Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone


Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 21:41
jmh6251's Avatar
jmh6251 jmh6251 is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 853
 
Plan: Vegetarian lowcarb
Stats: 182/160/125 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 39%
Location: Kitsap County in Wa
Default

Hey there Warriors, another beautiful day.

Just got back from dining out. I ended up eating eggs and bacon. It was nice and filling and I stayed OP. I was totally ready to just sip on Ice Tea if they didn't have anything that was acceptable.


DH was a little concerned because I brought the hash browns home for him to eat later, and gave him my toast. He said I should live a little since it was 4th of July weekend. he still doesn't get it even after 2 years that I have been eating this way.

DD is always watching her weight. If she gains 2 pounds she goes in a frenzy. But she gets concerned because I choose to eat the way I do. She believes the hype and propaganda.

I took my walk this morning, didn't climb the hill. My joints have finally settled down. May have to look into hip replacement surgery.

I understand how you feel Jamackarch, I wish my husband would get on board. Maybe your hubby will see how well you are doing one of these days and follow suit.

You are right Bernie, I have done quite a bit of the same thing. Today I was out and it was one o clock. I was hungry so I got a bacon cheese burger at wendy's and trashed the bun. I find it easy to find food.

I haven't weighed myself lately, but have gradually got myself down to a smaller size. But my other issues have resolved themselves. That was what I have been after. And I don't spend my day thinking of my next meal I can concentrate on something more worthwhile. Finally food can be fuel and not an obsession.

Hope everyone has a fantastic 4th of July.

Blessings and Peace;
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 05:53
Whirrlly's Avatar
Whirrlly Whirrlly is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 3,559
 
Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%
Location: Southeast
Default

Jama, great attitude. don't worry, food is around that we can eat just eat what LC stuff you can and what is worse for us...we 'try' to use the situation to go OFF plan. your mind says, ahhh, only XX to eat, I am starving so I might as well eat whatever then get back on plan when I can find my food. Believe me it doesn't work tried it, and it always screwed me up. Like you said you won't die with missing a meal It gets extremely worrisome when we loss that control of our meals, but in reality, we always have control. we can find our lc foods, might take a bit of work but we can keep on plan!!

jmh, good going on a smaller size! Simple, easy meals are key. stay on those and while it 'never really gets easier' in a way about this monster food change since we are surrounded all the time by carb-junk, eating simple easy meals and the same ones basically means it takes all the stress off 'dieting'. No excessive thinking about meals....that is what helps me. I know my foods and I stick with those and that focus on what to eat is gone, less challenging and keeps me in control.

HI ALL
busy day again
my pool is cloudy....can't seem to get it sparkling again like when I left...that drives me crazy but working on balance and filtering like mad so soon I hope.

nothing new to report...just doing my thing and whittling away the day
Reply With Quote
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 08:21
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?
Hiya, Berni!

Everything is going great! Like De said a couple of days as "Same WOE, Different Day!"
Quote:
Jams, I always bring my canned tuna or salmon, can opener, and my bags of salad. HCA-72 fast food. If I can't find a store to buy my protein on longer trips you can always get at McDonald's quarter pounder patties alacarte and a side salad. Subway will put any Sammy over salad they have packets of red wine vinegar and olive oil for dressing.

I have even done Wendy's just get the side Caesar sans croutons and their grilled chik sans buns. Fast food chik salad. Once you get to the house you could always stock up on bags of salad and eggs for emergency.
Most excellent advice, girlie!
Quote:
I figure this is my life so there is never a reason to go off plan...
That's why you're a WARRIOR member of TEAM 5%!

Reply With Quote
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 08:26
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Yeah, there is NO DEVIATING> THIS IS IT. Never a reason to eat carbage. I'll seriously "starve" before I'll derail myself. I KNOW what happens if I stray. So, NOT gonna happen.
Preach it Sista!

What a fab-tastic WINNING attitude to have concerning NOT eating those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods!

You are so ROCKIN' our incredible LC WOE! WTG! Woot! Woot!

Reply With Quote
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 08:31
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Could truer words have ever been spoken? ...no.

NO ONE can argue with the results.

Jo, you are a living, breathing, inspiration, lead-by-example, cannot deny reality (although, somehow some people still do...) brilliant example of what VLC can do for people's health. awesomeness!
Awww shucks, thanks for the kind words, Jams!

BTW: We're all living examples of what is possible once we say, CHEATING is so not worth what we've accomplished and what we plan on accomplishing!

We just have to Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight every single blessed day by staying 100% OP and letting tomorrow take care of itself!
Reply With Quote
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 08:48
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Just got back from dining out. I ended up eating eggs and bacon. It was nice and filling and I stayed OP. I was totally ready to just sip on Ice Tea if they didn't have anything that was acceptable.
That's awesome, Judy! It really is a choice every single time we eat! WTG!
Quote:
DH was a little concerned because I brought the hash browns home for him to eat later, and gave him my toast. He said I should live a little since it was 4th of July weekend. he still doesn't get it even after 2 years that I have been eating this way.
Judy, he may NEVER GET IT. But that's okay b/c you are doing something to improve your health!
Quote:
DD is always watching her weight. If she gains 2 pounds she goes in a frenzy. But she gets concerned because I choose to eat the way I do. She believes the hype and propaganda.
Many people have been brainwashed by the hogwash that our government & medical profession have deemed the "healthy" way to eat.

