plan. i want to stay here.
thanks for your input

Thanks for laughing at my input.

Quote:
i want to stay on it. i want it to work. but i tried before , years ago, and last time we all agreed, after week 2 we lost nothing, it was a waste of money, and buggered up our social life and just didn't work for us. and were disappointed.

You just listed a bunch of reasons why you DON'T want to stay.

Enjoy your journey. I hope you find the answers you seek.
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 09:05
Registered Member

julia, no. i posted reasons that challenge staying. but as i said i want to stay.

and i didnt laugh, i thought that smily was a smile.
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 10:37

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Carol,

Are your stats correct that you're down 9 lbs from your start weight? Has it only been a month since you started LC? That's a great start. Your profile says you started 3 weeks ago, you might want to change that to the date you started.

Are you still eating at induction levels? What is your daily menu?

It's normal to slow down after a good start. Your body is probably on hold trying to catch up. If you are super carb sensitive you might need to lower them. Calories do count too.

Just hang in and stay 100% OP and your weight will eventually go down. This is a lifetime plan and not lose weight as fast as you can plan and then start eating carbs again. Everyone is different on how fast or slow they lose and how many carbs they can eat.

You've only been low carb for a short time. Give it more time and you will see results if you are on plan, no cheats.

#101   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 10:48
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
1. first and foremost, you are NOT "doing atkins" as you haven't read any of his books yet....you are doing "Carol's guess at what Atkins is." As much info as you can get here, there is no substitution for reading the book. The very basic questions you ask like "how does eating fat not make me fat" show a complete lack of understanding of how the diet works.

2. Seriously the going on and on about how people here are die hards is silly. People here found it worked for them, so we stay to help others. Does that mean there are not other paths to Rome? No, it simply means this worked for us.
If this isn't for you, I am sure there are tons of other groups you can find online for a plan that suits you.
BUT, as long as you believe to lose weight it must be in social isolation, and a burden- you will ultimately fail to maintain any plan you choose. pick one you can stick to, for life.

just curious, how old are you? is it just you and your husband in household? I am asking because having children at home, or being younger and more social vs older and retired, or 2 people working full time- all present unique challenges. So knowing a bit more can be helpful info.

i have read all the books and they all argue with each other
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 10:54
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi Carol,

Are your stats correct that you're down 9 lbs from your start weight? Has it only been a month since you started LC? That's a great start. Your profile says you started 3 weeks ago, you might want to change that to the date you started.

Are you still eating at induction levels? What is your daily menu?

It's normal to slow down after a good start. Your body is probably on hold trying to catch up. If you are super carb sensitive you might need to lower them. Calories do count too.

Just hang in and stay 100% OP and your weight will eventually go down. This is a lifetime plan and not lose weight as fast as you can plan and then start eating carbs again. Everyone is different on how fast or slow they lose and how many carbs they can eat.

You've only been low carb for a short time. Give it more time and you will see results if you are on plan, no cheats.

well, today so far i had two coffees with heavy cream. and an 1/2 avocado green salad with pancetta pieces, pieces of cubed italian tomato, EVCP olive oil in quantity and balsamic vinegar not hungry. tonight we are having chicken and chard.

i haven't eaten anymore cos i tend not to get hungry and dont force feed .
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 11:28
Registered Member

Default my dieting day so far

well, today so far i had two coffees with heavy cream.

for brunch i had a 1/2 avocado, green salad, with pancetta pieces, pieces of cubed italian tomato, EVCP olive oil in quantity, and balsamic vinegar. tonight we are having chicken and chard.

i haven't eaten anymore cos i tend not to get hungry and dont force feed .

so. say what you think about my dieting day so far? where am i going wrong if i am at all. it is true it is nearly half past seven in the evening here but i don't think you should eat if you don't want and atkins said so, and so does the diet doctor (whom i respect a lot)

anyone?
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 11:43

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Carol, I have the Kindle version of the Atkins newer book and skimmed through the section on induction. I don't see any mention of fat percentages, just to be liberal with it. If you are currently not hungry between meals, I agree that increasing fat without decreasing calories from other sources is not a great idea, especially since you have gone four weeks without losing.

I have lost five pounds in two and a half weeks and at my current rate, I see a scale decrease of about a half pound every three or four days. If I were in your situation, I would look closely at my daily consumption and eliminate anything iffy, such as processed foods (bars, which I don't eat, but an example), nuts, alcohol, etc. I would also look at portion sizes and calories, because they do matter.

Also, watch the balsamic vinegar. My Atkins tracker says it has 5 grams of net carbs per tablespoon. I exchanged apple cider vinegar for balsamic, which I miss, but I can live with it. Are you using a tracker? The Atkins is a free app in the US anyway and might help you.

Last edited by Ccat69 : Thu, Jul-07-16 at 11:48. Reason: Addition
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-16, 12:14
Registered Member

hi love
have you just finished induction... your stats say you have xx thanks for the post