All you can do is serve as an example that the LC WOE is best for you no matter what! Hopefully, she'll realize that too!
Quote:
I took my walk this morning, didn't climb the hill. My joints have finally settled down. May have to look into hip replacement surgery.
Sorry to hear that you may need hip replacement surgery...
Quote:
I haven't weighed myself lately, but have gradually got myself down to a smaller size. But my other issues have resolved themselves. That was what I have been after.
That's awesome!

Why don't you weigh yourself? You should never fear the scale b/c IMHO, if you're eating 100% OP everyday, the scale will reflect that!
Quote:
And I don't spend my day thinking of my next meal I can concentrate on something more worthwhile. Finally food can be fuel and not an obsession.
Isn't that a terrific place to be, that food is fuel and not an obsession?

B/c I was like that as "Fat Jo"! I spent what felt like hours obsessing about my next carb-age fix.

Hell, sometimes I wasn't even finished face-planting in a carb-age laden dish and I was thinking about what I was going to have next.... I was one sick sick sick carb-addict for sure!

Once I seriously went HC A '72, food did not hold that same passion, obsession for me.

I regard food simply as something to nourish my body! That being said, I don't want you to think I don't LOVE what I eat...b/c I do!

Here's a great quote that really sums up how I feel about food these days:
Quote:
A Buddhist “Before Eating” prayer that includes these words:

"By seeing this food as medicine, I will consume it without attachment or hatred, not to increase my arrogance, strength or good looks, but solely to sustain my life."

Posted by Jean (cotonpal) in thud123’s Journal on 9 Jan 2016
Reply With Quote
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 09:24
Whirrlly's Avatar
Whirrlly Whirrlly is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 3,559
 
Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%
Location: Southeast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Awww shucks, thanks for the kind words, Jams!

BTW: We're all living examples of what is possible once we say, CHEATING is so not worth what we've accomplished and what we plan on accomplishing!

We just have to Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight every single blessed day by staying 100% OP and letting tomorrow take care of itself!


cheating keeps the miserable useless frustrating and insane cycle alive for us carby sensitive people. the insane cycle of diet and fail!!

cheating is useless for a super carb sensitive addict

we all know that here. we tried and tried to work carbs into our lives and was on an endless train of failure and misery.

for those who must eliminate carbs to make this work and the best results for their body-----cheating is a 0 option. one bite can screw us up (ask me how I know that one )

You will read '''some can cheat''' like crazy and lose and do fine.
WE ARE not those people. And while not fair! , nothing in life is.
Once you know you are a carb sensitive person, you must act on the solution...solution, abstain, do not even pretend to try to 'moderate'.
will never work for our type!!

great advice on the board about HOW WE must do it! Super carb addicts---we must be warrior strong and we are
Reply With Quote
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 09:34
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default The Big FAT Fix

Excellent article that Janet (JEY100) shared today on this thread:

The Big FAT Fix

"Eating MORE fat while cutting carbs and quitting sugar can help you lose weight and be happier, says top cardiologist"

If you've got the time, I know it's so well worth reading! Especially since this is a doctor who totally supports and lives LC WOE!

Here's my response in that thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Terrific article. Wish more health professionals would take this doctor's lead and tell their patients that the hogwash our medical professionals have been telling us for eons is WRONG WRONG WRONG!

One of the parts that caught my eye (and there were many) was this:
Quote:
I started my diet revolution by simply cutting out sugar and refined carbohydrates — white bread, pastries, pasta and white rice — and being more generous with the olive oil, nuts and seeds.
Hmmmmm where'd we hear THAT phase before?
Reply With Quote
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 09:40
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
cheating keeps the miserable useless frustrating and insane cycle alive for us carby sensitive people. the insane cycle of diet and fail!!

cheating is useless for a super carb sensitive addict

we all know that here. we tried and tried to work carbs into our lives and was on an endless train of failure and misery.

for those who must eliminate carbs to make this work and the best results for their body-----cheating is a 0 option. one bite can screw us up (ask me how I know that one )

You will read '''some can cheat''' like crazy and lose and do fine.
WE ARE not those people. And while not fair! , nothing in life is.
Once you know you are a carb sensitive person, you must act on the solution...solution, abstain, do not even pretend to try to 'moderate'.
will never work for our type!!

great advice on the board about HOW WE must do it! Super carb addicts---we must be warrior strong and we are
WOW Karen fabulous POST, girlie!

CHEATING for me means deliberately, purposefully doing the complete opposite of what I know I have to do to maintain my good health & keep the weight off!

Here's a couple of great quotes, IMHO, to add to the mix:
Quote:
But once you learn the truth about carbs it becomes your responsibility to act on that knowledge if you want to lose weight and regain health.

By Jean (cotonpal) 24 November 2015
I found this quote that's very appropriate to her statement above:

'With knowledge comes power and with power comes great responsibility" anonymous

Last edited by Just Jo : Sat, Jul-02-16 at 11:21. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
Reply With Quote
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 11:13
Whirrlly's Avatar
Whirrlly Whirrlly is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 3,559
 
Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%
Location: Southeast
Default

yup and I am off reading how a 'pasta meal' put a person's type 2 diabetes into 'scary zone' and they said, they can 'control' it with correct choices........well you can CURE it with the correct choices all the time yet so many don't get it and never will. the food has the power.

not being flip or whatever here cause I WAS one where food had the power. NOW I DO and it makes a world of difference in MY life. simple as that.

but it takes alot to get here and everyone is on their own path. some see, some will never!!
Reply With Quote
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 13:02
DelaneyLC's Avatar
DelaneyLC DelaneyLC is offline
Posts: 1,995
 
Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 188/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%
Location: NV
Default

Happy Saturday Warriors...

Today is a clean, clean, clean day! I am in the process of going through all my kitchen stuff to downsize. My cupboards are full of stuff we don't use from our former SAD days. Eating the way we do now we really don't need to keep that much kitchen crapola. Boxing stuff up to donate. Will check with DIL first to see if she wants anything.

I have been going through garage storage too and throwing out or donating stuff. It's a start...

It feels good to o be purging stuff!!!


Have a super duper terrific weekend all
Reply With Quote
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 13:50
LauriSinge's Avatar
LauriSinge LauriSinge is offline
Registered Member
Posts: 59
 
Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 265/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default

Surgery is done. First day was pretty rough. Second day they brought breakfast...I only ate the broth, because everything else had sugar. By lunch (same options) I was awfully hungry. I had a few pecans, only 4 carbs per ounce. Then they allowed food, so i ordered eggs and cheese. Same for dinner. Today I am tired, but doing ok. I know nuts aren't induction, but Atkins said his only real problem with them was how addicting they can be. It helped me not eat the carbs they ordered (even though I called ahead with my request). So, probably several days of rest and pain meds, and 6 weeks of restricted activity.
Reply With Quote
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 16:39
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
yup and I am off reading how a 'pasta meal' put a person's type 2 diabetes into 'scary zone' and they said, they can 'control' it with correct choices........well you can CURE it with the correct choices all the time yet so many don't get it and never will. the food has the power.
Food ONLY has POWER if we let it as you well know!

But some of these poor people are probably following the advice of their doctors who are ALSO very misinformed... it's sad, so very sad!

Quote:
not being flip or whatever here cause I WAS one where food had the power. NOW I DO and it makes a world of difference in MY life. simple as that.

but it takes alot to get here and everyone is on their own path. some see, some will never!!
Karen, we've all let FOOD have that power OR none of us would be here, eh?

But you're absolutely correct, some will never see!
Reply With Quote
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 16:45
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Happy Saturday Warriors...

Today is a clean, clean, clean day! I am in the process of going through all my kitchen stuff to downsize. My cupboards are full of stuff we don't use from our former SAD days. Eating the way we do now we really don't need to keep that much kitchen crapola. Boxing stuff up to donate. Will check with DIL first to see if she wants anything.
Good for you and your down-sizing venture! I agree, why keep stuff you're not going to use & that clutters up your cupboards!

I did that before I moved into my new house. I gave my DDs everything I didn't need to live my WOE. I boxed up everything and when they came to visit, I had them take those boxes home with them to AZ. I let them sort out what they wanted & had them donate the rest to whomever!
Quote:
I have been going through garage storage too and throwing out or donating stuff. It's a start...

It feels good to be purging stuff!!!
Wow you are on a roll today, De!
Quote:
Have a super duper terrific weekend all
Thanks and you too, my dear friend!
Reply With Quote
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 16:50
Just Jo's Avatar
Just Jo Just Jo is offline
A'72 Lifer Hard Core
Posts: 13,542
 
Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Location: South Central New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriSinge
Surgery is done.
So great to see you, Lauri!
Quote:
First day was pretty rough. Second day they brought breakfast...I only ate the broth, because everything else had sugar. By lunch (same options) I was awfully hungry. I had a few pecans, only 4 carbs per ounce. Then they allowed food, so i ordered eggs and cheese. Same for dinner. Today I am tired, but doing ok. I know nuts aren't induction, but Atkins said his only real problem with them was how addicting they can be. It helped me not eat the carbs they ordered (even though I called ahead with my request). So, probably several days of rest and pain meds, and 6 weeks of restricted activity.
Wow you did terrific with staying 100% OP given what you had to deal with! WTG!

Atkins sure knows about nuts and I think that's also the same reason why he restricted cheese... it's addictive to a lot of us with portion control issue! I know I can't do cheese or nuts for that reason!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.